Netanyahu To Obama: ‘Wait For What?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Does anyone think that Obama may be busy for the next few months?

Nothing like asking for a meeting with Obama when he's got his schedule set up for the election.

These right wingers (yes that is what Netanyahu is) will try anything to make Obama look bad but most is this really going to be an issue to the American voters?

No...........

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Wait for the IAEA to find evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapon program or some other violation of the NPT?

Wait for Israel to sign the NPT and open its nuclear program to the same scrutiny as the Iran's in which case Israel might be able to criticize Iran's NPT compliant nuclear program, but they'd have to destroy their nuclear weapons and ends their nuclear weapon program first in order not to be hypocrites.

Iran has been a year away from developing nuclear weapons for about 5 years now. Do the math... If Iran wanted nuclear weapons, they'd have built and tested one by now.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So far there is no evidence that Iran is even trying to build nuclear weapons.

Also, if you're a true conservative who believes in due process, the rule of law, and the principle of the presumption of innocence...

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Does anyone think that Obama may be busy for the next few months?

Nothing like asking for a meeting with Obama when he's got his schedule set up for the election.

These right wingers (yes that is what Netanyahu is) will try anything to make Obama look bad but most is this really going to be an issue to the American voters?

No...........
The Bamster made time for Letterman. You're a drone.

Wait for the IAEA to find evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapon program or some other violation of the NPT?

Wait for Israel to sign the NPT and open its nuclear program to the same scrutiny as the Iran's in which case Israel might be able to criticize Iran's NPT compliant nuclear program, but they'd have to destroy their nuclear weapons and ends their nuclear weapon program first in order not to be hypocrites.

Iran has been a year away from developing nuclear weapons for about 5 years now. Do the math... If Iran wanted nuclear weapons, they'd have built and tested one by now.
Look up Stuxnet.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...Look up Stuxnet.

Good point... but Stuxnet's impact on Iran's nuclear program is overrated.

I'm sure Stuxnet slowed Iran down and caused $millions in damage... but in the overall scheme, it didn't have a big impact. Iran has thousands of spare centrifuges... more capacity than it needs and has actually shut down entire cascades due to over capacity.

On 15 February 2011 (ISIS) released a report concluding that:

Assuming Iran exercises caution, Stuxnet is unlikely to destroy more centrifuges at the Natanz plant. Iran likely cleaned the malware from its control systems. To prevent re-infection, Iran will have to exercise special caution since so many computers in Iran contain Stuxnet. Although Stuxnet appears to be designed to destroy centrifuges at the Natanz facility, destruction was by no means total. Moreover, Stuxnet did not lower the production of LEU during 2010. LEU quantities could have certainly been greater, and Stuxnet could be an important part of the reason why they did not increase significantly. Nonetheless, there remain important questions about why Stuxnet destroyed only 1,000 centrifuges. One observation is that it may be harder to destroy centrifuges by use of cyber attacks than often believed.[72]

Stuxnet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In February 2012, Iran started using domestically produced 20% enriched uranium in its medical isotope reactor. If Iran can manufacture 20% LEU fuel rods, then likely they can also make HEU (greater than 20%) which is required for nuclear weapon components.

I sincerely doubt that Iran will cross the 20% enrichment limit. If they wanted to, they could have done this years ago.

1) The United States began its atomic bomb program in 1942. By August 1945 they had half a dozen bombs of 2 different types [1]. In just 3 years, with no precedent, with no confidence that such a thing was even possible, the USA had as many as 6 bombs. Some Plutonium based and some Uranium based. Of which they used a Uranium bomb on Hiroshima, and a Plutonium one on Nagasaki. That, with 1940′s technology and knowledge, or the lack thereof.

2) The Soviet Union began its atomic bomb project in earnest in 1945, after seeing the effects of the American attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and no longer having the burden of the 2nd World War. They exploded their first bomb in August 1949, just 4 years after serious initiation [2]. Again, using 1940′s technology, while trying to rebuild the nation with limited resources.

3) Britain began concerted development of its atomic bomb in January 1947. It exploded its first bomb less than 6 years later in October 1952 [3]. Again, using the technology of 65 years ago, and after a debilitating war.

4) France began its program in 1949. In February 1960, just over 10 years later it exploded its first atomic bomb [4].

5) China began its bomb program in earnest in 1960. Just 4 years later it exploded its first bomb in October 1964 [5].

6) Israel began its bomb program in 1961. By 1967, just 6 years later it had produced its first bombs [6].

7) India realistically began its program in 1956 with its first reactor. It exploded its first bomb in 1974 less than 18 years later [7].

8) Pakistan’s program became serious in late 1965 with its first nuclear reactor. By early 1983, just 17 years later it had its first viable atomic bombs.

9) North Korea began its bomb development in 1989 with its first reactor. By 2006, just 17 year later it had exploded its first bomb.

Iran has a highly educated, technical, and capable population, military, and social infrastructure. It ranks 17th in the world in regards to Purchasing Power Parity (PPP; Economy of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). Iran has many universities and technical colleges with thousands of graduates per annum. It has the largest auto manufacturers of the Middle East. It has ship yards and steel mills. Vast indigenously staffed oil and gas wells and refineries and petrochemical plants for domestic production as well as export. It has orbital rocket and satellite design and manufacturing facilities. It builds its own dams and hydro electricity machinery and power stations and is the biggest exporter of electrical energy in the Middle East. It has an extensive medical research and development and pharmaceutical industry. It builds and maintains an extensive modern roads, railways and travel network. It has a variety of agricultural produce and processing facilities. It has its own aircraft manufacturing factories. Its own military manufacturing industry, including missiles, jet fighters, helicopters, destroyers and submarines. Furthermore, it has uranium mines and enrichment and processing plants, as well as nuclear research reactors for the past 45 years (since 1967). And that list is merely a synopsis. Iran has recently been ranked as third among industrial developing countries, after China and India [11].

The chances that Iran hasn't been able to make a nuclear bomb after doing nuclear research since 1967 because of incompetence, lack capability, lack of resources... is extremely unlikely. The only reason why Iran hasn't developed a nuclear weapon is lack of interest. (no doubt as a result of outside pressure and threats)

Last edited:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Gee what an unusual coincidence that the modern western world, predominately Christian based regarding law, does not condone or commit cowardly attacks on innocent people every time some predominately Islamic nation's people disrespect their faith or lack of same.
Our own people in the west have numerous times, and for many years, created actual movies and books, not to mention cartoons, that speak ill of or condemn Christianity, oddly enough, the creators survive and prosper.
If we reacted the way many Islamics do, they would have all been burnt toast years ago.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Gee what an unusual coincidence that the modern western world, predominately Christian based regarding law, does not condone or commit cowardly attacks on innocent people every time some predominately Islamic nation's people disrespect their faith or lack of same.
Our own people in the west have numerous times, and for many years, created actual movies and books, not to mention cartoons, that speak ill of or condemn Christianity, oddly enough, the creators survive and prosper.
If we reacted the way many Islamics do, they would have all been burnt toast years ago.

Instead the west kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people and steals their oil. (Iraq.. BTW, how is the search for iraq's WMD stockpiles coming)

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Instead the west kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people and steals their oil. (Iraq.. BTW, how is the search for iraq's WMD stockpiles coming)

You really do not belong in the west, since apparently we cannot do anything right. I will donate to your trip to Iraq where you can apply for citizenship and re educate online us from there.
Wait, perhaps you are there........

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You really do not belong in the west, since apparently we cannot do anything right. I will donate to your trip to Iraq where you can apply for citizenship and re educate online us from there.
Wait, perhaps you are there........

Let me get this straight. Are you claiming that in order to live in the west I should have to support the West's war criminals??? ...I thought mistakenly for a minute that we lived in a democracy which allows dissent and freedom of expression. But apparently war crime supporters feel their position is the only valid one.

IMO, all those people who want Canada to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity should get the hell out. My preference would be for all war criminals (ours and theirs) and supporters (both sides) including those who support killing innocent civiians along with the terrorists move to an island, where you can kill and destroy each other. Let people like myself who don't want to kill innocent people live in peace. When you and the war criminals you admire so much are finished killing each other you can let us know who won... or maybe not because I don't think I'd care too much.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Let me get this straight. Are you claiming that in order to live in the west I should have to support the West's war criminals??? ...I thought mistakenly for a minute that we lived in a democracy which allows dissent and freedom of expression. But apparently war crime supporters feel their position is the only valid one.

IMO, all those people who want Canada to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity should get the hell out. My preference would be for all war criminals (ours and theirs) and supporters (both sides) including those who support killing innocent civiians along with the terrorists move to an island, where you can kill and destroy each other. Let people like myself who don't want to kill innocent people live in peace. When you and the war criminals you admire so much are finished killing each other you can let us know who won... or maybe not because I don't think I'd care too much.

Appears to me that your definition of what a War criminal is well needs revising to say the least. Again I voted for you as Wanker of the Year Award.

I think you are a shoe in.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Appears to me that your definition of what a War criminal is well needs revising to say the least. Again I voted for you as Wanker of the Year Award.

I think you are a shoe in.
Ditto...........

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If Iran really wanted a bomb, they would have went with a uranium bomb 30 years ago. One can be built in an average well equipped muffler shop.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

...blah blah blah...

hey Colpy, fed up with democracy yet?

lol