Gun Violence Is In Democratic Strongholds

Locutus
+1 / -1
From Zip

Forget Wal-Mart and skip your local gun show. The murderers of tomorrow will not be found wearing orange vests at your local sporting goods store. They won’t have NRA memberships or trophies on their walls. You won’t find them in America. Look for them in Obamerica.

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.

read on

Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It

eh1eh
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
No, gun violence is not a Republican problem. It's a problem of everyone.
What a jackass statement to make.
Of course the gun violence is in areas with Democrats as reps. That's where people are being harmed by the gun violence. It only stands to reason that they would be voting for the party they think might actually help them with the problem. Yes it's a problem even though Republicans say it isn't.
This should be in the gun control thread with all the stupid crap there.

Spade
Free Thinker
+2
In Republican districts they are too busy playing the banjo.

Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube

petros
+5
If the CIA ceased importing cocaine and A-Stan heroin, the majority of violence would cease overnight.

Colpy
Conservative
+5
300 million guns are NOT going to disappear.

NOTHING Obama does will stop inner city minorities shooting the hell out of each other.

The Americans need to stop pretending that limiting their freedom will make them safe.

A stable economy, good education, mentoring, and a giant step away from the culture of fatherless boys is what is necessary.

How??

I don't know.

eh1eh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

NOTHING Obama does will stop inner city minorities shooting the hell out of each other.

The Americans need to stop pretending that limiting their freedom will make them safe.

A stable economy, good education, mentoring, and a giant step away from the culture of fatherless boys is what is necessary.

How??

I don't know.

Indeed, but it is still not a Republican problem. The article is designed to deflect any blame from the Republican party. I think the gun part is superfluous. This is just a political shill article.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+2

How??

I don't know.

Absolutely because the problem is multi-layered and systemic.

I don't think at this juncture they are looking at gang violence, this is about main stream America.This is also not about Obama anymore. It would not matter who was in power they would be in a pressure cooker to do "something" or at least appear to do something. Even moderates in the NRA are saying that.

petros
+5

Perfect!

Any azzhole can be a dad but real men are fathers.

Spade
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Of course the gun violence is in areas with Democrats as reps. That's where people are being harmed by the gun violence. It only stands to reason that they would be voting for the party they think might actually help them with the problem. Yes it's a problem even though Republicans say it isn't.

Amen!

How??

I don't know.

But more guns are not the answer.

petros
+5 / -1
Glamourization of "thug life" goes against everything I believe in. There is nothing "cool" about a gun, they are to be respected but not demonized.

If you want somebody or thing to demonize go after the "yo-yo nigga nigga gangsta" crap pushed on them by white so-called entertainment industry execs.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Glamourization of "thug life" goes against everything I believe in. There is nothing "cool" about a gun, they are to be respected but not demonized.

If you want somebody or thing to demonize go after the "yo-yo nigga nigga gangsta" crap pushed on them by white so-called entertainment industry execs.

Yo yo! You be tellin' lak it is, Homey.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
We've gone thru this charade before --- it's the Red States with the highest murder rates:

10 Most Violent States In The U.S.: The Institute For Economics And Peace

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Stands to reason that the largest cities have the highest murder rates. They have THE HIGHEST POPULATION DENSITY.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Stands to reason that the largest cities have the highest murder rates. They have THE HIGHEST POPULATION DENSITY.

By contrast, many of those Southern states with high murder rates have low population density. Still, proportionately speaking, they have higher murder rates.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

We've gone thru this charade before --- it's the Red States with the highest murder rates:

10 Most Violent States In The U.S.: The Institute For Economics And Peace

What a piece of crap. Go by homicides alone and it's all blue in cities run by dems.

petros
Wally. I never knew you were a fan of Gangsta Rap?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

What a piece of crap. Go by homicides alone and it's all blue in cities run by dems.

Poor hate filled Wally - he just can't handle the truth.

DaSleeper
+1
And except for Tennessee, Oklahoma and Arkansas (Clinton's home state).....they are all more safe than they were in '91...<from your link>

EagleSmack
+1

By contrast, many of those Southern states with high murder rates have low population density. Still, proportionately speaking, they have higher murder rates.

Let me guess... Atlanta, Houston, Miami, New Orleans...

Uh huh.

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Jackass statement!?

These places have been lock solid Democrat for years. The inner cities didn't suddenly vote out the GOP so the Democrats could fix their problem with gun violence.

Locutus was right on... the worst schools, most violent crime, most squalor, most corruption are in inner cities and are under complete Democrat control and have been for MANY years.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

These places have been lock solid Democrat for years. The inner cities didn't suddenly vote out the GOP so the Democrats could fix their problem with gun violence.

Locutus was right on... the worst schools, most violent crime, most squalor, most corruption are in inner cities and are under complete Democrat control and have been for MANY years.

The drones won't believe you.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Red states typically get more $$$ from the Feds than do Blue states. Let's change the system: give more to the blue states so they can hire more police then let's see how the stats change.

EagleSmack

Red states typically get more $$$ from the Feds than do Blue states. Let's change the system: give more to the blue states so they can hire more police then let's see how the stats change.

Let's see... like more money to cities like Atlanta, Houston, Miami, New Orleans.

Let's see the government cut off funding to those places. I'm all for it.

Highball
If they do take the weapons the major cities will all essentially be disarmed. It may even be interpreted by some as being racist in nature. Think about that for a moment.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by HighballView Post

If they do take the weapons the major cities will all essentially be disarmed. It may even be interpreted by some as being racist in nature. Think about that for a moment.

Oh they aren't going after the criminals and their guns in the big cities. The libbies don't want to harm their base.

EagleSmack
Go Blue!

Stuck in Reverse, Detroit Edges Closer to Bankruptcy

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
You can go to the inner city Democrat strongholds and count the murders and shootings.
You can use a per ca-pita chart to demonstrate there is as much murder in Republican areas.
You can call each other out and blame each other till the cows come home.
You can claim all the guns should be taken away
You can claim the guns will be out there laws or no laws and likely everyone will be right.

The problem is gun violence is a problem for the society at large, not because guns are bad
but because mental health issues are not being dealt with in a meaningful way. Think about
it school shootings are really recent activities. Sure there has always been gun murders,
It is also true that gun murders have taken place in the worlds most peaceful places including
where guns are illegal.
Mental health is the single biggest problem, and that is also part of the social ills that afflict a
modern society. The world is changing too fast for some, there are those who feel estranged
from society and substance abuse issues, joblessness, and the list goes on.
But hey, we have cheap taxes and people have a right to sleep under bridges.
Until we as a people find solutions to the problem of mental illness people will act out their
fantasies and frustrations. and they will do so with guns that are legal or illegal. Again we
in North America are going to look out past the real issues and deal with the immediate symptoms
Yes automatic weapons, and large clip ammo packaging should be limited. Background checks
for mental issue gun permit applicants should be set up. That could best be done by gun clubs
on a piecework for payment basis and those computers linked. Governments don't need total
control of the agenda. There are all kinds of economical ways to check for criminals and those
with mental illness. The real problem of mental illness should be funded and a program to help
them would be far better in the long run. A crazy person can kill people in a thousand different
ways besides a gun. Do we want to feel better or do we want a safer society?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

You can go to the inner city Democrat strongholds and count the murders and shootings.
You can use a per ca-pita chart to demonstrate there is as much murder in Republican areas.

Oh can I see that chart?

DaSleeper
Eagle.....give him a break.....for someone who is on the left on most issues....admitting that violence , including gun violence is a society problem not a gun problem is something pretty monumental....
I'll accept his statement as a whole, even if I would disagree on some specific wording that maybe I am reading the wrong way

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Eagle.....give him a break.....for someone who is on the left on most issues....admitting that violence , including gun violence is a society problem not a gun problem is something pretty monumental....
I'll accept his statement as a whole, even if I would disagree on some specific wording that maybe I am reading the wrong way

I do not see it as a whole problem of society. The facts are there. The areas with the most violent crime, most squalor, worst schools, most corruption, etc. are controlled by the Democrats and have been for many years.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Let's see... like more money to cities like Atlanta, Houston, Miami, New Orleans.

Let's see the government cut off funding to those places. I'm all for it.

And I'm all for taking $$$ from Red states like Alaska and Texas. I bet you are, too.

Right?

{Ahem}