Mittens Promises Americans Energy Independence - With Canadian Oil

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I thought Canada could already be 'Oil Independent' if it's Politicians so choose to make it so, but Mittens claims he's the one to do it for not just the USA but North America.

But of course he is confused as usual............

"I like wind and solar like the next person, but I don't want the law to be used to stop the production of oil and gas and coal," Romney said.

Romney pitches Keystone as key to energy plan - Business - CBC News

On-shore oil drilling in the United States is at its highest level since the Reagan administration in 1987, according to the Baker Hughes Rig Count – an industry tracking service.

independentsforkerry.org » Blog Archive » On-shore oil drilling booms in U.S., some areas of Colorado

Big Oil politicians to ignore facts: U.S. oil production higher under Obama than when Bush left office

Big Oil politicians to ignore facts: U.S. oil production higher under Obama than when Bush left office « The Checks and Balances Project

And of course, we know what makes them drill so if the price goes down what will Mitt do to keep them drilling?

The trend may not continue, however. Oil prices have fallen to about $85 a barrel in recent weeks, down sharply from their highs of well over $100 a barrel last spring. The drop won’t make companies stop drilling, but lower prices combined with higher costs could be enough to slow the rig count’s rapid rise.

Number of the Week: How Many Rigs Are Drilling for Oil? - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The Oilman in the White House

Not exactly what one might expect. Eight straight years of decline under Bush, and three straight years of gains under Obama. Quite a startling graphic..................

http://www.consumere...he-white-house/

Obama has Nearly Quadrupled Renewable Energy on Public Lands

http://cleantechnica...n-public-lands/

FLASHBACK Fox News On Gas Prices In 2008 - YouTube

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Mittens Promises Americans Energy Independence - With Canadian Oil

Doesn't the Canadian Government and the Canadian People have a say in Mitt's plans? Last time I looked Canada was an independent country, unless Mitts has some plans there we don't know about.. Canada going to become the 51st?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
That BOOMer is the cunundrum for Mittens.

But if we back up the bus a bit we find that America is already taking as much Oil as possible from canada so it's really a red herring for him to talk like that concept is 'a new direction' for the USA.

Maybe canadians should be allowed to vote in November............

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
That BOOMer is the cunundrum for Mittens.

But if we back up the bus a bit we find that America is already taking as much Oil as possible from canada so it's really a red herring for him to talk like that concept is 'a new direction' for the USA.

Maybe canadians should be allowed to vote in November............
Not surprising since most Americans have shares in the oilsands,and Canadians or anyone with mutual funds.
The Americans pretty well own the oilsands anyways,and the french,and China,etc.

Kinda curious if Harper will bow to China with the Nexen takeover bid.

He who owns the oil in the near future will set prices on everything and pretty well rule the world.

Last edited:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Not surprising since most Americans have shares in the oilsands,and Canadians or anyone with mutual funds.
The Americans pretty well own the oilsands anyways,and the french,and China,etc.

He who owns the oil in the near future will set prices on everything and pretty well rule the world.

At what point do they take over the country and will Harper embrace it or protect Canadian interests?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I call malarky!

MT WY ND SD MN plan on using XL to get their products to market. Mittens said jack**** about CDN oil and the XL other than Canada and US being independant, not reliant on each other.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I call malarky!

MT WY ND SD MN plan on using XL to get their products to market. Mittens said jack**** about CDN oil and the XL other than Canada and US being independant, not reliant on each other.
Maybe we should tell them they cant have it,we have other customers.
Same with B.C. The premier can go find an easy handout somewhere else.
Once they have a taste of those oil royalties she will have her hand out all the time.

With Canada struggling in a global economy that is very bad I dont know why anyone would want to slow down or stop any project that means lots of future money and jobs for Canadians.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
BC's oil comes from where? Oilsands and Mac Delta/Arctic Ocean. It's time they put down their joints and started to learn something.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

and insist on one favoured currency for all oily transactions globally, wait, that reminds me of something from the past

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Maybe we should tell them they cant have it,we have other customers.
Same with B.C. The premier can go find an easy handout somewhere else.
Once they have a taste of those oil royalties she will have her hand out all the time.

With Canada struggling in a global economy that is very bad I dont know why anyone would want to slow down or stop any project that means lots of future money and jobs for Canadians.

Kakato Canadian Confederation is all about rights and privileges of the provinces and territories and if the Premier BC wants royalties she should get it and if she wants more money she should be able to negotiate for that as well.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Kakato Canadian Confederation is all about rights and privileges of the provinces and territories and if the Premier BC wants royalties she should get it and if she wants more money she should be able to negotiate for that as well.
Well then she should not go on whining about the cost to B.C. from an oil spill, that's already covered in the proposal and it wont cost them a dime.

So it is funny to watch her try and milk the oil teat now for some extra coin.
Kind of like a few eastern provinces tried to do once.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
They bank rolled on NG but lost their shirt in the price drops.
That's why all the Berta rigs are in SK right now.
Global warming is keeping the price of gas down to record levels and BP is killing the whistleblowers so ya know how it go's in the patch,lots of drama and a few murders.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Who shot JR?

Flint and Carson are going like mad in the Midale and Bakken patches.
Flint owns Carson as of last year.
Too bad because I was going to go work for Carson but worked for Flint and I hate big companies that award you to turn on your co worker and give you swag for doing so. I'm the kind of guy that would rather talk out a problem one on one and not have to go through a hierarchy in flint to turn in a fellow worker for a problem,old school style.

Flint in Alberta stands for ****ing losers in new trucks.
:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Carson is still run as Carson, Flint was decent until they went south to work in MT, WY ND. "Merican rules became the norm.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
and insist on one favoured currency for all oily transactions globally, wait, that reminds me of something from the past
Oil extraction is a business and very hard work,you want some of the oil money come and work for it.
You will see how easy of a job it is.

Carson is still run as Carson, Flint was decent until they went south to work in MT, WY ND. "Merican rules became the norm.
Flints buying up everyone,I think were next as I saw lots of iron in the yard today when I went to put my invoices in and the silence is deadly.

My 2 native buds and me allready agreed today to go lease some equipment if this happens and carry on with reclamation.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I call malarky!

Maybe you missed Mittens speech..........Now he may not realize that North America consists of more than the USA, so we will give him a pass because of his geographical Palin moment, but to others, say Canada and Mexico, they may not want Mittens and friends looking after their energy independence...........

Mitt Romney Sets Goal Of North American Energy Independence By 2020

A crucial component of Mitt Romney’s Plan for a Stronger Middle Class is a comprehensive energy strategy to achieve North American energy independence by 2020 and establish America as an energy superpower in the 21st century.

Mitt Romney Sets Goal Of North American Energy Independence By 2020