The Left has no Shame

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can't imagine giving such a man an award. Ran a country AND kept his family together through a difficult time. Stuck by his wife and kids despite his flaws. The nerve. Oh, and look at all this scum sucking bull he does......

After leaving the White House, President Clinton established the William J. Clinton Foundation with the mission to improve global health, strengthen economies, promote healthier childhoods, and protect the environment by fostering partnerships among governments, businesses, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and private citizens to turn good intentions into measurable results. Today the Foundation has staff and volunteers around the world working to improve lives through several initiatives, including the Clinton Health Access Initiative (formerly the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative), which is helping nearly 5 million people living with HIV/AIDS access lifesaving drugs. Since 2005, the Clinton Global Initiative has brought together global leaders to devise and implement innovative solutions to some of the world`s most pressing issues. In the U.S., the Foundation is working to combat the alarming rise in childhood obesity through the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and is helping individuals and families succeed and small businesses grow.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I can't imagine giving such a man an award. Ran a country AND kept his family together through a difficult time. Stuck by his wife and kids despite his flaws. The nerve. Oh, and look at all this scum sucking bull he does......

After leaving the White House, President Clinton established the William J. Clinton Foundation with the mission to improve global health, strengthen economies, promote healthier childhoods, and protect the environment by fostering partnerships among governments, businesses, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and private citizens to turn good intentions into measurable results. Today the Foundation has staff and volunteers around the world working to improve lives through several initiatives, including the Clinton Health Access Initiative (formerly the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative), which is helping nearly 5 million people living with HIV/AIDS access lifesaving drugs. Since 2005, the Clinton Global Initiative has brought together global leaders to devise and implement innovative solutions to some of the world`s most pressing issues. In the U.S., the Foundation is working to combat the alarming rise in childhood obesity through the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and is helping individuals and families succeed and small businesses grow.

Looking at the big picture is difficult for the idiologs.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You have to admit that there is a real irony in the award.... The events don't make Clinton a bad man, but there are likely more suitable candidates that would represent the ideal more appropriately

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Someone's in love.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
A great person to emulate. I wonder what Monica, Paula, Kathleen, Gennifer and the others think of Willy being an example for all fathers.

President Bill Clinton to Be Honored as 2013 Father of the Year | Reuters

Walter,

The man did more for the country in 8 years than any president since Truman. He has also done all the things Karrie mentions and more all while supporting his wife in her public career and keeping his daughter out of the line-of-fire from the press.

When it comes down to it he was impeached for lying about a sexual affair, something that is done by millions of Americans every day including Congressmen, Senators and past presidents (we all know the stories of Jefferson) whereas G W Bush lied to us about many matters of national security including his prior knowledge of a planned attack by OBL and Iraq having WMD's which led the US into 2 illegal wars. Bush should have been tried as a war criminal for giving the order to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians but gets a pass while Willy gets vilified for a blow-job. Time for the Right-wing to get their priorities straight.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You have to admit that there is a real irony in the award.... The events don't make Clinton a bad man, but there are likely more suitable candidates that would represent the ideal more appropriately

If you read the article, like most 'awards', this is in fact a fundraiser. The idea is to have a recipient that suits the award AND can sell the plates at the award dinner. I doubt there is anyone with the kind of stroke he has.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Walter,

The man did more for the country in 8 years than any president since Truman. He has also done all the things Karrie mentions and more all while supporting his wife in her public career and keeping his daughter out of the line-of-fire from the press.

When it comes down to it he was impeached for lying about a sexual affair, something that is done by millions of Americans every day including Congressmen, Senators and past presidents (we all know the stories of Jefferson) whereas G W Bush lied to us about many matters of national security including his prior knowledge of a planned attack by OBL and Iraq having WMD's which led the US into 2 illegal wars. Bush should have been tried as a war criminal for giving the order to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians but gets a pass while Willy gets vilified for a blow-job. Time for the Right-wing to get their priorities straight.

How about rape??

I guess that is acceptable as long as the economy is good, and you are someone important.

How about blatantly lying under oath??

I guess that is acceptable as long as the economy is good, and you are someone important.

How about stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of furniture from the white House??

How about declassifying military technology in return for campaign money from Chinese interests???

So where does the tolerance end??

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
whereas G W Bush lied to us about many matters of national security including his prior knowledge of a planned attack by OBL and Iraq having WMD's which led the US into 2 illegal wars. Bush should have been tried as a war criminal for giving the order to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians but gets a pass while Willy gets vilified for a blow-job. Time for the Right-wing to get their priorities straight.

The Left.... lol. Just make it up as you go. It must be awesome.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If you read the article, like most 'awards', this is in fact a fundraiser. The idea is to have a recipient that suits the award AND can sell the plates at the award dinner. I doubt there is anyone with the kind of stroke he has.

I get it, truly I do... I believe that the public at large understands that this is more an exercise in marketing moreso than choosing the best possible candidate to represent their 'values'. I also believe that the public remembers Clinton for many reasons, including the Lewinsky situation. The end result is that skepticism will exist BUT the foundation believes that the positive influences on revenues will dwarf the negative elements. The knee-jerk responses here on CC should act as reasonable evidence of the reaction of the general public.

Much like the political (and marketing) choice behind delivering a Nobel Prize to Al gore, there are also risks associated with the strategy of selection of candidates for marketing purposes. Who knows what the result will be (if any), but they are certainly assuming a risk.

That said, the US culture has a myriad of individuals they can select from that includes politicians, sports figures (olympic athletes comes to mind), individuals in media lime-light, etc...

The Left.... lol. Just make it up as you go. It must be awesome.

It makes remembering history really easy.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ran a country AND kept his family together through a difficult time. Stuck by his wife and kids despite his flaws. The nerve. Oh, and look at all this scum sucking bull he does......

lol

Not only is quite possible, it's more than probable that it was Hillary that kept her family together. The tolerance and/or forgiveness came from her, not the hillbilly getting bj's in the Oval Office.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
How about rape??
When was he charged with rape?
How about blatantly lying under oath??
That is done by cops & lawyers & witnesses & accused every day in every court. If you want to prosecute everyone who lies under oath you will have to wall in half the continental USA as a jail.
How about stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of furniture from the white House??
Not the first president to walk away with stuff from the whitehouse used in their personal redecorating when they became president. You want to fix this, stop letting every president spend a couple of million redecorating.
How about declassifying military technology in return for campaign money from Chinese interests???
Not the first president to take back-door money or do bad things to help get elected. In fact they all do nefarious things on their way to the whitehouse....it is quite ordinary.
So where does the tolerance end??
It ends with sending troops to be kill civilians and be killed over lies and deceit for the profits of your buddies in the oil industry....or whatever industry. When hundreds of thousands are dead and maimed over your lies the tolerance ends!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol

Not only is quite possible, it's more than probable that it was Hillary that kept her family together. The tolerance and/or forgiveness came from her, not the hillbilly getting bj's in the Oval Office.

It doesn't work from one direction. One person can't hold a marriage together. Most people in his position would have slinked off in the face of the hard work required to hold their marriage together.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It ends with sending troops to be kill civilians and be killed over lies and deceit for the profits of your buddies in the oil industry....or whatever industry. When hundreds of thousands are dead and maimed over your lies the tolerance ends!

Gotcha...

Yugoslavia...

Hey maybe they can give Bill the Nobel Peace Prize