Real conservative needed

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Over 3,000,000 Republicans stayed home on Tuesday. I'm sure they were sick of yet another RINO (Republican In Name Only) being nominated. That made 5 in a row; Bush 1, Dole, Bush 2, McCain and Romney. Mitt is a nice, smart guy but he is not conservative (see Mass. health care). Hopefully a real conservative, a la Ronald Reagan, will be nominated in '16.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I agree. I sincerely hope that the Republican party runs a candidate even farther right of Romney. That race was too close for comfort.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Over 3,000,000 Republicans stayed home on Tuesday. I'm sure they were sick of yet another RINO (Republican In Name Only) being nominated. That made 5 in a row; Bush 1, Dole, Bush 2, McCain and Romney. Mitt is a nice, smart guy but he is not conservative (see Mass. health care). Hopefully a real conservative, a la Ronald Reagan, will be nominated in '16.
You want the Rand worshippers back intsead of the Keynesians?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How many votes did they lose because of the Teaparty- The refusal to open up on immigration-
Same sex marriage- The Latinos- women-
This should have been a cakewalk and until the repubs disown the tea party for one they will lose.
And as to tax increases - California had a proposal that passed.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Most GOP'ers are doing the 'wah happened' to our extremists and elrushbo, hannity, beck and Walter refuse to accept what even the GOP pundits have conceded and are trying to figure out is how to get all warm and fuzzy with the brown people, women and gays without affecting their core values

Good luck figuring that one out...............

Christian taliban snubbed

Team Rape/Misogyny Loses Big, Entirely Deservedly | Common Dreams

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

YOU MAD WALTER??

O.K. Election is over, please get over it.. enough with the rationalizing and harping on what's done.. it's done.. life goes on.. maybe he will surprise people, both Republican and Democrat.. if not, then you can sit back and laugh your butt off at the folks that did vote for Obama when they start whining.

The guy is not stupid, after all he is The President, and respect should be given.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

In my dreams, people who refuse to exercise their right to vote are sent overseas to countries where people are fighting to their dieing breath so they can cast a vote - free from harm, peril or retaliation. Anyone from a democratic country who refuses to vote needs a hands-on refresher course in what their fore-fathers endured and sacrificed in order to provide them with that right.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Mass healthcare is a mandate to buy insurance. That is conservative, it's using the market to correct formative properties of US healthcare, such as the burden on tax payers when the uninsured get sick... The core principles of Romney and Obama's healthcare reforms come from Republican responses to Clinton's healthcare reform proposals. It mandates insurance, and relies primarily on employer provided, commercially administered insurance, which covers the fee-for-service delivery of healthcare. It's not libertarian, it's not pure free market Kool-Aid, but it's definitely conservative. To claim it's not is just an exercise in moving goal posts.

It's funny to see the post-hoc explanations for why Romney failed from someone who was claiming it would be a landslide of 400 electoral college votes for the "RINO."

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
What Walter dosen't want to hear is that CONservatives and their message has been refuted and that includes resistors like Levin

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

"We are the alternative. We will resist. We're not going to surrender to this. We will not be passive, we will not be compliant in our demise. We're not good losers, you better believe we're sore losers! A good loser is a loser forever. Now I hear we're called 'purists.' Conservatives are called purists. The very people who keep nominating moderates, now call us purists the way the left calls us purists. Yeah, things like liberty, and property rights, individual sovereignty, and the Constitution, and capitalism. We're purists now. And we have to hear this crap from conservatives, or pseudo-conservatives, Republicans."

Compliant or not, dead is dead.

You know, I can almost picture the spittle hitting the screen as the vitriolic words spread across the page.