~30% of Americans advocate armed apostasy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
And a greater percentage of dems think Bush knew about 9/11 beforehand.

Then there are UFO's, God, AGW, Bigfoot...likely a higher number for those believers too. No biggie.

Just don't muck with an American's guns man. :lol:

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
The problem is that that 30% are the ones armed to the teeth and just hoping for a chance to use those arms!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If 30% were prepared for an armed revolution it already would have happened. Hell, if 30% were prepared for an unarmed revolution it already would have happened.

The only thing this demonstrates is that almost 30% of Americans (and probably a lot more) run their mouths a lot.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The American revolution was only supported by about 30% of Americans.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If 30% were prepared for an armed revolution it already would have happened. Hell, if 30% were prepared for an unarmed revolution it already would have happened.

The only thing this demonstrates is that almost 30% of Americans (and probably a lot more) run their mouths a lot.
30% is like 100 million people. What was the largest number of people who turned up in DC for a demonstration? I think if 1/3rd the US population were ready to revolt, the government would have caught wind of it by now.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

You really shouldn't listen to this stuff.

Although it occurs to me that this kind of puts the lie to Obama's claim that 95%+ of Americans wanted new gun control.........

The other thing is the question...it had to be along the lines of "Is it possible that armed rebellion could be necessary in the next few years to defend the Bill of Rights"??

I'd answer YES to that, as would any thinking man.

That is why the second amendment exists.

It does not mean that 30% of the population are stockpiling explosives and barricade materials.

Well said.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

The revolution was already started by the US government. Various government agencies are reportedly armed to the teeth, rest areas have already been set up, security services are in place, drills are being run, the economic trigger is primed, the legislation is in place. I can't see any late civil rebellion thwarting carefully laid banking plans. However as has been the case more than once the overreach of greed sometimes causes problems. TPP might be one of those cases. The weather has to cooperate as well. It's a fair day here,the wind is cold though. Well if you can't shoot at least duck.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The revolution was already started by the US government. Various government agencies are reportedly armed to the teeth, rest areas have already been set up, security services are in place, drills are being run, the economic trigger is primed, the legislation is in place. I can't see any late civil rebellion thwarting carefully laid banking plans.

Sooooooo... the government will start a revolution against..... itself?

However as has been the case more than once the overreach of greed sometimes causes problems. TPP might be one of those cases. The weather has to cooperate as well. It's a fair day here,the wind is cold though. Well if you can't shoot at least duck.

Ooookaaaaaaay ::whistles::

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Could you elaborate on your crazy theory? You must have some evidence backing your idea
. Are you familiar with the recent history of rebellions or are you just another mad scientist who dosn't eat enough fish like your CO2 freak friends?

Sooooooo... the government will start a revolution against..... itself?
Ooookaaaaaaay ::whistles::

Certainly the US American government is crazy enough to try a self wounding rebellion but I doubt they will. No the target is you EA, they will start with your bank account. I'll put twenty bucks CDN on my idea if you're up for a wager. You might be surprised to find out that you haven't actually had an American government for quite some time. If things get bad you can emigrate to Israel, Americas best friend.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How are the ammo shortages coming along these days? Still being gobbled up by the case load because the world is fine and dandy?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
You are being too conservative. Lets bump those numbers up a bunch. In my community almost all of the Homeland Security units are a laughing stock and now both the CIA and FBI are working hard to join in that arena. BATF is closing on the pack fast too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Oh they've been taking my money for many years.

So I might as well have some of it then.

You are being too conservative. Lets bump those numbers up a bunch. In my community almost all of the Homeland Security units are a laughing stock and now both the CIA and FBI are working hard to join in that arena. BATF is closing on the pack fast too.

What is a Homeland Security unit?

If you can't buy ammo can you still get fishing hooks?