Where's Hillary?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
On December 15, the day after the day after the shooting at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, State Department officials notified the press that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had fallen ill. "While suffering from a stomach virus, Secretary Clinton became dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion," deputy assistant secretary Philippe Reines said in a statement to the press.

Since then, Clinton does not appear to have been sighted in public.

On December 19, Clinton missed the State Department holiday party. “I was going to congratulate her on her record-breaking travel,” President Obama said, noting her absence. “These are not frequent-flyer miles,” he joked. “She is tireless and extraordinary.”

On the same day as her office announced her illness, they also put out word that Clinton would be missing the Benghazi hearing scheduled for December 20 on Capitol Hill. Indeed, she did miss that hearing, and another one has not yet been scheduled.

And on December 21, Clinton missed President Obama's announcement that John Kerry would be nominated as the next secretary of state. "Hillary wanted very much to be here today, but she continues to recuperate. I had a chance to talk to her earlier today, and she is in good spirits and could not be more excited about the announcement that I’m making," Obama said at that event, again noting Clinton's absence.

Clinton's last trip, to the Czech Republic, Belgium, Ireland, and Northern Ireland, returned December 7.

In her absence, she's still been putting out an occasional statement under her own name--but none related to her health. On December 21, she released a written message for Japan National Day and a statement on Kerry's nomination to replace her. A few days before that, on December 17, she released a statement on the death of Senator Daniel Inouye.

So, what's Hillary Clinton's status? Her situation is serious enough to sideline her for two weeks, but we still don't know what's going on. How serious is it? Does it prevent her carrying out the secretary of state duties?

Clinton has long-planned to step down as secretary of state "days" after Inauguration Day. The question is, will we even see her before then?

Where's Hillary? | The Weekly Standard

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Hillary has been replaced with John Kerry -- NO??

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe she has to follow NFL rules for concussions and not be returned to the active roster until she passes a series of medical tests. 2 weeks is not a huge time to recoup from a serious concussion.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually she is not well have you not heard the news? Hillary would not be afraid to face
her critics or a hearing she is fiery enough and she will testify. As for Kerry I like him he
has a social conscience, he is not a mad dog of the left or right and he is Irish
Good a reason as any to like him.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hilliary isn't afraid to face 'anyone' about 'anything'.

She is obviously resting and trying to gain her health back. She will be back when the time comes.

I'm sure her doctor has laid down the law to her, she was very ill, her body told her so, and now
she needs to rest.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There was a report on this before Christmas she suffered a head injury and concussion.
The news said she would testify in January. Enough said, I don't believe everything is a
conspiracy. Will Hillary be hiding something? No I don't think so.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Where does any trooper go when the air is ringing with the noises of incoming fire? Her hideout of course. Be still , be quiet and hopefully be forgotten. In three more weeks it is someone else's problem.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Where does any trooper go when the air is ringing with the noises of incoming fire? Her hideout of course. Be still , be quiet and hopefully be forgotten. In three more weeks it is someone else's problem.

I predict that she will enjoy a full recovery in that time... Why, it will almost be like she was never ill at all once she is absolved from testifying

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
CNN has given more than one report stating she will be testifying in January
What more do we need? Besides her testimony will reveal little or nothing at
best. Of course the administration is not going to give much in the way of
details anymore than say Nixon did. That is politics. If she testifies she will
be running in the next Presidential race if not she won't my bet is she will.
Another great conspiracy theory in the making here I am sure.