Another 9/11 Is “Virtually Impossible”…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Zip:

Feeling safe yet?

Via Euronews:
Euronews:
There was almost a culture of rivalry between certain security agencies at the time of 9/11. That has been eradicated – you’re confident… Would you say you’re confident that 9/11 couldn’t happen again for those reasons?

Napolitano:
I’m very confident about that. I think the events that led to 9/11 with the current procedures and practices that we have in place now – not just within DHS (Department of Homeland Security) but with the FBI and others.
It would be virtually impossible to have a replication of 9/11. That’s not to say we couldn’t have another style or another type of attack, which is what I mean when I say we can’t ever rest and say we’re finished. Once we say that, our adversaries will find some other means of attack.
HT: JJ via Breitbart

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/15/big-sis-another-911-is-virtually-impossible/

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
When it comes to planes being hijacked and flown into buildings - I'd buy it. Security is a hell of a lot better. A little common sense at airport security could have prevented the whole thing.

When it comes to another major terrorist attack - I'm not buying it. They'll figure something out if they have enough willpower and money. I imagine they won't be a threat over here for awhile though. Not on a 9/11 scale.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Since no other skill gets sharpened like terrorism does there is little or no hope that terrorist activities will not escalate in the west and continue to do so untill the terrorists are hauled out from behind their desks in the western capitals and hung on the front lawns of their various once upon a time maybe honorable houses. Terror is a product of power, the most powerful are the most terrible. I believe existing laws can certainly be exercised, where the will and good work ethics prevail, to rid the nations of banking scum and their underling wannabes.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Terrorist is a subjective noun. It is used in the West in only half of its meaning - the "other guys". We don't consider the murder and mayhem perpetrated by our governments as terrorism like the "other guys" do.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Terrorist is a subjective noun. It is used in the West in only half of its meaning - the "other guys". We don't consider the murder and mayhem perpetrated by our governments as terrorism like the "other guys" do.

Indeed. I find its misuse or rather over-use to be annoying. Not all of our enemies are "terrorists." Before 9/11 that word was rarely used against our enemies. Sure there were "terror bombings" or "terror attacks" but they werent all called "terrorists." Terrorism is a tactic, not a political or military movement. As such any side, group or country can and does do it on some level.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I guess everyone will need to wait another decade or two to find out. 11 years and counting so far. If someone hasn't begun to feel safe yet then they might have a long wait to feel that way.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I guess everyone will need to wait another decade or two to find out. 11 years and counting so far. If someone hasn't begun to feel safe yet then they might have a long wait to feel that way.

Check airport workers and security- then you do that tell me if you feel safe.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As long as bureaucracies and minimum wage security are involved nothing is secure. You only have to pay off or insert one person and the whole smoke and mirrors security falls apart.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Are you afraid of the flu? Are you afraid of cancer? Are you afraid of unemployment? How about bad meat? What about criminals? Drugs? We're all naturally afraid of a certain Iranian invasion aren't we? And then there's global warming and the demon C02. Dear God look at the size of those carbon bootprints grinding the villagers to dust! Three squares of fear a day from now till the wars over.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm seeing a deep dark hole that tax monies are being poured into without any accountability and it is called the Homeland Security Agency.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm seeing a deep dark hole that tax monies are being poured into without any accountability and it is called the Homeland Security Agency.
Are you suggesting Obama dismantle the Bush created agency?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I find statements like these to be much like the statements about the Titanic about how the ship was unsinkable. Almost daring terrorists (or the gods of the sea in the Titanic case) to prove you wrong.