BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer’s Deposits

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
OUTRAGE! BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer’s Deposits “We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet” Update: ASA’s Owner Confirms

My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms and I wanted to share my recent experience with Bank of America .(which we have been doing business with for over 10 years)…. Everyone is familiar with the latest increase in guns sales , dealers selling out of inventory , Manufacturers back logged for months , large revenue all generated in the last two weeks …. American Spirit Arms is no exception to the overwhelming demand . What we have experienced is that our web site orders have jumped 500 % causing our web site E commerce processing larger Deposits to BANK OF AMERICA ..Well, this through up a huge RED Flag with Bank of America . So they decided to hold the deposits for further review , meaning that the orders/payments that were coming in through the web ,( being paid by the customer and that were shipped out by American Spirit Arms ),the BANK was keeping (UNDER REVIEW )..as you could imagine this made me furious…
After countless hours on the phone with BANK OF AMERICA I finally got a Manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for FURTHER REVIEW …
HER EXACT WORDS WERE …
..” WE BELIEVE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET
…I flipped the F**k Out and told them that they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs..that we are a firearms Manufacturer with all the proper licensing FFL (Federal Firearm license ), SOT and that we follow all Federal and All
States’ rules and regulations on shipping Firearms and parts ..and that we are also Audited by ATF and Homeland
Security on a regular basis … She said that she understands that but that the deposits will be released After they have a
Chance to review and clear them …I told her that This was unacceptable and the those deposits (that were a week old by now ) needed to be released ASAP, that we are a small business and rely on the revenue to run and stay operational.
After that being said another Manager got involved and released one of the deposits (to help out )… So far to date after
Two weeks of sales only 1/3 of collected internet sales have been released ..I am still pissed and looking for another
Bank and options
I just thought the public should know ..
I will keep everyone posted on new developments ..
Sincerely
Joseph P Sirochman
OUTRAGE! BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer’s Deposits “We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet” Update: ASA’s Owner Confirms | Ironic Surrealism

Bank of America seems to have gotten the idea that having control of your money allows them to have control over your life. That is an attitude that cannot be tolerated in a free society. You should seriously think about closing your BofA accounts and cutting up your BofA credit cards right there in the local branch.
Michael Rivero.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Hey, it's the golden rule thing; whoever has the gold makes the rules. The dumb shyte should have just told BoA it's fired and gone to another bank for business and then see what the Treasury Dept. (or whoever oversees the banks) said about the issue..

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
It looks like the big banks are still running the US. They got a slap on the hands for Mortgage Fraud and none of the one million plus who lost their h9omes during this event will ever see anything but pennies on the dollar and the banks all get to write the fine (settlement & sealed too) amounts and increase their incomes tremendously. B of A does what they want, when they want and to hell with the Prosecutorial attempts.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
? Trying to make an end run around the "right to bear arms" thing ?

Shur looks like a CON-SPEAR-AS-EEE to me.

Grab your AK 103's, American brothers and sisters, and take to the streets !!

Or your .31 specials . Or big .22 shorts.

Or your ****s...............richards???.........dorks??........di cks?? . Di cks works.

:roll:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Any corporation has the right to do or not do business with anyone they choose, so long as they do not violate laws to deter discrimination. If this action is mandated by their board of directors, then that is their prerogative and it is not unlawful, just as it is not unlawful for them to forbid firearms on their premises. Just like I can forbid anyone that is not a law enforcement official from bringing a firearm onto my property. Publicly traded corporations are still privately owned and subject to semi-arbitrary rules set forth by their ownership. BoA is within their rights and it doesn't matter what the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution or these individuals say.