Jimmy Carter Calls For Labeling Israeli Goods Made In West Bank “Illegal”…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
via Zip:
Jimmy Carter Calls For Labeling Israeli Goods Made In West Bank “Illegal”… | Weasel Zippers

“The EU has repeatedly condemned settlement expansion in the West Bank,” Mr Carter said. “It could therefore introduce a clear labelling of products made in Israel settlements, which are illegal under international law.”

more

Call over Israeli West Bank goods - Independent.ie

I thought Jimmy was dead. Huh.
well he's 90 and still going strong... he looked like death when he left the white house..but then, they usually all do...look better after a year...he did a lot of Houses for Humanity all over the world...I agree with him....likely most won't

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
His stupidity is well known, especially among his Democrat "buddies". He is quite brilliant (you do not become a Nuke Sub Driver if you are not), but he has a really severe case of political diarrhea.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Don't think I've ever seen any Israeli goods except maybe in pictures and an occasional Israeli immigrant. Had one living across the alley from us in Penticton. Nice people and she was a damned good baker.
Anyway, Jimmy's wishing in the wind, I think.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Don't think I've ever seen any Israeli goods except maybe in pictures and an occasional Israeli immigrant. Had one living across the alley from us in Penticton. Nice people and she was a damned good baker.
Anyway, Jimmy's wishing in the wind, I think.

I have one of their inventions in my heart.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
well he's 90 and still going strong... he looked like death when he left the white house..but then, they usually all do...look better after a year...he did a lot of Houses for Humanity all over the world...I agree with him....likely most won't

Of course they won't, because, if yousay anything negative about "Israel", "Israelis", or "Jews" you're a bigot.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Of course they won't, because, if yousay anything negative about "Israel", "Israelis", or "Jews" you're a bigot.

And if you do make your dislike open for some - then you are a bigot. Jimmy fits the bill.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
My, my. However do you endure such oppression?

I figure if my mother/grandmother/greatmother/greatgrandfather...etc...etc,.....etc..... managed it, I can.....

Now fu ck off, you're not the only one in here with Native ancestry.

I already corrected myself on the stent. So sad but you are late.

The "nope, try again" comment was in regard to the quoted statement by you that Carter was a bigot. NOT about the stent. Do try and follow along.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah I've noticed that support for Palestinians on this particular site is viewed as equal to being anti-Jew. Wonder how my uncle now dead and quite Jewish would view that. That's okay wrong is wrong whether they are Jews or Palestinians, and right is right and oppressed is oppressed. I hope I personally never lose sight of that.

My, my. However do you endure such oppression?
tolerantly. :)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
yeah I've noticed that support for Palestinians on this particular site is viewed as equal to being anti-Jew. Wonder how my uncle now dead and quite Jewish would view that. That's okay wrong is wrong whether they are Jews or Palestinians, and right is right and oppressed is oppressed. I hope I personally never lose sight of that.

Personally, I do not look at the ME problem as a "Jew vs. Palestine" problem. I view it as Israel vs. Palestine, or Israel vs. Syria, or Iran, etc. IMNSHO, the true bigots are those that MAKE it a "Jew" vs others no matter which side they support.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I figure if my mother/grandmother/greatmother/greatgrandfather...etc...etc,.....etc..... managed it, I can.....

Now fu ck off, you're not the only one in here with Native ancestry.

The "nope, try again" comment was in regard to the quoted statement by you that Carter was a bigot. NOT about the stent. Do try and follow along.

Then why post it?