Two Additional Fox News Staffers Targeted By Obama DOJ…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Megyn Kelly just announced Fox News reporter William LaJeunesse and a producer were also targeted by the DOJ. Will update when I find a story.

Update: Chilling stuff.

Via John Nolte:
Fox News reports that three Fox staffers, two reporters and one producer, were targeted by Barack Obama’s Justice Department. Fox doesn’t have all the details yet on a reporter William La Jeunesse and producer Mike Levine, but their emails showed up in a IG report regarding Fast and Furious. Either their emails were leaked by the Justice Department officials they were sent to, or the email accounts of both were subpoenaed and invaded by government investigators.

The IG report does say that subpoenas were issued to obtain emails. Whose email was targeted is not yet known.

The third staffer is reporter James Rosen. The Washington Post’s story behind that is downright chilling. What we have here is a case of the Obama Administration criminalizing reporting.

Keep reading…

Still nothing to see here?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You know, first I was hopeful about Obama.

Then I thought he was simply an empty suit.

Now I realize it is much much worse.

Obama is scum. The worst President in living memory, perhaps the worst of all time.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Seriously, he's far worse in some respects than Bush was. Normalizing drone strikes and using the 1917 Espionage Act to stretch the law to cover journalists...I wonder if there is a Supreme Court case on the latter yet?

It's funny though, how the tables have turned. Anyone remember when Bill Bennett suggested that some Pulitzer Prize winning journalists should have received jail time for their reporting that the Bush Administration had instructed the NSA to wire tap without warrants? Now that Obama is doing basically the same thing to some Fox reporters, I wonder if Bennett would say the same thing, or if some American liberals will plug their noses and cheer on?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Wow Tonnington...shocked I am.

... I wonder if Bennett would say the same thing, or if some American liberals will plug their noses and cheer on?

Which is what they are doing. American Liberals/Progressives have been in this full court press since the 2010 Midterms. Power and control at all costs is how they are operating.

This forum is chock full of Canadian Liberals and I am sorry... they aren't as liberal as these extremists and they're not nearly as nasty.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
It seems that Obummers people were looking for 'breaches of security' when came across this Fox reporter he got spied on as part of the case.

Now do I blame the reporter for wanting to get the news ahead of his competition? No.

But because he 'knowingly reported on sensitive issues' I suppose that is the problem this reporter and others have created for themselves............

Fox News Reporter May Face Criminal Charges for Reporting on the CIA

In June 2009, Rosen reported on CIA analysis suggesting that North Korea might respond to new UN sanctions with renewed nuclear tests. In order to determine how Rosen learned of the analysis, which had been issued by the CIA only a few hours prior, FBI investigators used every tool at their disposal: analyzing Rosen's security access card to determine when he entered and left the State Department building, studying his phone records, and subpoenaing his personal email.

Ultimately, agents determined the source of the leak was likely the State Department's Stephen Jin-Woo Kim. Rosen and Kim established a high-tech version of the red-flag-in-a-planter system used by Bob Woodward during Watergate: when Kim wanted to meet, he would allegedly send an email to Rosen's Gmail account containing an asterisk. Rosen detailed the sorts of things he wanted to discuss.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/05/fox-news-reporter-james-rosen-may-face-criminal-charges-reporting-cia/65393/

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Extremely...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Who cares about the non-stop partisan baloney of FOX news. I hope they send them to Guantanimo, where they belong.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I don't approve of the actions, but let us do a rewind and find out some of
the reasons we got here. Nearly twenty years ago the Christian Coalition raised its
ugly head and began to destroy the Liberal Brand. Successful they were, and now
those same folks are as polarized as the right was then. There are some differences
though.
The right wing gathered together the unthinking folks hell bent on faith alone, and many
religious people shunned them on they went. The were the majority and did as they
pleased.
Now of course the left has found new voters. the poor, the working poor, the ethnic
vote and there are several. Incidentally they are now the majority and they don't give
a crap about those being targeted. They will use the great urban numbers to come out
and vote for the Democrats, and Ms. Clinton later on. See these folks being targeted
are not the majority anymore and the great Liberal Giant is on the move in urban and
high population districts. When the shoe is on the other foot in a polarized state of mind
it is most unpleasant. I have even heard people in this country say its about time to find
out how these rich folks get out of paying.
Will it bring down Obama no. will it continue likely. Will the right wing lose the house and
senate? Who knows. If the left can be mobilized and made to believe the others are a
threat to the new political agenda they will come out and Republicans will have a tough
hill to climb.
What started as a galvanizing polarization by the right is now coming full circle to some
nasty people agreed, but Carl Rove was not a very nice man either.
Can you hear it, well can you " Its all those fking chickens coming home to roost.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Looking more and more like a DOJ war on Fox News, not just James Rosen

First it was James Rosen’s personal email and phone records.

Then it was Rosen’s parents’ phone records.

Shannon Bream just reported on Hannity that court records appear to reflect phone records were obtained for multiple Fox News lines at multiple locations. The records were partially redacted, but the area codes and exchanges match up.

yep

» Looking more and more like a DOJ war on Fox News, not just James Rosen - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
DOJ Claims It Sent Subpoena To News Corp And James Rosen For Some Phone Records In 2010, But Oops, Like Holder’s Recusal, No One Ever Saw It

The DOJ is now, after a week, trying to claim that they sent notices of a subpoena for five phone numbers related to James Rosen and News Corp, Fox’s parent company. News Corp and its attorney claim they have no record of this. Must be like Eric Holder’s recusal decision-we know he claims it, just isn’t any record of it. Can we get some in Congress to pursue this lie of the recusal? A recusal has to be formally made in writing, just like a subpoena does.

This, of course, only pertains to 5 numbers, not the 30 some odd numbers from which they grabbed information, nor for Rosen’s email which they surveilled without cause or notification as well.

Sounds a bit like an effort to muddy the waters, when they are so clearly in the wrong…
(Reuters) – News Corp said on Monday it is still reviewing whether it has any record of a notification from the United States government involving a subpoena for a Fox News reporter’s phone records.

The media conglomerate was responding to the Justice Department, which said it told News Corp about the seizure of phone records for James Rosen, a reporter with Fox News, in August 2010.

“While we don’t take issue with the DOJ’s account that they sent a notice to News Corp, we do not have a record of ever having received it,” said News Corp spokesman Nathaniel Brown, who added the company is looking into the matter.

Fox News, which is owned by News Corp, has said it never received a notification from the government.

Lawrence Jacobs, the former worldwide general counsel at News Corp during 2010, told Reuters he had no recollection of ever receiving it nor had News Corp found any evidence when it combed through Jacobs’ emails.

“I have no memory of it,” he said.

A law enforcement official who asked not to be named said in a statement Monday that “In the investigation that led to the indictment of Stephen Kim, the government issued subpoenas for toll records for five phone numbers associated with the media. Consistent with Department of Justice policies and procedures, the government provided notification of those subpoenas nearly three years ago by certified mail, facsimile, and e-mail.”

Keep reading…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
N.Y. Times will not attend DOJ session, citing opposition to off-the-record provision

New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson has announced that her paper will not attend an off-the-record session with Attorney General Eric Holder to discuss the Justice Department's monitoring of reporters, due to the fact that the meeting is to be conducted "off the record."

“We will not be attending the session at DOJ. It isn’t appropriate for us to attend an off the record meeting with the attorney general. Our Washington bureau is aggressively covering the department’s handling of leak investigations at this time," Abramson said in a statement.

"Evidently, there will be a future session with department officials on the substance of how the law should be applied in leak cases and I am hopeful that our counsel, David McCraw will be able to participate in that meeting," she wrote.

more

N.Y. Times will not attend DOJ session, citing opposition to off-the-record provision - POLITICO.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The DOJ has went after the press in the past.. never ends well for the Government..right not Obama has CNN and MSNBC as his talking heads.. regardless if the DOJ goes after FOX NEWS, the News Media will circle the wagons and hell will break loose for Obama.

The old saying; "Giv'em enough rope..."