Beached Whale Michael Moore Predicts A Romney Victory

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Weasel Zippers

Filmmaker Michael Moore joined HuffPost Live Thursday and predicted that the influence of money in politics would lift Mitt Romney to victory over President Barack Obama in November.

“Mitt Romney is going to raise more money than Barack Obama. That should guarantee his victory,” Moore told host Josh Zepps. “I think people should start to practice the words ‘President Romney.’ To assume that the other side are just a bunch of ignoramuses who are supported by people who believe that Adam and Eve rode on dinosaurs 6,000 years ago is to completely misjudge the opposition.”

Moore said he believes that if the election were conducted “American Idol”-style, and Americans were able to vote from their couches, Obama “would win hands down.”

“That’s not what’s gonna happen,” he told Zepps. “This election’s going to be decided on who gets out the most people that day. Who’s up at four in the morning, making sure that dozens, hundreds, thousands of people in their communities are getting out to vote. And the Republican machine that is set up and the money behind it to guarantee [what] is really the only important thing — turnout on that day — that’s what looks pretty scary here.”

Keep reading

Michael Moore: Mitt Romney Will Win In November (VIDEO)

Beached Whale Michael Moore Predicts A Romney Victory… | Weasel Zippers

Could also be a little reverse whale-ology.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I bet Mickey won't admit it,but he may be happy about it,most americans are disapointed by Obama,so he might be disapointed too.

He is disappointed in Obama and has made it known many times. I doubt he wants Romney though. It must suck to be an American voter. They only get to chose between two people, neither of which is desirable.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
He is disappointed in Obama and has made it known many times. I doubt he wants Romney though. It must suck to be an American voter. They only get to chose between two people, neither of which is desirable.

I'd guess that if he would try to be prez in an election,the opponant would win by a gigantic advance.

99.999999999999999999999999999999%

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Yeah... you're kind of on target here.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Beached whale?

Are you like Yukon Jack, who was obsessed with Michele Obama being obese? Some sort of homoerotic thing you got goin on for filmmakers?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Which is different than us how?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
If it was run like American Idol?

Yeah, as if people calling in their votes ever mattered in that show. You call in, you pay your fee for the call, you put your vote in, and they just tell you who won the next day without any proof that the winner truly won by the votes sent in while they just keep the money from all the calls so they can port out the next season of American Idol.

I've predicted the winner in every single one of those Idol shows.... and the funny thing is, I haven't watched an American Idol all the way through since the very first one when it was actually interesting.

If the US elections were run the same way, it wouldn't be any better than the old fashion way, and it'd probably be even worse actually.

But I never been able to understand how raising more money than the other electorate equates to winning an election. Sure, I can be spammed constantly by big budget commercials & radio ads by some political party for days on end... but if I already don't like the candidate and their principles, those things are not going to magically sway my vote.... in fact, they usually just cement my views on the candidate and end up hating them even more.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'll bet Moore gets approached by the DNC to produce some short ad clips for their campaign. I know Anrea Mitchell, Rachel Maddow and other female Liberals are all now on the attack after ghe Clint Eastwood appearance last night at the RNC Convention. George Soros is even concerned and will pump another pot of money in to make sure he doesn't lose his foot hold on this nation politically. The ability to raise money is not a problem for either Party.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Michael Moore tweets "Sorry to speak the Awful Truth: 90 million say they're not voting Nov 6 & 2/3 of 'em are Obama supporters. Unless that changes, Romney wins."