Iran fires at U.S. drone

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Iranian Fighter Jets Attempt To Shoot Down U.S. Drone In International Airspace . . . On November 1st…

We’re just learning about this now?

Via CNN:
Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.

Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

Two U.S. officials explained the jets were part of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps force, which has been more confrontational than regular Iranian military forces.

The Obama administration did not disclose the incident, which occurred just days before the presidential election on November 1, but three senior officials confirmed the details to CNN.

The officials declined to be identified because of sensitive intelligence matters surrounding the matter.

The drone’s still and video cameras captured the incident showing two SU-25s approaching the Predator and firing its onboard guns.

The Iranian pilots continued to fire shots that went beneath the Predator but were never successful in hitting it, according to the officials.

U.S. military intelligence a n a l ysts are still not sure if the Iranian pilots simply were unable to hit the drone due to lack of combat skill, or whether they deliberately were missing and had no intention of bringing down the drone. But as one of the officials said, “it doesn’t matter, they fired on us.”

Keep reading…

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
...and he came down from the mountain and said let their be peace..

Then he droned the crap out of Iran..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh my! The Iranians are tired of being spied on and the US is incensed that they were challenged for spying. Must be nice to be the center of the Universe.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hey, I plan on shooting one down the first chance I get.

Oops...I missed the duck! Collateral damage. Wrong place wrong time. al Qaeda did it!

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Iran has hacked into the computer network which is the Command and Control of some of these Drones and landed them safely on their military airfields. They are also building heir own drones too. Israel shot one down two weeks ago in their air space and have recovered some parts.