Republican wars vs. Democrat wars of the last 100 years?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Who is worse?

Republican wars (Gulf War, War on Terror)
4,976 (as of August, 2010)

Democrat wars (WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam)

Let's reiterate once more:
Democrats killed 636,438 Americans
Republicans killed 4,976 Americans

That makes Democrats 128x bigger warmongers than Republicans.
So the next time a lying lib calls you a warmonger, you can hit them with some REAL facts!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Who is worse?

So the next time a lying lib calls you a warmonger, you can hit them with some REAL facts!

There were few facts in that post Boomer. Much too oversimplified...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Wall Street Republicans and Marx:

Wall Street Republicans and Bolsheviks:

WALL STREET AND THE BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION

Wall Street Republicans and Hitler:

WALL STREET AND THE RISE OF HITLER, by Antony C. Sutton

And, of course, the writer of these great truths was CONSERVATIVE Anthony Sutton.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Who is worse?

Hmmm....Wison did all he could to stay out of WW1 until this....
In January 1917, Germany resumed unrestricted submarine warfare, realizing it would mean American entry. The German Foreign Minister, in the Zimmermann Telegram, invited Mexico to join the war as Germany's ally against the United States. In return, the Germans would finance Mexico's war and help it recover the territories of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.[101] Wilson released the Zimmerman note to the public, and Americans saw it as casus belli—a cause for war. Wilson called on antiwar elements to end all wars, by winning this one and eliminating militarism from the globe. He argued that the war was so important that the U.S. had to have a voice in the peace conference.[102]

After the sinking of seven U.S. merchant ships by submarines and the publication of the Zimmerman telegram, Wilson called for war on Germany,[103] which the U.S. Congress declared on 6 April 1917
World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm sure the republicans would have crucified him for not entering.

And of course Roosevelt tried to stay out of WW2 until Dec 7/41...can you imagine the republican outcry if he hadn't entered after pearl.

These were global wars and neither was started by the US and in fact democratic presidents tried to avoid entering both to the dismay of republican detractors.

Korea and Vietnam were both products of the cold war and a 40 year bipartisan imperialistic policy. Truman was definitely an antagonist in Korea. Now the first US involvement in Vietnam was under Eisenhower (a republican). That is not to say Kennedy didn't play his part but the first Americans there were sent by Ike. Both of these were 'proxy wars' that pitted American democracy against Chinese/Russian communism and the battles simply took place in SE Asia.

Comparing these events, especially the world wars, to the illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq is so misleading. Afghanistan was a complete waste of time as Al Queda had plenty of warning and left for the mountains of Pakistan long before the US got close so the result was basically a bunch of dead innocent Afghanis. Iraq was a big farce, a war of revenge by Bush 2 based upon outright lies & deception that were known to be lies by the administration. It really should be considered a war crime perpetrated by Bush and Cheney.

So please feel free to support wars that are useless & criminal while calling the dems warmongers for WW1 &WW2.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who is worse?

These figures are amazing, I guess each soldier who killed was a card carry member with enough cards to be able to drop one on every body. F**king hilarious. :lol:

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
One more idiot that has never seen a day of combat, but feels qualified to pontificate on what war is and who is responsible. Stupidity knows no bounds!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Franklin D. Roosevelt was a Democrat.. unless you are tossing him under the bus.. saying he was actually a Republican in sheeps clothing.. lol

W.W.2 was happening over two years before Frank got into the picture!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Who is worse?

By this logic, Dems got rid of Hitler. All repubs got rid of was Sadam who isn't even close to the same league.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The problem isn't war, so much as unjust illegal wars. The number of dead doesn't determine whether a war was just or an act of unprovoked aggression.

Vietnam and Iraq were unprovoked wars of aggression. The people responsible should have faced war crime charges.

WWI and WWII were not started by the US, but effectively they were ended by the US. So I give the US credit for ending those two wars, not starting them.

The Vietnam war escalated as a result of a lie:
30-year Anniversary: Tonkin Gulf Lie Launched Vietnam War

The 2003 Iraq war started as a result of a series of lies regarding Iraq's WMD capabilities and intentions as well as Iraq's involvement in the events of 9/11.

WWII also started as a result of lies and manipulations just like Iraq. But in that case it was German leaders who lied to and manipulated their people.

If a political leaders lies and misleads their country into an unprovoked war, then the people have an obligation to hold that leader responsible for the consequences of their lies and manipulations. I am disappointed that the American people have still not held the people responsible for the Iraq war accountable for their actions.

Also while I have written on many occasions that George Bush Jr. is a war criminal for lying about Iraq's WMDs and links to 9/11, I also believe that its possible that he maybe a victim. His advisers may have used misinformation to manipulate Bush into starting a war. However as CiC, he is ultimately responsible for every single person who died as a consequence of that war, (Iraqi, American...)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
. I am disappointed that the American people have still not held the people responsible for the Iraq war accountable for their actions.

Also while I have written on many occasions that George Bush Jr. is a war criminal for lying about Iraq's WMDs and links to 9/11, I also believe that its possible that he maybe a victim. His advisers may have used misinformation to manipulate Bush into starting a war. However as CiC, he is ultimately responsible for every single person who died as a consequence of that war, (Iraqi, American...)

That might be a little hypocritical don't you think. Remembering back Bush had the full blessing of most of the people for the first month of war, up until just after the incident where Saddam's statue was knocked over. After that things started going sour and all the supporters disappeared like a magician's rabbit. How soon we forget!

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I judge people by their actions, not their religion or nationality.

As far as I know, ES and most Bush supporters do not demand accountability for the hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children who died as a result of your country's hostile unprovoked war crimes. Supporter of Bush's acts of terrorism are not that different than supporters of OBL's acts of terrorism.

That might be a little hypocritical don't you think. Remembering back Bush had the full blessing of most of the people for the first month of war, up until just after the incident where Saddam's statue was knocked over. After that things started going sour and all the supporters disappeared like a magician's rabbit. How soon we forget!

Speak for yourself. I knew before the war that Iraq was not a credible WMD threat. Everyone who read the UNMOVIC reports knew that our leaders and MSM were lying.

Read these truths about Iraq in this March 7, 2003 UNMOVIC report:
Security Council 7 March 2003

Read these lies Bush told about Iraq just 11 days later when he declared war:
Full text: Bush's speech | World news | guardian.co.uk

If you got your information from the MSM, you probably only knew the reported lies, not the omitted truths.

Americans who now know they were manipulated into supporting Bush's terrorist attack against the Iraqi people have an obligation to demand accountability for these crimes. If Americans can't hold their war criminals responsible for the consequences of their actions, then they should not be surprised when family and friends of the innocent dead act against innocent Americans out of a (misplaced?) sense of justice and revenge.

If Americans want to make America safe, they should demand truth and justice first. Bush Jr. is still a free man.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Speak for yourself. I knew before the war that Iraq was not a credible WMD threat. Everyone who read the UNMOVIC reports knew that our leaders and MSM were lying.

Read these truths about Iraq in this March 7, 2003 UNMOVIC report:
Security Council 7 March 2003

Read these lies Bush told about Iraq just 11 days later when he declared war:
Full text: Bush's speech | World news | guardian.co.uk

If you got your information from the MSM, you probably only knew the reported lies, not the omitted truths.

Americans who now know they were manipulated into supporting Bush's terrorist attack against the Iraqi people have an obligation to demand accountability for these crimes. If Americans can't hold their war criminals responsible for the consequences of their actions, then they should not be surprised when family and friends of the innocent dead act against innocent Americans out of a (misplaced?) sense of justice and revenge.

If Americans want to make America safe, they should demand truth and justice first. Bush Jr. is still a free man.

I wasn't talking about what YOU knew, I was talking about the mood generally during the first few weeks of the war. I'm sure it's on record.