BO`s Benghazi BS and Cover Up Far Worse Than Watergate

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- I almost put this in my earlier thread of several weeks ago about how Obama and his Chicago mugs thugs and slugs make Nixon and his crew seem angelic.

- But then I realized that this persuasive column concerning how the Benghazi cover up is far worse than the Watergagte cover up and yet the MSM is giving Obama another free pass with it deserves a separate thread.

- For those too young to recall it, the Watergate cover up that a hostile press used to nail Nixon boiled down to Nixon participating in a cover up of some junior operatives planting a bug on the telephone of the chair of the Democratic national committee.

- It was an unsuccessful third rate burglary in which nobody died, unlike the Benghazi attack that burned down an American consulate and took the lives of an outstanding US ambassador and three other Americans. Obama and Clinton and the others invovled in covering their foreign policy asses for campaign purposes by lying to the American people that this was some spontaneous mob reaction to a 14 minute film trailer rather than a planned terrorist attack on America would have the MSM hoping mad and rightfully so if only it had been perpetrated by Nixon or Bush or some other Republican whom they didn`t like.

- The United States is rapidly approaching the tipping point to dictatorship which is what you have when the national media is totally in the tank for the ruling cabal. Or as the cynical but powerless citizens of the USSR used to say, Izvestia is not news and Pravda is not truth.

Benghazi Worse than Watergate

September 29, 2012 - 12:08 am - by Roger L Simon

For over forty years now, the Watergate scandal — the June 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters and the subsequent cover-up by the Nixon administration — has been the sine qua non of American political malfeasance. It has been followed by myriad other “gates�� affecting both parties but has never been superseded.

Until now.

Benghazi or Benghazigate, as some call it, is worse. Far worse. Incomparably worse.

Watergate caught numerous public officials lying, including the president of the United States, but Benghazigate has all that and more.

It involves the terrorist murder (not an electorally irrelevant burglary) of government officials, their reckless endangerment, the undermining of the Bill of Rights and free speech by our own administration in response to Islamist threats, and, ultimately, the complicity of that same administration, consciously or unconsciously, in the downfall of Western civilization.

Meanwhile, the mainstream media function as their more-than-willing accomplices in this downfall, in essence as Obama’s court eunuchs.

Sound excessive?

Hear me out.

But first a word from Democratic pollster Pat Caddell, who evidently feels the same way:

First of all, we’ve had 9 days of lies.…If a president of either party…had had a terrorist incident and gotten on an airplane [after remarks] and flown off to a fundraiser in Las Vegas, they would have been crucified…it should have been, should have been, the equivalent, for Barack Obama, of George Bush’s “flying over Katrina�� moment. But nothing was said at all. Nothing will be said. [...] It is [unacceptable] to specifically decide that you will not tell the American people information they have a right to know. [The MSM] has made themselves the enemy of the American people. It is a threat to the very future of the country; we’ve crossed a new and frightening line on the slippery slope, and it needs to be talked about. (h/t: The Anchoress)

Not to mention Democratic pundit Kirsten Powers:

There are so many unanswered questions, not just about Libya, but also about Cairo. Who is it that Rice thinks “widely disseminated�� this “movie?�� Surely she can’t believe that the Egyptian Coptic Christian who made the video had the capacity or even desire to put it in the hands of the people who did the inciting. Also, has the administration noticed that the mob in Cairo, so spontaneously upset about the video, just happened to be carrying an Islamist flag to hoist over our embassy? On 9/11. What a massive coincidence…. They say curiosity killed the cat. In this case, lack of curiosity on the part of the American media very well may kill more Americans. (h/t: Hot Air)

And so on. There’s more at both of these links. Watergate is child’s play by comparison.

What really is going on here? Terrorism and rioting broke out all over the Muslim world on 9/11. What caused it? We thought Osama bin Laden was supposed to be dead. But apparently the assassination of bin Laden meant little. Actually, only an idiot would think otherwise.

(“Obama, Obama, we are all Osama!�� Evidently.)

Obviously, an ideology is at play — a gigantic, uncompromising ideology — that our government refuses to confront or even recognize. And our media, with a few exceptions, barely looks at it either. Nevertheless, a direct line exists from the denial of Islamic influence in the Ft. Hood massacre (even though Major Hasan yelled “Allahu Akbar�� in the process of killing or maiming forty-two of his fellow soldiers) and what occurred in Benghazi, Cairo, and elsewhere.

Our government, more than ever under Obama, has never named our enemy, making it all the more likely that enemy will engulf us. Indeed, as has been described here at PJ Media, government directives exist to avoid imputation of Islamic or even Islamist terror motivation by the State Department, Defense Department, or the FBI.

You could say that is appeasement. Unfortunately, I am beginning to think it is more than that. It is, on the part of some, intentional.

We can trace that back, among other places, to Obama’s famous Cairo speech. That speech was naïve, yes, but even more it was subversive in its intentions. Obama wanted to make outreach to and common cause with an Islamic culture that is misogynistic, homophobic, and in favor of the ascendancy of religious Sharia law over state law across a globe ruled by an Islamic caliphate — in other words, against the very fabric of everything on which this country was founded, not to mention Western civilization, the Enlightenment, etc.

Think of that, my fellow Americans. That is what Barack Obama did on our behalf — and the media lapped up unquestioningly.

Liberals, most of all, you would think would abhor this. But they don’t. They have been brainwashed out of their ideology — that is, assuming they ever had one.

And that, of course, is the work our media. They say Islam is a “shame culture,�� but we have become one too. Our media is too ashamed to admit they made a mistake about Barack Obama, so ashamed they are willing to look the other way at every occasion.

So what do we do if, as Pat Caddell says, channeling Ibsen, the MSM is the new “enemy of the people�� ? How do we respond? Well, we yell and scream as loud as we can, for one thing. That’s what I’m attempting to do now.

In his 1978 book The Fate of Empires and the Search for Survival, Sir John Glubb describes the life cycle of empires in seven stages. Part 7 is “The age of decline and collapse.�� I don’t want to think we’ve reached that point. I’m going all in — at least for a few more weeks — to try and disrupt the message.

So say it loud and say it proud: Benghazi worse than Watergate! (Maybe our countrymen will hear us.)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Your posts would carry more weight if you didn't feel the need to throw in the insults. Once you use the 'thugs and mugs' line, the rest of your post is meaningless, no matter how factual it might be. You lose a lot of readers by being so opinionated.

A professional writer would probably know this; you might consider taking some courses.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- Ten Penny ... Thank you for that. Your opinion is always so important to me. And you always make such persuasive arguments. And you also always prove with your name and the content of your posts that one gets what one pays for in this life, albeit thaqt you over charge a bit for your wirthless drivel.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
- Ten Penny ... Thank you for that. Your opinion is always so important to me. And you always make such persuasive arguments. And you also always prove with your name and the content of your posts that one gets what one pays for in this life, albeit thaqt you over charge a bit for your wirthless drivel.

Except that he's not wrong.

The ever present lowest common denominator jabs makes it impossible to take any of your postings seriously. They come off as just more mindless ideological drivel because you cannot seem to make your argument "for" without taking really low pot shots "against". If your intent is to spur discussion, then leave the cheesy comments at the door and conduct yourself accordingly.

You are not inarticulate, you definitely seem to have a passion for your beliefs and with whom you believe in, so why risk the dismissal of your arguments by constantly indulging in ad hominen attacks against those who simply hold another point of view.

You remind me very much of CabbagesandKings, albeit on the other side of the spectrum. Cannot see the forest for the trees.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
TeddyBallgame said:

Ah, indeed, I'm always pleased to see the quality of self-declared professional writers has improved so much, as your post so ably demonstrates.

Refreshing to say the least.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............I hate to break the news but the whole Benghazi situation is not registering with anyone except Hannity and Foxy news..........

Just a reminder...it's been 1232 days since Sean Hannity promised to be waterboarded "for the troops".

GRODIN: You're for torture.

HANNITY: I am for enhanced interrogation.
GRODIN: You don't believe it's torture. Have you ever been waterboarded?
HANNITY: No, but Ollie North has.
GRODIN: Would you consent to be waterboarded? We can waterboard you?
HANNITY: Sure.
GRODIN: Are you busy on Sunday?

HANNITY: I'll do it for charity. I'll let you do it. I'll do it for the troops' families.

Hannity Offers To Be Waterboarded For Charity (By Charles Grodin!)

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The now confirmed passing of orders among the Consular Security system to downsize armed staff and order other to carry an arm but no ammunition should raise some eyebrows. This resulted is a serious breach of our Consular Security system and the effects will last for years. The entire system should be overhauled and those responsible should resign from the Foreign Service in disgrace.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............I hate to break the news but the whole Benghazi situation is not registering with anyone except Hannity and Foxy news......
Took a long time for Watergate to gain traction.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
This article plagiarized from? I know teddy isn't bright enough to write this all by his self.

- If you weren't either lazy, stupid, afflicted with ADD or just being your usual assholic self, you would have read the first few introductory paragraphs of mine before coming to the referenced article which is clearly identified by title and by author (Simon).

- Don't you ever have anything intelligent, accurate and relevant to say about the actual subject matter you moronic misfit member of www.leftwingiarsleecheslosersandloons.com?

- Not only do you lack the intellect and the talent to write anything original yourself, you lack the intellect to even offer a substantive comment about others' articles and columns concerning issues of significance.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
- If you weren't either lazy, stupid, afflicted with ADD or just being your usual assholic self, you would have read the first few introductory paragraphs of mine before coming to the referenced article which is clearly identified by title and by author (Simon).

- Don't you ever have anything intelligent, accurate and relevant to say about the actual subject matter you moronic misfit member of www.leftwingiarsleecheslosersandloons.com?

- Not only do you lack the intellect and the talent to write anything original yourself, you lack the intellect to even offer a substantive comment about others' articles and columns concerning issues of significance.

- I see that you recognize yourself very clearly.

- Constant reliance on insults certainly emphasizes the lack of substance.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- This excellent and timely ad is about real leadership rather than phony posturing for the TV cameras so it will go right over the heads of Obama and his Chicago sycophants and, sadly, over the heads of some of the folks here who, like Obama prior to 2009, never ran anything in their lives except their mouths. Pity.

American Crossroads: "World" - YouTube

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey... Libyans killing the US Ambassador is just a bump in the road.

We cannot let it distract from reminding the US about Romney's dog and other pressing items.

I mean Libya was such a total victory... wasn't it?

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Hey... Libyans killing the US Ambassador is just a bump in the road.

We cannot let it distract from reminding the US about Romney's dog and other pressing items.

I mean Libya was such a total victory... wasn't it?

- ES ... Yes, its all a matter of priorities. Did you know that Ann Romney has a horse? And that once Mitt got into a heavy duty fist fight over in France (he was there doing his two year missionary stint which included living simply and sleeping on stone floors and he took on two French guys who were insulting and threatening a young woman but, hey, that doesn't matter)? And that Mitt was born into money and inherited millions (he gave it all away to BYU, every cent, but hey that doesn't matter either)?

- Anyhow, that buring down of the US consolate and murdering of the ambassador and three other Americans was just the result of a riot by discerning Libyan film critics concerning a bad movie, a riot that got out of hand. In fact, Obama may ban the making of bad movies about Islam and its leaders (except, of course, the movie about how he single handedly stormed OBL's compound and wrestled him to the death which is being produced by a good friend and supporter of Obama and which comes out, coincidentally, just two days before the election).

- But hey, that Obama is very honest and trustworthy.

- And I am the Grand Duke Ferdinand.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Two mornings after this tragic incident 600 Marines were airborne to 40 Embassies. That was the number that had been cut two years ago. BUT... we'll never be told the truth until it leaks out from a military commander who will risk losing their career. Truth is a word the White House knows how to spell but doesn't know what it means!

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Mark Steyn's column yesterday reminds us of the absolutely disgraceful Obama administration whitewash and cover-up of the Benghazi terrorist attack. Combined with the equally disgraceful pulling of significant US security forces out of Syria at the exact time when the ambassador and other Americans serving there were under increased danger would normally have the media apoplectic and rightly demanding Clinton or even Obama's resignation. But since the MSM is deep in the tank for Obama, it is (and the ambassador's body was) just another "bump in the road" and barely worthy of notice.

Writes Steyn:

A couple of days after the Benghazi fiasco, I wrote here:
The 400-strong assault force in Benghazi showed up with RPGs and mortars: That’s not a spontaneous movie protest; that’s an act of war, and better planned and executed than the dying superpower’s response to it. Secretary Clinton and General Dempsey are, to put it mildly, misleading the American people when they suggest otherwise.
Four weeks on, the official spokespersons of the government of the United States are belatedly catching up to this third-rate foreign hack’s version of events. The State Department has now conceded that there was no movie protest at all, and that it was, in fact, one of the most sophisticated military attacks ever launched at a diplomatic facility.
Both these very obvious points were surely known to Washington by 6 a.m. Eastern on Wednesday September 12, by which time the surviving consulate staff had been evacuated to Tripoli. Yet Ambassador Rice, President Obama, et al., were still blaming the video days later. Obama and Secretary Clinton always refer to Ambassador Stevens as “Chris” — Chris this, Chris that — as if he were a treasured friend or intimate. Yet they and the sad hollow men around them dishonor their “friend” in death.
Given the conflicting reports on the manner of his demise, any chance of an autopsy? Or is that also politically inconvenient?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Geez, your pal GWBozo killed 100k+ based on a lie. Have you no clue but to play stupid?