Student Rejected for Diversity Post Because He is “White”

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A Northwestern University student was rejected for a “diversity and inclusion post” in student government because he is a white, heterosexual male, resulting in a sharp rebuke from the university’s student newspaper.

Northwestern University’s Associated Student Government rejected the nomination of Stephen Piotrkowski for associate vice president of diversity and inclusion last week. The student-run committee “oversees diversity initiatives that stem from the undergraduate student body.”

Piotrkowski’s nomination sparked a heated discussion during an ASG meeting – described by a student reporter as “contentious.”
“This university is not ready, in any capacity, for a heterosexual white male to be in charge in any way of diversity and inclusion,” said Ian Coley, a member of the diversity committee. “I don’t know if any university is.”

ASG president Ani Ajith refused to answer questions about the matter. When asked by Fox News if he agreed with Coley’s remarks, Ajith hung up his phone.

more

Student Rejected for Diversity Post Because He is “White� | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Somehow I am not surprised. Clearly the diversity group is not as diverse and actually racist. I mean really racist.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
In Toronto Canada we have segregated schools for Afro-Canadians because they feel that they would learn better and there would be less of a drop out rate than being mixed in with the white kids. and the Afro-Canadians are more suited for the trades as opposed to university. A lot of people in this city is for segregation just like it was in southern United States many years ago.I don't agree I feel that the political system turned their backs on the education system for visible minorities and that is a shame.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
A Northwestern University student was rejected for a “diversity and inclusion post” in student government because he is a white, heterosexual male, resulting in a sharp rebuke from the university’s student newspaper.

Northwestern University’s Associated Student Government rejected the nomination of Stephen Piotrkowski for associate vice president of diversity and inclusion last week. The student-run committee “oversees diversity initiatives that stem from the undergraduate student body.”

Piotrkowski’s nomination sparked a heated discussion during an ASG meeting – described by a student reporter as “contentious.”
“This university is not ready, in any capacity, for a heterosexual white male to be in charge in any way of diversity and inclusion,” said Ian Coley, a member of the diversity committee. “I don’t know if any university is.”

ASG president Ani Ajith refused to answer questions about the matter. When asked by Fox News if he agreed with Coley’s remarks, Ajith hung up his phone.

more

Student Rejected for Diversity Post Because He is “White� | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
Interesting considering "white" people comprise only about 15% of the human population of the planet and white males, only about half that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Somehow I am not surprised. Clearly the diversity group is not as diverse and actually racist. I mean really racist.
Where does all this white self loathing stem from? If you want to be pegged as racist, start an all white men's club on campus.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Where does all this white self loathing stem from? If you want to be pegged as racist, start an all white men's club on campus.

I just don't know. I notice it mostly from the wealthy liberals. And no that isn't a lefty/ righty thing. They've got their stack and there is guilt I guess.

And an all white men's club on CAMPUS... that would be academic and social suicide. You would be an outcast and a target.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I just don't know. I notice it mostly from the wealthy liberals. And no that isn't a lefty/ righty thing. They've got their stack and there is guilt I guess.

And an all white men's club on CAMPUS... that would be academic and social suicide. You would be an outcast and a target.
I wish I was a wealthy white liberal with a stack of cash, I would learn to live with the guilt. Some guilt is nicer than other guilt. :D

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I wish I was a wealthy white liberal with a stack of cash, I would learn to live with the guilt. Some guilt is nicer than other guilt. :D

They live with it. Massachusetts is the worse when it comes to this. It is reflected in the state and local policies. They pit poor classes against each other and stay secure in their own lily white liberal neighborhoods.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They live with it. Massachusetts is the worse when it comes to this. It is reflected in the state and local policies. They pit poor classes against each other and stay secure in their own lily white liberal neighborhoods.
ruling class vs unwashed masses

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
ruling class vs unwashed masses

That is right...

"Yes we rich white people oppressed African-Americans for centuries so we are going to give them more advantages than poor white people. Of course it won't affect our kids. We've got our millions. So we can call the poor white people racist when they object that it is not fair."