The optics of politics

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Seeing campaigns through a multicultural kaleidoscope

(CNN) – The images – on TV, YouTube, our social networks – have become so familiar that we take them for granted.

We're treated to scenes of Barack Obama with a group of middle Americans at a cozy restaurant table, then with an African-American

woman in an office. Or we see clips from a rally, the president surrounded by faces of all ages and hues.

more mental masturbation and massaging by backroom image-spinsters, networks and lyin' bastards:

The optics of politics: Seeing campaigns through a multicultural kaleidoscope – In America - CNN.com Blogs

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

It's all about the spin right? You got the right spin you've got the voters in your pocket.

Me, I don't trust any of them, lol. I can't believe that there are actually people who believe in the people they are voting for. Seems a very alien concept to me.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Sure it can. It starts with people justifying, then they move on to complete acceptance, finally they end up in a place where they don't even question the validity anymore. Hence, it has become the truth.

Not saying it's right, but it is what happens. We can convince ourselves of almost anything to be able to sleep at night.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm just funnin' ya... But in the end, the 'acceptance' of the 'lie' does not transform the misinformation into truth.

But the acceptance of it makes it a reality, therefore the truth. Not the truth truth, not the factual truth, but the everyday truth. It ceases to be a lie and becomes the truth.

I think. Crap, politics is hard. ;)

True story!

Lies!!! lol.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
But the acceptance of it makes it a reality, therefore the truth. Not the truth truth, not the factual truth, but the everyday truth. It ceases to be a lie and becomes the truth.

I think. Crap, politics is hard. ;)

Lies!!! lol.

That first sentence is purely political.