Obama Is A Lazy Lightweight

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Any serious and objective person who actually watched last Wednesday's presidential debate will concur with Levan'ts observations on what the debate revealed about the 44th president. I would not change a jot or a tittle of Levant's assessment.

A lazy lightweight: Obama’s debate performance revealed one bored president

By Ezra Levant ,QMI Agency
First posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 08:00 PM EDT

Now we know why Barack Obama uses a teleprompter everywhere, even taking it once to a photo-op in an elementary school.
Now we know why he hasn’t had a press conference in months, preferring to go on entertainment shows like The View (he told his fawning interviewers he is “eye candy”) and David Letterman’s show (first question: How much do you weigh?).
We know because of the shock of last week’s presidential debate with Mitt Romney. The 60 million Americans who watched that debate had been told a hundred times that Obama was the smartest president since Jefferson, the greatest orator since Churchill. And they had been told that Mitt Romney was a heartless gazillionaire.
What they saw was the opposite, for 90 excruciating minutes. When Obama didn’t have a cue card or a teleprompter, when he couldn’t simply skip questions he didn’t like, or talk out the clock, he was a disaster.
The 90 minutes was summed up in a plaintive appeal, a whine, really, from Obama, mid-debate, to the moderator, Jim Lehrer.
“You may want to move on to the next topic,” he pleaded. But this was one time the media could not save him.
The topic Obama wanted to move on from was the economy. It hasn’t been a strength of his presidency. Forty-seven million Americans are on food stamps, unemployment has been around 8% for more than three years (much higher, when you include unemployed workers who have simply giving up looking for jobs). Banks continue to fail, debt has reached
$16 trillion, including more than $1 trillion held by China. Obama might have wanted to move on to the next topic, but Americans were riveted.
It wasn’t just his lack of command of the facts, or of a plan to deal with it. It was the revelation — through his tone, his body language, his stammering — that he actually didn’t even care too much about it. It didn’t interest him. “I think there’s a laziness in me,” Obama once told Barbara Walters.
That’s not true actually. Obama isn’t lazy. He’s just lazy about presidential duties. He’s an avid golfer, having done so 104 times since taking office. He has set a record for fundraising dinners. And as a fawning biography last month in The New York Times — headlined “The Competitor in Chief” shows — he spends hours training for amateur sports. According to the Times, he’s diligent at playing pool, cooking chili, playing cards, bowling, basketball and even doodling.
The Times wrote this as praise — that Obama wants to be the best at so many things. But for anyone not in Obama’s thrall, it was a terrifying look at how unfocused Obama is on the serious work of being president.
It’s simply too boring for him. He’s never been an executive before — never run a business, a town, anything really, other than running his mouth. But being president is hard.
It’s not just economics that Obama ignores. Foreign policy is a disaster, too. But Obama has skipped more than 50% of his daily national security briefings. Including the morning after the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was ransacked and the U.S. ambassador there was murdered. Perhaps he had been staying up too late the night before — the afternoon of the attack, instead of heading to the White House situation room, he flew to Las Vegas for a fundraiser.
The debates revealed Obama as a lightweight. But they also revealed that for four years, the mainstream media has covered up that fact.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Speaking of lazy lightweights, what is a "Levan'ts"?

Leva nots?

Good old Ezra who has gone off the deep end - Man Teddy is reaching to the deep end of idiocy. And I cannot bother to read an article anymore by Ezra. As I mentioned - Off the deep end quite some time ago.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What Levant wrote isn't untrue.... Says something interesting about Obama

Before the debate Romney and his campaign manager were being slammed left (pun intended) and right for not being out in the public eye- for taking time to prepare for the debate- I am sure you are aware of those articles – the criticism was intense to say the least.
Now he is saying that Obama cannot debate without a prompter- to busy with golf –
Tying together him not being at the situation room instead he was at a fundraiser. Did the situation require him to be there- maybe yes – maybe no- after all he has at his hands all the info needed. Experts as well.
I put this column in the garbage bin. A typical Ezra attack column. The man has been going off the deep end for some time. Appears that he is continuing down that road.
Lastly – The column looks like a patch work of other columns written after or shortly after the debate. Not inferring plagiarism – just that nothing new – nothing but an attack column. Nothing new about that and Ezra either

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Before the debate Romney and his campaign manager were being slammed left (pun intended) and right for not being out in the public eye- for taking time to prepare for the debate- I am sure you are aware of those articles – the criticism was intense to say the least.

This article isn't about Romney, he made his decisions and will be rewarded (or punished) as the case may be... Obama too, made his decisions and he will be subject to the same influences/results as Romney.

In this case, it does appear that Romney's decision to prepare for the debate was highly rewarding for him.

Now he is saying that Obama cannot debate without a prompter

Like it or not - that does appear to be the case

- to busy with golf – Tying together him not being at the situation room instead he was at a fundraiser. Did the situation require him to be there- maybe yes – maybe no- after all he has at his hands all the info needed.

The President's first - and by far the most important - priority is to the nation... His reelection campaign should have never taken precedence over the business of the nation

I put this column in the garbage bin. A typical Ezra attack column. The man has been going off the deep end for some time. Appears that he is continuing down that road.
Lastly – The column looks like a patch work of other columns written after or shortly after the debate. Not inferring plagiarism – just that nothing new – nothing but an attack column. Nothing new about that and Ezra either

Again, what Levant submitted isn't untrue

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This article isn't about Romney, he made his decisions and will be rewarded (or punished) as the case may be... Obama too, made his decisions and he will be subject to the same influences/results as Romney.

In this case, it does appear that Romney's decision to prepare for the debate was highly rewarding for him.

Like it or not - that does appear to be the case

The President's first - and by far the most important - priority is to the nation... His reelection campaign should have never taken precedence over the business of the nation

Again, what Levant submitted isn't untrue

Most of what he writes is opinion- mixed with facts suchs as golf - training for sports etc- but mostly opinion- It can be stupid - ill informed - biased - racist - ignorant - so how can an opinion be untrue -even from Ezra.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now he is saying that Obama cannot debate without a prompter- to busy with golf –
Tying together him not being at the situation room instead he was at a fundraiser. Did the situation require him to be there- maybe yes – maybe no- after all he has at his hands all the info needed. Experts as well.

There is a good chance that Obama's "faux pas" last week is part of his strategy. :smile:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Some of us can go after either one. Bad decisions are just that - bad decisions- such as not having enough security for Embassies- Consulates - i stated heads should roll.
Too often we see this side is right and the others well are plain dumb- The others say the same thing about the others side as well.

Me I like to keep the BS at bay. And most of what Ezra wrote was opinion - and attack - Nothing really new in the article either.

Foreign Policy - Well we have seen Romney - we have what he wants to do - his FP is having a huge Military so we can threaten, coerce or bomb them.
Just like Bush the Lesser. We all went down that road. Did not do well.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
The Obama defense team is alive and well at Can Con...

- You wouldn't believe how blindly and moronically partisan and blinkered the loony left is here in the frozen north.

- Despite being not just a disasterous president for the US and a totally ineffective leader for the West but also a particuarly destructive president in terms of Canadian economic interests, the gullible left wingers here just love this Obamination more than he was revered by Americans in 2008 when they knew nothing about him and he was the political equivalent of a Rorsach Test in that you could read into him anything you wanted.

- For example, an online poll by the left wing government broadcaster the CBC done shortyl after last week's presidential debate revealed gthat 74% of the morons who listen to CBC thought Obama WON (I'm not making this up) the debate while about 18% thought Romney triumphed.

- To give you an idea of how ridiculous an opinion this was, a more scientific sampling of US public opinion done the day after the debate found that 72% of Americans thought Romney won the debate against only 21% for Obama (the biggest margin in presidential debate history) and that even among DEMOCRATS 49% thought Romney won and just 39% gave the debate to Obama.

- This forum does indeed tilt heavily toward Obama against all facts, reason and objective evidence and ****ysis of his qualifications for the job and his record in the job, especially compared with the truly outstanding and varied and triumphant career of Romney.

- The "defenses" offered up for Obama here by the loony left are truly hilarious such as some moron seizing on my typing mistake where I got two letters in reverse order in a word or JLM saying that Obama lost the debate on purpose as a strategic move or the same JLM saying he trusts Obama and finds him honest and expressing confidence in BO's economic performance while also admitting that he doesn't even have a job himself and really knows about as much about politics and politicians as Joe Biden knows about splitting the atom.

- So Da Sleeper, yes the standard Canadian response here to their hero Obama and their villian Romney is a source of deep embarrassment to me and other Canadians who can read without benefit of their fingers and their lips and who are actually informed about the two presidential candidates.

- But I try to ignore them and usually do and I would point out to you that Canada is gradually coming to its collective senses concerning left wing governments up here and eventually will also figure out that the stench of BO and Chicago style politics is not the way to go.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
TeddyBallgame said:
such as some moron seizing on my typing mistake where I got two letters in reverse order in a word

I don't run around claiming to be a professional writer. One would think that someone who claims to be a professional writer would be capable of writing.

However, you are only capable of posting long-winded, poorly written diatribes that confirm that you don't like Obama. Lots of people don't like Obama, you just have to keep posting long winded crap saying so. Over, and over, and over.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The Obama defense team is alive and well at Can Con...

No doubt... Just read the reason (below) for his seemingly deliberate loss in the debate

There is a good chance that Obama's "faux pas" last week is part of his strategy. :smile:

I get it now... It's brilliant strategy really.

President Obama is going for the sympathy vote... I can imagine it now, 75% of the electorate thinking to themselves: "Gee, that was awfully mean for Romney to pick-on that mentally handicapped fellow so cruelly. I think that I'll vote for the poor wee lamb to boost his spirits a bit"

Some of us can go after either one. Bad decisions are just that - bad decisions- such as not having enough security for Embassies- Consulates - i stated heads should roll.

If it's true that Obama couldn't be bothered to attend the White House meetings upon hearing the news in order to head to Sin City for campaign donations; I think that you ought to re-examine whose head it should be on the block

Me I like to keep the BS at bay. And most of what Ezra wrote was opinion - and attack - Nothing really new in the article either.

This isn't about Ezra. If the points he made are factual, then there are serious considerations that need to be made by the US voters on it.

Foreign Policy - Well we have seen Romney - we have what he wants to do - his FP is having a huge Military so we can threaten, coerce or bomb them. Just like Bush the Lesser. We all went down that road. Did not do well.

One might argue that Obama's FP hasn't done much to bolster the perceptions of American overseas other than being live targets

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
I don't run around claiming to be a professional writer. One would think that someone who claims to be a professional writer would be capable of writing.

However, you are only capable of posting long-winded, poorly written diatribes that confirm that you don't like Obama. Lots of people don't like Obama, you just have to keep posting long winded crap saying so. Over, and over, and over.

- TenPenny ... Since nobody could possibly believe that you are a professional writer given the inaccurate, irrational, irrelevant, irritating and simplistic garbage that you spew on this forum, I am not surprised that you don`t claim to be a professional writer.

- You, not me, are the one who keeps obsessively bringing up the fact that I have been published and paid as a writer (which, by definition, makes me a professional writer). I brought it up only once and pointed out that I have done a variety of things in my career and writing occasional free lance columns and artlcles for newspapers and magazines was one of those things. While I can understand your anger, bitterness and bile at being exposed by me as a buffoon and a misrepresenter of the facts, I would suggest that your childish penchant for correcting my typing probably makes you out to be an even bigger fool than you are and doesn`t really discredit me very much. Intelligent adults on the board know that occasional typing mistakes by septogenarians with fingers less nimble than in earlier years do not have anything to do with one`s writing abilities. Two things you will never experience which I have had are secretaries and editors who through the years have kindly corrected any typing, spelling and grammatical errors on my part.

- As to your bit about poorly written and long winded diatribes, perhaps you already have alzheimers because you post this same stupid comment after almost all of my posts.

- In this connection, I must remind you that any a$$hole can post stupid criticisms, any really stupid a$$hole can repeatedly and obsessively post the exact same stupid criticisms and any really stupid and immature a$$hole can post repetitive stupid criticisms while being totally unable to offer up any specific, accurate and cogent rebuttals to the writing at hand.

- That, TenPenny, is all you got.

- Now go away.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No doubt... Just read the reason (below) for his seemingly deliberate loss in the debate

I get it now... It's brilliant strategy really.

President Obama is going for the sympathy vote... I can imagine it now, 75% of the electorate thinking to themselves: "Gee, that was awfully mean for Romney to pick-on that mentally handicapped fellow so cruelly. I think that I'll vote for the poor wee lamb to boost his spirits a bit"

If it's true that Obama couldn't be bothered to attend the White House meetings upon hearing the news in order to head to Sin City for campaign donations; I think that you ought to re-examine whose head it should be on the block

This isn't about Ezra. If the points he made are factual, then there are serious considerations that need to be made by the US voters on it.

One might argue that Obama's FP hasn't done much to bolster the perceptions of American overseas other than being live targets

Some are facts - some are opinions - As to the debacle in Benghazi - Heads should roll- do you think it should be Obama's head that rolls.
And yes it is about Ezra - he has been off the deep end on topics for quite some time. So reading his articles over the years i have noted a change. He may as well have been writing for Romney.
Now David Frum - he is cut from a different conservative cloth than Ezra-

AS to FP - Bush - 2 wars - Shia bloc in Iran-Iraq- Afghanistan - staying was the mistake. Obama on Libya- went for having the EU and others - Arabs onside- The US if the went alone on Libya - guess what we would hear- War on Islam.

As to FP- Are you familiar with it? If not here is just a glimpse.

Kelly McParland: Romney offers bellicosity and bravado in place of foreign policy | Full Comment | National Post

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Some are facts - some are opinions - As to the debacle in Benghazi - Heads should roll- do you think it should be Obama's head that rolls.
And yes it is about Ezra - he has been off the deep end on topics for quite some time. So reading his articles over the years i have noted a change. He may as well have been writing for Romney.
Now David Frum - he is cut from a different conservative cloth than Ezra-

AS to FP - Bush - 2 wars - Shia bloc in Iran-Iraq- Afghanistan - staying was the mistake. Obama on Libya- went for having the EU and others - Arabs onside- The US if the went alone on Libya - guess what we would hear- War on Islam.

As to FP- Are you familiar with it? If not here is just a glimpse.

Kelly McParland: Romney offers bellicosity and bravado in place of foreign policy | Full Comment | National Post

Goober,

The incidents/events are either factual or they are not. Did he hit the links 100+ times this year? Did he skip the White House meeting the day that it was learned of the embassy bombing?... These are yes or no questions that will translate into fact (one way or the other).

By the way, IF Obama did snub his nose at his responsibility in attending to the embassy bombing to solicit campaign funds - then yes, I think he ought to have his ass handed to him by the voters.... He was not elected into office for the sole purpose of using the nation's resources to raise monies for his election at the expense of running the country... There is no 2 ways about this.

Levant's opinion (and ensuing spin) is Ezra grandstanding, but that does not mean that the events are fictitious.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
-- In this connection, I must remind you that any a$$hole can post stupid criticisms, any really stupid a$$hole can repeatedly and obsessively post the exact same stupid criticisms and any really stupid and immature a$$hole can post repetitive stupid criticisms while being totally unable to offer up any specific, accurate and cogent rebuttals to the writing at hand.

That's why you post the same stupid criticisms of Obama almost daily.

You may be a horrible writer, but you show great insight into your own personality.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goober,

The incidents/events are either factual or they are not. Did he hit the links 100+ times this year? Did he skip the White House meeting the day that it was learned of the embassy bombing?... These are yes or no questions that will translate into fact (one way or the other).

By the way, IF Obama did snub his nose at his responsibility in attending to the embassy bombing to solicit campaign funds - then yes, I think he ought to have his ass handed to him by the voters.... He was not elected into office for the sole purpose of using the nation's resources to raise monies for his election at the expense of running the country... There is no 2 ways about this.

Levant's opinion (and ensuing spin) is Ezra grandstanding, but that does not mean that the events are fictitious.
Golf= yes
Fundraising or in the situation room- answered that - Bush in the school reading - then 911 happened.
FP a failure- I disagree.
Grandstanding - Levant - Going downhill fast is my opinion