Satanists plan rally to support Florida Governor

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
That's refreshing; after all, prayer is prayer-forwards or backwards.

Interesting religion-makes-strange-bedfellows fact.
Vlad the Impaler (aka Vlad III Draculea) is a hero in Bulgaria for his defence of Christianity and local peasantry. Sort of like Florida...

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Satanists Plan Rally in Support of Florida Gov. Rick Scott - ABC News
The Satanic Temple is planning its first major rally, which will be held in support of Florida Gov. Rick Scott later this month for -- which might sound ironic -- signing a bill that allows for the possibility of prayer in public schools.
Ehh, take support where you can I guess!

Somehow I highly doubt Scott or his handlers had this type of support in mind. Nothing against Satanists per se, but I have a feeling that Scott is kind of an old time religion guy.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Good God, even Satan is becoming political. It use to be Satan would take anyone into
hell now he is recruiting his followers becoming political I am disappointed.
What the hell is this world coming to and no I don't have any cats used to be a lot round
the barn Coyotes took care of most of them.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
We have some of their sect elected to our state government. BUT... they are a segment of the community. Do I like it? No! But according to our Constitution I have to allow it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Satanists Plan Rally in Support of Florida Gov. Rick Scott - ABC News
The Satanic Temple is planning its first major rally, which will be held in support of Florida Gov. Rick Scott later this month for -- which might sound ironic -- signing a bill that allows for the possibility of prayer in public schools.
Ehh, take support where you can I guess!
lol I can't see anything inherently evil in Satanism. As far as I've been able to tell, it's about self-gratification as opposed to spirituality. So some hedonists want to support this Floridian. hehe Like you said, support is support. :D

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Derptastic OP story. :lol:

Anyway, read on:

MSNBC's Bashir Falls for Hoax, Reports Satanists to Rally for Rick Scott; Turns Out It's Part of Mockumentary

While the mainstream media has been transfixed with the Manti Te'o fake girlfriend story, it seems many outlets in the gullible liberal media were biting on another hoax, this one involving Florida Gov. Rick Scott and a band of Satanists supposedly set to stage a rally expressing their support for the Florida Republican.

Among the journalists taken in by the fake story was MSNBC's Martin Bashir, who could not wipe the devilish grin off his face as he reported what he thought to be a legitimate news story on his January 14 program, in a segment entitled "Dread Scott." [MP3 audio here; video embedded below]

more

MSNBC's Bashir Falls for Hoax, Reports Satanists to Rally for Rick Scott; Turns Out It's Part of Mockumentary | NewsBusters

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Derptastic OP story. :lol:

Anyway, read on:

MSNBC's Bashir Falls for Hoax, Reports Satanists to Rally for Rick Scott; Turns Out It's Part of Mockumentary

While the mainstream media has been transfixed with the Manti Te'o fake girlfriend story, it seems many outlets in the gullible liberal media were biting on another hoax, this one involving Florida Gov. Rick Scott and a band of Satanists supposedly set to stage a rally expressing their support for the Florida Republican.

Among the journalists taken in by the fake story was MSNBC's Martin Bashir, who could not wipe the devilish grin off his face as he reported what he thought to be a legitimate news story on his January 14 program, in a segment entitled "Dread Scott." [MP3 audio here; video embedded below]

more

MSNBC's Bashir Falls for Hoax, Reports Satanists to Rally for Rick Scott; Turns Out It's Part of Mockumentary | NewsBusters

Uh oh, someone got Spinal Tapped! 8O

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
That's okay, Christianity has enough devils to satisfy everyone. Not all of them in the spirit realm (aka The hell you say!)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
wow, well it got me... guess that just shows us that not much shocks us any more and almost anything is possible...maybe not probable but possible.