Pelosi Denies Birth Control Goes Against Catholic Teachings

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Says Republicans Efforts To Stop HHS Mandate Is “Extremism”…

via Zip

She is insane.
(CNSNews.com) — At a breakfast rally for the California Democratic Party earlier this week, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said she understood the religious views of Republicans on abortion but she described their opposition to government funding of contraception as “extremism”.

“It’s really important to point out the extremism of Republicans. They may have a religious view about abortion — but birth control? Birth control? – that they would shut down the government of the United States rather than fund Planned Parenthood. What more do you need to know about them,” Pelosi asked the gathering in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Pelosi has been outspoken about her Catholic faith in the past.

Catholic teachings condemn the use of sterilization, contraception and abortion, based in part on the premise that man has no right to veto God’s decision to bring a new life into the world.

Keep reading…

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I don't think Pelosi has ever read Humanae Vitae.. the articulation of Catholic teaching on sexuality and contraception.

She's designated herself as Chief Priestess of the New Age Catholic Church (her membership in which she continually flaunts).. one where belief God or acceptance of an absolute moral superstructure to the Universe.. are all strictly optional.. and heretical if they contradict the Feminist credo. :roll:

She's a real lightweight. But completely reflective of the Democratic Party for at least the last 40 years.

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The republican credo must be upheld; Love the fetus,hate the child............

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Nancy Pelosi isn't truly a Roman Catholic because she doesn't subscribe to Church doctrine. She is a pretender.

and she certainly isn't alone, i'm sure much more than 60% of catholics in the childbearing age, do not follow the rules of
birth control, according to their church, and good for them, the catholic church is only trying to produce
more and more catholics, just another corporate push, not different than any company trying to conive to
get more for themselves.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
“It’s really important to point out the extremism of Republicans. They may have a religious view about abortion — but birth control? Birth control? – that they would shut down the government of the United States rather than fund Planned Parenthood. What more do you need to know about them,” Pelosi asked the gathering in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Pelosi is an idiot most of the time but she raises a valid point here. If Republicans want to slash social programs and education funding (not to mention eliminate abortions), then promoting population growth in poorer demographics (i.e. those least able to care for and educate children without government aid) by removing a source of birth control is counter productive.

Seriously, I'm not crazy about Obama, I think many Democrats are wingnuts and the party as a whole lacks uniformity of message, but the Republicans ARE under the control of extremists. The American religious right isn't as far removed from the Taliban or the Iranian theocracy as people like to imagine. Romney's not really "in" with them, because the fundies think of Mormanism as a cult... but at least he's white and the fundies can control the purse strings...

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Now you know why she is popular in San Francisco. She runs her own religion concepts blog too. In her other role as a Brothel owner she also states that it isn't a sin for a married guy to get some strange tail either. When they do get rid of the Death Penalty here I hope they replace it with the sentence of waking up next to this witch in the bedroom. Without any make up I'll bet it is horrendous. Old hag itis.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
In her other role as a Brothel owner she also states that it isn't a sin for a married guy to get some strange tail either.

Isn't that common among Republicans as well?

Are you suggesting that Republicans are somehow moral and monogamous?

You don't expect to be taken seriously, do you?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Now you know why she is popular in San Francisco. She runs her own religion concepts blog too. In her other role as a Brothel owner she also states that it isn't a sin for a married guy to get some strange tail either. When they do get rid of the Death Penalty here I hope they replace it with the sentence of waking up next to this witch in the bedroom. Without any make up I'll bet it is horrendous. Old hag itis.
Pelosi is popular in SF? Brothel owner?
Ain't you just plumb fulla claims? Got any links to support these claims?
Anyway, it seems that some high-seated Reps that claim higher morals than Dems have also been getting a little fluff on the side. Attaboy, Newt!
SOME Dems are no worse than SOME Reps. Get over it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I don't think Pelosi has ever read Humanae Vitae.. the articulation of Catholic teaching on sexuality and contraception.

She's designated herself as Chief Priestess of the New Age Catholic Church (her membership in which she continually flaunts).. one where belief God or acceptance of an absolute moral superstructure to the Universe.. are all strictly optional.. and heretical if they contradict the Feminist credo. :roll:

She's a real lightweight. But completely reflective of the Democratic Party for at least the last 40 years.

Belief in god and blind obedience to some cult are two entirely different things. I have met a few people over the years that profess to believe in a god but don't want anything to do with any church.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Why do Republicans have to include every aspect of the bible in everyone's affairs? They would have a massive majority if they ditched the flakey fairy stuff and joined the real world.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
At least 82% of American Catholics say birth control is OK. The other 18% are likely old men or post-menopausal women.
Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK

In Canada, the percentage is much higher as birth control for Catholics has been left to individual conscience and circumstance.
Recall the Winnipeg Document signed by Catholic bishops.

The issue as a Republican political football is absurd in 2012.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Shocking, Catholic politicians don't lead as their faith commands? Say it aint so...
At DNC, Simone Campbell echoes bishops: 'Ryan budget fails moral test' | National Catholic Reporter
Paul Ryan claims his budget reflects the principles of our shared Catholic faith. But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty.
Jesus was all about making life easier for the rich at the expense of the poor? If Jesus were here today I'm sure the Republicans would call him out for his class warfare. Pelosi, Ryan, many, maybe even most Catholics don't live the way the Church says they must.