Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well-played DNC. :lol:

On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships.

While retired Adm. John Nathman, a former commander of Fleet Forces Command, honored vets as America’s best, the ships from the Russian Federation Navy were arrayed like sentinels on the big screen above.

These were the very Soviet-era combatants that Nathman and Cold Warriors like him had once squared off against.

“The ships are definitely Russian,” said noted naval author Norman Polmar after reviewing hi-resolution photos from the event. “There’s no question of that in my mind.”

more

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I find that many advertising types don't have the sense/brains/ability to think about the images they are using - I've seen provincial tourism ads that have pictures of lighthouses in other provinces. Doesn't anybody look at the details? No, they don't. Our school system teaches us not to worry about the details.