Get 'em while they're young

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Lessons In Government School Indoctrination

This really has to be seen to be believed … so the picture is here for you to see. This is a page out of a workbook for your government school student. What school and what schoolbook I can’t tell you … maybe the lady who sent this to me will step forward and let us know.

This is how our government schools – and the liberals who run them – effectively brainwash (though indoctrinate is a much more polite word) our children into accepting the liberal philosophy as basic truth. This particular worksheet is meant to help your government student “understand the distributive property.” Now I’m not a dreary slouch at math … but this is the first time in my life I’ve ever heard of the distributive property. I strongly suspect that pretty much any student can move through school to a very successful life as a productive adult without ever having heard those words. Really … look at this Bolshoi. “6 groups of (3+5) = 6 groups of 3 + 6 groups of 5” I challenge any government school teacher to call the show today and tell me why this is important. What’s important is that the student be able to figure out what 3+5 equals 8 and that 6x8 = 48.

That, as you have guessed if you’ve looked at the picture, isn’t the real problem here. The problem is HOW this government school document teaches the lesson. The headline at the top of the document reads “Distribute the Wealth.” And there you have the picture of the pretty little girl with the cute little pony tail. She’s holding a bag of money in one hand, and giving away some of that money with the other. Yes! She’s distributing her wealth! But if you study the picture you’ll see there’s an even more subtle message. She’s not handing money away from her wallet or her purse. No! That wouldn’t get the real message across! Why pretty much every little girl has a wallet or a purse. No .. this little sweetheart has a BAG of money! Not every little girl has BAGS of money … so this girl must be really RICH! And since she’s rich her money needs to be redistributed! So she’s being a good little rich girl and she’s smiling as she hands her money away.

more

Lessons In Government School Indoctrination | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lessons In Government School Indoctrination

This really has to be seen to be believed … so the picture is here for you to see. This is a page out of a workbook for your government school student. What school and what schoolbook I can’t tell you … maybe the lady who sent this to me will step forward and let us know.

This is how our government schools – and the liberals who run them – effectively brainwash (though indoctrinate is a much more polite word) our children into accepting the liberal philosophy as basic truth. This particular worksheet is meant to help your government student “understand the distributive property.” Now I’m not a dreary slouch at math … but this is the first time in my life I’ve ever heard of the distributive property. I strongly suspect that pretty much any student can move through school to a very successful life as a productive adult without ever having heard those words. Really … look at this Bolshoi. “6 groups of (3+5) = 6 groups of 3 + 6 groups of 5” I challenge any government school teacher to call the show today and tell me why this is important. What’s important is that the student be able to figure out what 3+5 equals 8 and that 6x8 = 48.

That, as you have guessed if you’ve looked at the picture, isn’t the real problem here. The problem is HOW this government school document teaches the lesson. The headline at the top of the document reads “Distribute the Wealth.” And there you have the picture of the pretty little girl with the cute little pony tail. She’s holding a bag of money in one hand, and giving away some of that money with the other. Yes! She’s distributing her wealth! But if you study the picture you’ll see there’s an even more subtle message. She’s not handing money away from her wallet or her purse. No! That wouldn’t get the real message across! Why pretty much every little girl has a wallet or a purse. No .. this little sweetheart has a BAG of money! Not every little girl has BAGS of money … so this girl must be really RICH! And since she’s rich her money needs to be redistributed! So she’s being a good little rich girl and she’s smiling as she hands her money away.

more

Lessons In Government School Indoctrination | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

You just ain whistlin' Dixie- times tables worked perfect when I was in school! Far too much bullsh*t in the education system today. Got all this fancy smancy sh*t but don't teach the kids to spell!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
scary stuff. And by scary stuff, I mean his fear mongering. Now don't get me wrong... I'd probably rip on the teacher for that content, based on the fact that the distributive property has nothing to do with distributing wealth as far as I can see. And trust me, we've ripped on the school district and education minister for content in the past (and had it changed). But, to imply that the government run school is feeding your kid propoganda any moreso than your own content would be feeding kids propoganda, is ridiculous. What's also ridiculous, is to assert that the schools are writing the books... such is not the case. School materials are written by third party companies, and subject to free market forces. They reflect what society at large is willing to pay for, what it won't find objectionable, as well as what the school boards are willing to pay for. It's a complicated interplay that by no means is merely a 'leftist' issue (if it were, evolution would be taught in all schools across the US without question, and creationism and/or intelligent design never would). It is a district issue, subject to the pressure of the tax payers whose children are in said schools.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You guys obviously never did any advanced math. The distributive principle is used in algebra and calculus many times as well as in engineering. I don't like the reference to wealth as a demonstration but the principle is valid and should be taught.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You guys obviously never did any advanced math. The distributive principle is used in algebra and calculus many times as well as in engineering. I don't like the reference to wealth as a demonstration but the principle is valid and should be taught.

Oh, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, logarithms, calculus...........what did I miss? Actually everything is a function of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. I sometimes help my grand daughters with their math. It's not the math that's the problem today, it's the way they have of expressing things..............it's a lot of bullsh*t!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Oh, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, logarithms, calculus...........what did I miss? Actually everything is a function of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. I sometimes help my grand daughters with their math. It's not the math that's the problem today, it's the way they have of expressing things..............it's a lot of bullsh*t!
Do yo remember when the first portable LED calculator came out? The first one I bought could only do simple add, substact, divide and multiply.
The first week I had it I kept back checking it with pencil and paper.....after that I began to trust it for calculations in the lab at work:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do yo remember when the first portable LED calculator came out? The first one I bought could only do simple add, substact, divide and multiply.
The first week I had it I kept back checking it with pencil and paper.....after that I began to trust it for calculations in the lab at work:lol:

Back in the '60s the most advanced calculator was the Facit, mechanical you cranked it by hand and you could advance it from thousands hundreds, tens, units etc. In the early 70s electronic calculators made the scene.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
OMG guys seriously? Because it's a bag with a cash sign on it you think it's subtle attempt at indoctrination with an agenda attached to it.

If only it were that easy to indoctrinate them with anything.

You guys should go back and spend some time in the school system today to see the little darlings in action. You might be quite horrified.

With the constant classroom interruptions by parents throughout the day, dropping them off late, dropping stuff off that they forgot, collecting them for appointments, along with dealing with children who come to school hungry, emotionally traumatized because of their home life, schoolyard antics (what parents perceive to be as bullying and expect it dealt with tout de suite) and each and every issue has to be dealt with by the teacher.

There are regulations from on high regarding learning styles and how things should be taught, and how you can and can not discipline them, how much curriculum you must motor through, how they are tested. That is just a tiny part of a day within a school and that doesn't even include all the stuff about inclusion and each child's rights And each parent thinks their child is the only one in that room.

Soooooooo if that is meant to indoctrinate... good freaking luck.

And NOW, some people who like to carry guns and know lots about guns, but little about the school system think they are experts in security and think that teachers should be armed as well.

Sheer lunacy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
OMG guys seriously? Because it's a bag with a cash sign on it you think it's subtle attempt at indoctrination with an agenda attached to it.

If only it were that easy to indoctrinate them with anything.

You guys should go back and spend some time in the school system today to see the little darlings in action. You might be quite horrified.

With the constant classroom interruptions by parents throughout the day, dropping them off late, dropping stuff off that they forgot, collecting them for appointments, along with dealing with children who come to school hungry, emotionally traumatized because of their home life, schoolyard antics (what parents perceive to be as bullying and expect it dealt with tout de suite) and each and every issue has to be dealt with by the teacher.

There are regulations from on high regarding learning styles and how things should be taught, and how you can and can not discipline them, how much curriculum you must motor through, how they are tested. That is just a tiny part of a day within a school and that doesn't even include all the stuff about inclusion and each child's rights And each parent thinks their child is the only one in that room.

Soooooooo if that is meant to indoctrinate... good freaking luck.

And NOW, some people who like to carry guns and know lots about guns, but little about the school system think they are experts in security and think that teachers should be armed as well.

Sheer lunacy.

yep, much simplier when I went to school, we did what the teacher said without question or you regretted not doing it and lived in mortal fear our parents would find out. I'll bet when I was in school not one teacher got told to "F... off" in 12 years.-:)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The worst part of today's school system is the lack of failing grades. I mean really! WTF are they trying to do? When these kids hit the real world and screw up at work & get fired for failing they are gonna be so traumatized from never having the experience before they will be PTSD and depression and claiming disability.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The worst part of today's school system is the lack of failing grades. I mean really! WTF are they trying to do? When these kids hit the real world and screw up at work & get fired for failing they are gonna be so traumatized from never having the experience before they will be PTSD and depression and claiming disability.

We can't be hurting little Johnny's feelings, so he feels badly about himself. You save failure for when they are grown up and can handle going to jail or getting shot or going bankrupt.-:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Have to say I was right there with you on that sentiment until I started working in the system. It's a whole different world now. If they are already failing, holding them back won't motivate them to pass or help them to pass, it will just label them intellectually as slow and they will just act out and cause problems in the classroom for the others.

They won't catch up because they likely can't and teachers hands are tied with the discipline thing. And they have all kinds of legal ramifications placed on them for the child's safety etc. Some kid comes to school bruised and says the wrong thing about how it happened and you had best get your behind into the office and contact Children and Family Services because if they IS a legit problem and you haven't reported it, your a s s is grass. On the other hand kids say bizarre things and then oops parents can be livid because you reported it.

And there are so many more of these children now than when I went to school. WOW, I bet there are 5 or 6 per room easily. AND even kids who are so developmentally challenged that they will likely never hold a job, are all in the classroom now. They put in Educational Assistants to help these kids but there is only so much money for that and they are the first cut.

So can you imagine trying to teach a classroom of 20 kids usually a split grade thanks to the libs and their 20 cap and you have so many social problems, and behavioral issues and then kids who are functioning at very low levels and they have to teach these kids arithmetic and reading and writing etc, etc. etc. Nightmare. I honestly don't know how any learning gets done.

yep, much simplier when I went to school, we did what the teacher said without question or you regretted not doing it and lived in mortal fear our parents would find out. I'll bet when I was in school not one teacher got told to "F... off" in 12 years.-:)
LOL you are so right there. I had nuns and you didn't look sideways at them or they would haul off and smash you, quite literally. In the older grades they would wing chalk at kids or grab them by the shirt front and pull them up until their toes were barely hitting the ground. pfffffffffffffffft...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassault... hehe

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
If the group didn't like distributive, they'd absolutely quivver with rage at commutative, closure, and other field properties.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The distributive property in elementary grades can be used for mental math.
Example. Hey, Locutus, what's 27 times 12? No pencils, please! And no calculator...
Momentary pause...
Sally says, without flinching, 324.
How'd she do that?
27 x 12 = 27 x (10 + 2)
= 27x10 + 27x2
= 270 + 54
= 324