A generous, caring man.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
lol You're probably right. If GAWD was a Dem, Walter would find something to snivel about just because of the party.
And when I made my first reply, I was playing the straight-man role just to add my own type of trolling to Walter's trolling thread. :D
okay 'cause I almost put this beside my reply :spam2: but then thought better of it...lol... it would tarnish and tilt my :angel7::angel12:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
7000 a year in charitable donations, almost a third of it from thrift store hand-me-downs, seems light for the VP of the USA.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He gets close to 400k for being vp and his wife probably makes more and he claims to be a good Catholic who believes in abortion so 10% should be given to charity.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
There's a difference between donating cash to charities and donating goods. I think $2000 in goods is a lot, personally. I doubt we could scrounge up that much stuff we don't want and need here.
Besides, I think politicians in general are stingy (unless its with OPM). But I'm also thinking that pinpointing one politician and inferring that they are stingy is a bit pathetic. I have no doubt there are Reps who are just as stingy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
He gets close to 400k for being vp and his wife probably makes more and he claims to be a good Catholic who believes in abortion so 10% should be given to charity.

Where does it say that Catholics are supposed to give 10% to charity?

What percentage of your income do you give to charity, Walter?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Where does it say that Catholics are supposed to give 10% to charity?

What percentage of your income do you give to charity, Walter?

Catholics are 'supposed' to tithe 10% of their earnings to the church, a charitable donation by all standards. And here in Canada at least, that helps fund social services and all manner of charity work.

I'm Catholic, I do not tithe that much.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
According to Catholic Answers:

Although the Church teaches that offering some form of material support to the Church is obligatory for all Catholic adults who are able to do so, it doesn't specify what percent of one's income should be given. Remember, tithing was an Old Testament obligation that was incumbent on the Jews under the Law of Moses. Christians are dispensed from the obligation of tithing ten percent of their incomes, but not from the obligation to help the Church.

What is the Church's position on tithing? | Catholic Answers

Somebody's been lying to you, karrie.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's just one of those social things that gets passed down through time, not something anyone's 'told' me I should do.

OK. I'm not Catholic, I have no stake at all. I was just challenging Walter's assertion, or rather pointing out that Walterworld doesn't match the real world point for point.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am a catholic if the baptism of religion is true but that does not mean I give ten percent
to the church or to a specific charity. In addition Biden is a man who cares deeply about
people and always has he came from a working family and knows well the trial and
tribulations average people go through.
I think because someone gives some stuff to goodwill they should be neither vilified or
praised and who knows how much he gives to causes in total. Anyway its none of our
business. As for his wife what the h*ll does that have to do with it? We say people should
be doing this or that, but it does not how much one makes it is not incumbent on anyone
to give anything to charity. People should neither have to give nor be prevented from
giving. It is an individual matter.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A lot of us give stuff away that we don't use anymore to "Pass it On" or "good will" or Church Raffle.....or something....It could be a Kitchen Range or Fridge that is still working. Do you declare that on your income tax
In a few weeks my wife wants to buy a new washer and dryer (she has a yen for the front loader models with the dryer on top)
The ones we have are still working...
I will of course send the ones we have to Pass it On........will I declare it on my income tax???? Naaah

Knowing that his tax forms are public....Only Biden would think that his donations are a big deal and he probably inflated the value.....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A lot of us give stuff away that we don't use anymore to "Pass it On" or "good will" or Church Raffle.....or something....It could be a Kitchen Range or Fridge that is still working. Do you declare that on your income tax
In a few weeks my wife wants to buy a new washer and dryer (she has a yen for the front loader models with the dryer on top)
The ones we have are still working...
I will of course send the ones we have to Pass it On........will I declare it on my income tax???? Naaah

Knowing that his tax forms are public....Only Biden would think that his donations are a big deal and he probably inflated the value.....

I've never been offered a tax form or value on the stuff I've given away, I don't know if it works the same in Canada.

And did Biden think it was a big deal? Or was it just habit to grab the receipt. I get tax receipts for all sorts of stuff that I really don't think are 'big deals'. But the organizations generate a receipt, and I do my taxes, and still it all goes on there.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I thought Walter was being facetious ... :blob3:

Wally doesn't have the mental capacity to be facetious.

lol You're probably right. If GAWD was a Dem, Walter would find something to snivel about just because of the party.
And when I made my first reply, I was playing the straight-man role just to add my own type of trolling to Walter's trolling thread. :D

Yep, and that was good, L.G. Damn good. He didn't get it.

OK. I'm not Catholic, I have no stake at all. I was just challenging Walter's assertion, or rather pointing out that Walterworld doesn't match the real world point for point.

Even if at all.................