Gun Violence Is In Democratic Strongholds

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
From Zip

Forget Wal-Mart and skip your local gun show. The murderers of tomorrow will not be found wearing orange vests at your local sporting goods store. They won’t have NRA memberships or trophies on their walls. You won’t find them in America. Look for them in Obamerica.

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.

read on

Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
No, gun violence is not a Republican problem. It's a problem of everyone.
What a jackass statement to make.
Of course the gun violence is in areas with Democrats as reps. That's where people are being harmed by the gun violence. It only stands to reason that they would be voting for the party they think might actually help them with the problem. Yes it's a problem even though Republicans say it isn't.
This should be in the gun control thread with all the stupid crap there.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
300 million guns are NOT going to disappear.

NOTHING Obama does will stop inner city minorities shooting the hell out of each other.

The Americans need to stop pretending that limiting their freedom will make them safe.

A stable economy, good education, mentoring, and a giant step away from the culture of fatherless boys is what is necessary.

How??

I don't know.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

NOTHING Obama does will stop inner city minorities shooting the hell out of each other.

The Americans need to stop pretending that limiting their freedom will make them safe.

A stable economy, good education, mentoring, and a giant step away from the culture of fatherless boys is what is necessary.

How??

I don't know.

Indeed, but it is still not a Republican problem. The article is designed to deflect any blame from the Republican party. I think the gun part is superfluous. This is just a political shill article.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

How??

I don't know.
Absolutely because the problem is multi-layered and systemic.

I don't think at this juncture they are looking at gang violence, this is about main stream America.This is also not about Obama anymore. It would not matter who was in power they would be in a pressure cooker to do "something" or at least appear to do something. Even moderates in the NRA are saying that.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Of course the gun violence is in areas with Democrats as reps. That's where people are being harmed by the gun violence. It only stands to reason that they would be voting for the party they think might actually help them with the problem. Yes it's a problem even though Republicans say it isn't.

Amen!

How??

I don't know.

But more guns are not the answer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Glamourization of "thug life" goes against everything I believe in. There is nothing "cool" about a gun, they are to be respected but not demonized.

If you want somebody or thing to demonize go after the "yo-yo nigga nigga gangsta" crap pushed on them by white so-called entertainment industry execs.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Glamourization of "thug life" goes against everything I believe in. There is nothing "cool" about a gun, they are to be respected but not demonized.

If you want somebody or thing to demonize go after the "yo-yo nigga nigga gangsta" crap pushed on them by white so-called entertainment industry execs.
Yo yo! You be tellin' lak it is, Homey.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And except for Tennessee, Oklahoma and Arkansas (Clinton's home state:lol:).....they are all more safe than they were in '91...<from your link>8O

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
By contrast, many of those Southern states with high murder rates have low population density. Still, proportionately speaking, they have higher murder rates.

Let me guess... Atlanta, Houston, Miami, New Orleans...

Uh huh.

Jackass statement!?

These places have been lock solid Democrat for years. The inner cities didn't suddenly vote out the GOP so the Democrats could fix their problem with gun violence.

Locutus was right on... the worst schools, most violent crime, most squalor, most corruption are in inner cities and are under complete Democrat control and have been for MANY years.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
These places have been lock solid Democrat for years. The inner cities didn't suddenly vote out the GOP so the Democrats could fix their problem with gun violence.

Locutus was right on... the worst schools, most violent crime, most squalor, most corruption are in inner cities and are under complete Democrat control and have been for MANY years.
The drones won't believe you.