Ron Paul............What if?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I think Bernie Sanders would be the best but he dosen't make friends with the big money very well.............

These past failures aside, Bernie Sanders, the independent senator from Vermont, joined Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) Thursday to introduce legislation that would chop more than $113 billion out of subsidies for the oil and coal industries over the next 10 years. Here's the announcement:

Stop Oil Speculation Now - YouTube

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He is definitely a righteous dude. It will take a lefty with at least half a brian to get his stuff. ;-)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
He is definitely a righteous dude. It will take a lefty with at least half a brian to get his stuff. ;-)

Too right, Locutus. What I liked about Ron Paul when he was still a candidate was that he always answered the questions asked of him. He didn't dither or move past the question.......he answered it. Here's another great Ron Paul moment.

Ron Paul tells the real reason for the oil prices - YouTube

I think Bernie Sanders would be the best but he dosen't make friends with the big money very well.............

These past failures aside, Bernie Sanders, the independent senator from Vermont, joined Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) Thursday to introduce legislation that would chop more than $113 billion out of subsidies for the oil and coal industries over the next 10 years. Here's the announcement:

Stop Oil Speculation Now - YouTube

Did you even watch the vid? Did you happen to catch the date at the start or the time references in it? I like what Mr Sanders had to say about the price of oil.................but that was well over a year ago.

Barack Obama would win a landslide ;)

Really? You think? Not I. I'll take Obama over Mitty any day, but I'd take Ron Paul over the both of the them.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Really? You think? Not I. I'll take Obama over Mitty any day, but I'd take Ron Paul over the both of the them.

You wouldn't be the only one voting. Most people in the United States don't believe in Ron Paul's "government should do nothing" ideology. Even Republicans, who pretend they do, ultimately don't buy into it. If Ron Paul ran as the Republican nominee, the US would have a real debate about the fundamentals of government, and most people would realize that they don't want privatized roads and bounty hunters for foreign policy. And that's just the crazy stuff. If Ron Paul spoke about social security and medicare, he'd plummet in the polls.