The Phoney GM Narrative

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda:

On the private message boards of DennisMillerRadio.com SDA regular

Gord Tulk

added a post that Miller was so impressed with, he read it on-air. Here's the post, republished with permission:

Posted by: Chris from GA at Oct 13, 12:17 PM I was listening to some radio today (Saturday) and in a top-of-hour news brief it was reported that in his weekly radio address, Obama crowed about the success of the US auto industry thanks to his "rescue" of GM, and how GM is going to open a new research center employing 1500 people.

1500 people? Really? That's the number of jobs that need to be created EVERY 8 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK, just to keep up with population growth.

The "saved GM" meme is such BS (pardon the acronym). GM hasn't been saved. Rather, it has been bodysnatched by the radical left and union lobby in the Democratic Party and turned into an anti-Corporate zombie company.

First they ripped off the bondholders to pay off the pension liability - breaking fundamental corporate rules to do so.

more:

small dead animals: The Phoney GM Narrative

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
GM's plant in Shanghai now builds 70% of the total world distribution of GM's product line. The only two GM cars now built in the US are the Corvette and the Volt (what a piece of crap this is!). All the GM truck 4500 and 550 series truck cabs are built in Indonesia. An American icon? Hardly!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That's a complete lie.

I wouldn't know about "complete"......but my new Chevrolet car supposedly comes with two different sizes of motor....
When I opened up the hood and looked at the tag, where over the phone the salesman had told me it was..
It gave me the size and also Made in China

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It is simple. The North American unions and all the various bodies that have taxing authority have priced themselves out of what North American consumers can afford.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
GM's plant in Shanghai now builds 70% of the total world distribution of GM's product line. The only two GM cars now built in the US are the Corvette and the Volt (what a piece of crap this is!). All the GM truck 4500 and 550 series truck cabs are built in Indonesia. An American icon? Hardly!
Got a link?