Romney trounced in debate

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I just watched Romney get outmatched by Obama in the debate. Obama seemed to be very confident in
his answers, and very quick to take apart Romney's errors. I didn't watch the first debate, but this one was
absolutely won by Obama.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I thought they were both good. Obama may have had a few more gotcha moments. I thought the Libya thing backfired on Romney.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought they were both good. Obama may have had a few more gotcha moments. I thought the Libya thing backfired on Romney.

You are right there. It was almost as if Obama studied up on the Benghazi thing. When he listed all the things a president should do
and that he did do, Romney sort of pulled his ears in a bit.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The next and last debate will be on foreign policy, which favors Obama. However, the debates have shown that Romney is Presidential and the actual content here on in won't mean much. In the end the election will go down to the wire and will make for good TV on November 6.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My only beef with the American elections is that the damned things are on for a whole year. The year might have been
justified in the days of Patrick Henry but there is no reason why the elections couldn't be held in a couple months.
Communications are no longer handled by Pony Express. A president and his administration can plan, initiate, start,
and finish a war in the time it now takes to hold an election, Nonsense!!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You are right there. It was almost as if Obama studied up on the Benghazi thing. When he listed all the things a president should do
and that he did do, Romney sort of pulled his ears in a bit.

Obama sure got his back up when Romney reminded him of his decision to go campaigning in Nevada and Colorado within one day of the event.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
We'll all get a chance to see in just few weeks won't we? The real winner will get the needed Electoral College votes.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
My only beef with the American elections is that the damned things are on for a whole year.

Longer than that. They were talking about the primaries a year and a half ago. As soon as this election is over they'll be speculating about the next one.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The race for 2016 has already started. Hillary is stepping down so she can run.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
These are temporary popularity contests at best. Lasting effect is fleeting.

The biggest problem I see is moderation bias. One is too timid, the next is a bama fan and the third, who knows. This time the prez got 10 minutes more, hand selected questions from the moderator (with an immigration question asked by a latino of course because we don't care about color) and they get to dance around nose to nose on stage. I'm waiting for one of 'em to drop an expletive man.

The final battle should be that both should be kept in a soundproof booth and when your time expires, so does your mic and the little 60 watt overhead bulb. Keep babbling all you want in your closet but we won't hear or see you until it's time for your next question.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
My only beef with the American elections is that the damned things are on for a whole year. The year might have been
justified in the days of Patrick Henry but there is no reason why the elections couldn't be held in a couple months.
Communications are no longer handled by Pony Express. A president and his administration can plan, initiate, start,
and finish a war in the time it now takes to hold an election, Nonsense!!!

Absolutely. The entire US election system is incredibly cumbersome and so money driven that the democratic process has been completely distorted. Don't expect any change though, the current system works far too well for corprorate America which favours a system in which any successful candidate is completely beholden to those who supply the cash.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Small potatoes! I doubt very much if the decision was made the day he went!

Obama got his back up on this because he knows that his actions in going on the campaign trail at that time rather than doing the right thing and looking into the event is being critically examined by the voters.

He placed his reelection aspirations far ahead of the value of the lives of the diplomats that were killed

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obama got his back up on this because he knows that his actions in going on the campaign trail at that time rather than doing the right thing and looking into the event is being critically examined by the voters.

He placed his reelection aspirations far ahead of the value of the lives of the diplomats that were killed

I'm of two minds about this. As my old Dad used to say (he took my Mum to the movies the day his dad died) you can't do anything for the dead but you might make life a little more enjoyable for the living.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Where are all those that stated Romney would hand Obama his head.
Obama nailed Romney on the issues I mentioned- and more.
And Romney was stressed - Guess he thought it would be a cake walk.
Any doubts that Obama can go head to head with Romney. Please let me know.

CM as to the diplomats - A President has to campaign- He can and did address the issue.

If a President hunkered down every time Americans are killed he would never leave the WH.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In the history books of wool-over-sheeple-eye-removal this might, just might, go down as one of the most obvious and over-the-top Machiavellian media manuevers ever.

Watching it unfold on live TV it did not seem right. It was awkwardly and comfortably scripted, and too smooth in execution. But watching it on replay the agenda filled manipulation was obvious. It appears Candy Crowley and CNN together with the Obama Administration scripted the Libyan injection into the Presidential Debate.

I’m not just talking about Candy Crowley interjecting on behalf of President Obama, and interrupting Mitt Romney, I mean the whole segment was a set up. So we did a little research:

Candy Crowley told Erin Burnett on CNN’s show Out Front, Monday Night 10/15, that she had collected the questions from the invited and vetted debate audience at Hofstra University and was reviewing them. This was Monday on the 7pm broadcast of Erin Burnett.

When the question on Libya was asked by audience member Kerry Ladka, he prefaced the question by saying:
….this question actually comes from my, err, um, a brain trust of my friends at Global Telecom Supply in Mineola yesterday, we were sitting around talking about Libya…
If Candy Crowley already had the audience questions assembled the day before, how could Kerry Ladka and his brain trust friends have been writing one?

Secondly, look at the origin and subject switch from Candy Crowley. When she said “we are changing topics to a question from Kerry… from Kerry Ladka“, Obama already knew what to look for and where he was seated. There are numerous “TELLS“ Watch the video – it is at 1:06:35 Watch.

Watch the Full Town Hall Debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney - YouTube

President Obama moved (physically walked) directly to Kerry Ladka, and said “Hi Kerry“,… (but oddly Kerry had not moved, nor identified himself) …. then, rut roh,…. after an internal psyche trigger kicked in, President Obama ((‘oops’)) looks around as if to say where am I going… then asks “what’s your name“?

Continue reading →

more

CNN and The Obama Administration – Weapons of Misdirection | The Last Refuge

Just sad and obvious. :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Where are all those that stated Romney would hand Obama his head.
Obama nailed Romney on the issues I mentioned- and more.
And Romney was stressed - Guess he thought it would be a cake walk.
Any doubts that Obama can go head to head with Romney. Please let me know.

CM as to the diplomats - A President has to campaign- He can and did address the issue.

If a President hunkered down every time Americans are killed he would never leave the WH.

I think they are lying low! :lol: