Susan Rice drops out of running for secretary of state

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Zip:

BREAKING: Susan Rice Withdrawing Her Name From Consideration For Secretary Of State – Update: MSNBC Hack Andrea Mitchell First To Play The Race Card: Will Hurt GOP Because They “Forced A Woman Of Color Out”…

MSNBC blames “racist” Republicans in 3… 2… 1.

Embattled U.N. envoy Susan Rice is dropping out of the running to be the next secretary of state after months of criticism over her Benghazi comments.

“Today, I made the decision that it was the best thing for our country, for the American people that I not continue to be considered by the president for nomination of secretary of state,” Rice told NBC’s Brian Williams.

“I didn’t want to see a confirmation process that was very prolonged, very politicized, very distracting and very disruptive because there are so many things we need to get done as a country and the first several months of a second term president’s agenda is really the opportunity to get the crucial things done.”

more

EXCLUSIVE: Susan Rice drops out of running for secretary of state; cites 'very disruptive' confirmation process - Rock Center with Brian Williams

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Susan Rice wouldn't have been the first female Secretary of State. Hell, she wouldn't
have even been the first female Secretary of State with the surname of Rice. She
wouldn't have been the first woman of color Secretary of State with the surname
of Rice. Am I missing something?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Why not? She will be nominated soon for some backwater Foreign Service position. Maybe the Seychelles? Or Vanuatu?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
As always, the Dimmycrats are too feeble to put up a fight. John Bolton was as big a political shìtforbrains as there is and the Democrats did nothing to stop him from getting the job. But once Republicans put up a stink, the Dimmos crawl under a rock like a bunch of pansies.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is not racism but it is another part of the obstructionist Republican agenda.
Before that when these issues came up it was the obstructionist Democratic
agenda.
The sad fact is they can't agree on anything while someone is about to push the
flush button and the whole country goes down the toilet just like ancient Rome did.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I wonder when she'll quit the charade of being the UN Ambassador too? Oh, the Mansion on Long Island? Prestige I guess! We need an effective well informed UN Ambassador or better yet, withdraw from the UN and quit paying every nation's bills on their delinquencies too so we can feed starving Americans.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Susan Rice wouldn't have been the first female Secretary of State. Hell, she wouldn't
have even been the first female Secretary of State with the surname of Rice. She
wouldn't have been the first woman of color Secretary of State with the surname
of Rice. Am I missing something?

Nope, not at all. The tards at MSNBC know their base are bigger tards than they are so they pull the race cards whenever possible.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Perhaps the reason she dropped out is because she is unqualified for the job.

Is this not the same women who said that some of 911 Terrorists on came in through Canada?

Or was that another well informed Democrat?