Where's Hillary?

Locutus
On December 15, the day after the day after the shooting at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, State Department officials notified the press that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had fallen ill. "While suffering from a stomach virus, Secretary Clinton became dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion," deputy assistant secretary Philippe Reines said in a statement to the press.

Since then, Clinton does not appear to have been sighted in public.

On December 19, Clinton missed the State Department holiday party. “I was going to congratulate her on her record-breaking travel,” President Obama said, noting her absence. “These are not frequent-flyer miles,” he joked. “She is tireless and extraordinary.”

On the same day as her office announced her illness, they also put out word that Clinton would be missing the Benghazi hearing scheduled for December 20 on Capitol Hill. Indeed, she did miss that hearing, and another one has not yet been scheduled.

And on December 21, Clinton missed President Obama's announcement that John Kerry would be nominated as the next secretary of state. "Hillary wanted very much to be here today, but she continues to recuperate. I had a chance to talk to her earlier today, and she is in good spirits and could not be more excited about the announcement that I’m making," Obama said at that event, again noting Clinton's absence.

Clinton's last trip, to the Czech Republic, Belgium, Ireland, and Northern Ireland, returned December 7.

In her absence, she's still been putting out an occasional statement under her own name--but none related to her health. On December 21, she released a written message for Japan National Day and a statement on Kerry's nomination to replace her. A few days before that, on December 17, she released a statement on the death of Senator Daniel Inouye.

So, what's Hillary Clinton's status? Her situation is serious enough to sideline her for two weeks, but we still don't know what's going on. How serious is it? Does it prevent her carrying out the secretary of state duties?

Clinton has long-planned to step down as secretary of state "days" after Inauguration Day. The question is, will we even see her before then?

Where's Hillary? | The Weekly Standard

B00Mer
Libertarian
+2
Hillary has been replaced with John Kerry -- NO??

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Hillary has been replaced with John Kerry -- NO??

Not yet and he has to be confirmed -approved by the Senate prior to that.

B00Mer
Libertarian
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Not yet and he has to be confirmed -approved by the Senate prior to that.

Oh well, I have been working steady 77 hrs a week.. not time for much else.. eat, sleep & work.. Christmas rush.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Maybe she has to follow NFL rules for concussions and not be returned to the active roster until she passes a series of medical tests. 2 weeks is not a huge time to recoup from a serious concussion.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Actually she is not well have you not heard the news? Hillary would not be afraid to face
her critics or a hearing she is fiery enough and she will testify. As for Kerry I like him he
has a social conscience, he is not a mad dog of the left or right and he is Irish
Good a reason as any to like him.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Hillary would not be afraid to face her critics or a hearing she is fiery enough and she will testify.

I'm a little curious relative to exactly how you would know this

talloola
No Party Affiliation
+1
Hilliary isn't afraid to face 'anyone' about 'anything'.

She is obviously resting and trying to gain her health back. She will be back when the time comes.

I'm sure her doctor has laid down the law to her, she was very ill, her body told her so, and now
she needs to rest.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Exactly how do you know this?

Did Clinton's Dr contact you with the directives he gave to her?

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
There was a report on this before Christmas she suffered a head injury and concussion.
The news said she would testify in January. Enough said, I don't believe everything is a
conspiracy. Will Hillary be hiding something? No I don't think so.

talloola
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Exactly how do you know this?

Did Clinton's Dr contact you with the directives he gave to her?

nope. just common sense and adding 2 plus 2 from previous reports.

Highball
Where does any trooper go when the air is ringing with the noises of incoming fire? Her hideout of course. Be still , be quiet and hopefully be forgotten. In three more weeks it is someone else's problem.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by HighballView Post

Where does any trooper go when the air is ringing with the noises of incoming fire? Her hideout of course. Be still , be quiet and hopefully be forgotten. In three more weeks it is someone else's problem.

I predict that she will enjoy a full recovery in that time... Why, it will almost be like she was never ill at all once she is absolved from testifying

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
CNN has given more than one report stating she will be testifying in January
What more do we need? Besides her testimony will reveal little or nothing at
best. Of course the administration is not going to give much in the way of
details anymore than say Nixon did. That is politics. If she testifies she will
be running in the next Presidential race if not she won't my bet is she will.
Another great conspiracy theory in the making here I am sure.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
I heard Hillary is keeping house for Elvis and Liberace in Neville, SK.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
I found Hillary in the pic Ron... She's the one falling down and getting a concussion on her way to the hearing.

petros
+3
#18  Top Rated Post
Cocaine induced stroke?

Getting something done about her jowls?

Or maybe retro fitted with alien parts?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I heard Hillary is keeping house for Elvis and Liberace in Neville, SK.

Can't be! Elvis is alive & well & lives in Minneapolis!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Can't be! Elvis is alive & well & lives in Minneapolis!

Wasn't aware he moved. Who's he livin with now?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Waaaaaatt???? He's been living here ever since he retired from the touring scene.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
Nope. My mum-in-law stalked him for a while. She has pics.

gopher
No Party Affiliation

Minneapolis ~ Home of Elvis!

Retired_Can_Soldier
HERE SHE IS!

tay
During a recent trip to Europe, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton contracted a stomach virus, and two weeks ago, her ailments left her dehydrated. It reached the point at which Clinton fainted, struck her head, and suffered a minor concussion.

Except, many on the right refused to believe it. For Fox News and many other Republicans, Clinton was pulling a Ferris Bueller -- pretending to have health trouble in order to avoid testifying on Capitol Hill about the September attack in Benghazi.

As Josh Rogin reports, Clinton is returning to work, and in the process, knocking down yet another silly GOP conspiracy theory.

Clinton has pledged to appear before both House and Senate foreign relations committees in January.

Clinton's ongoing recovery will still prevent her from flying abroad, but will allow plans to move forward for her to testify in open hearing on the Sept. 11 attack on Benghazi, testimony that she was unable to give -- as per her doctor's orders -- on Dec. 20. Her return to a public schedule could also end the weeks of conspiracy theorizing and wild speculation about whether or not she was faking or misrepresenting her illness to avoid testifying.

"The secretary continues to recuperate at home. She had long planned to take this holiday week off, so she had no work schedule. She looks forward to getting back to the office next week and resuming her schedule," Clinton aide Philippe Reines told The Cable.

more

An abrupt end to another GOP conspiracy theory - The Maddow Blog

Locutus
Derp

Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

For Fox News ...

Published December 15, 2012
FoxNews.com

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fainted and hit her head, resulting in a concussion, the State Department said Saturday.

The agency also said Clinton is recovering at home but did not say when the incident occurred. She purportedly fainted at State Department headquarters in Washington.

Philippe Reines, the deputy assistant secretary of state, said Clinton was suffering from a stomach virus, became dehydrated and fainted.

He also said she will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors who have recommended she work from home next week.

“She is looking forward to being back in the office soon," Reines said.

Clinton has said she will leave her post in January and wants to rest following a grueling work schedule.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/15/hillary-clinton-faints-falls-suffers-concussion-official-cites-stomach-virus/#ixzz2F99EGlE0

Hillary Clinton faints, falls, suffers concussion; official cites stomach virus