Dreams From My Father, Calls From My Brother

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
By Mark Steyn

August 18, 2012 9:35 P.M

A few months ago, on the Hugh Hewitt show, I was asked to respond to President Obama’s remarks to the National Prayer Breakfast, at which he said that he believed in “living by the principle that we are our brother’s keeper.” And I reprised a bit from my book, After America (out next month in paperback!):
In a TV infomercial a few days before his election, Obama declared that his “fundamental belief” was that “I am my brother’s keeper”.
Hmm. Back in Kenya, his brother lives in a shack on 12 bucks a year. If Barack is his brother’s keeper, why can’t he shove a sawbuck and a couple singles in an envelope and double the guy’s income? Ah, well: When Barack Obama claims that “I am my brother’s keeper”, what he means is that the government should be his brother’s keeper.
Dinesh D’Souza met Barack’s brother, George Obama, earlier this year for his new documentary. A couple of days ago he got a call from him:
He was a bit flustered, and soon informed me that his young son was sick with a chest condition. He pleaded with me to send him $1,000 to cover the medical bills. Since George was at the hospital I asked him to let me speak to a nurse, and she confirmed that George’s son was indeed ill. So I agreed to send George the money through Western Union. He was profusely grateful. But before I hung up I asked George, “Why are you coming to me?” He said, “I have no one else to ask.” Then he said something that astounded me, “Dinesh, you are like a brother to me.”
In fact, as D’Souza points out, George’s actual brother is “a multimillionaire and the most powerful man in the world” who talks repeatedly about our obligation to be our brother’s keeper:
Yet he has not contributed a penny to help his own brother. And evidently George does not believe, even in times of emergency, that he can turn to his brother in the White House for help.
So much for spreading the wealth around.
more

Dreams From My Father, Calls From My Brother - By Mark Steyn - The Corner - National Review Online

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Apparently all the 'conservative yappers' and Faux News are running from Dinesh ...............

Dinesh D’Souza’s latest book, America: Imagine the World Without Her, comes out next month. But for now, it seems America will have to imagine a world without D’Souza.

The fundamentalist Christian author and commentator today pled guilty to charges that he violated campaign finance laws while campaigning for failed Republican Senate candidate Wendy Long in 2012; he could serve up to sixteen months in prison.

Reuters reports that D’Souza, who served in the Reagan administration as a public policy advisor, had been indicted on charges of using straw donors to channel funds to Long’s floundering campaign, something he had strenuously denied until this morning.

It’s merely the latest in a chain of controversies plaguing D’Souza’s career. Revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair forced his resignation as president of King’s College, an evangelical Christian school based in New York City, two years ago. Despite the scandal, he continued to promote himself — and his belief in the debunked idea that America was founded as a “Christian nation.”

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-se...entator-pleads-guilty-to#sthash.LYm6Flvw.sfju

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Apparently all the 'conservative yappers' and Faux News are running from Dinesh ...............

Dinesh D’Souza’s latest book, America: Imagine the World Without Her, comes out next month. But for now, it seems America will have to imagine a world without D’Souza.

The fundamentalist Christian author and commentator today pled guilty to charges that he violated campaign finance laws while campaigning for failed Republican Senate candidate Wendy Long in 2012; he could serve up to sixteen months in prison.

Reuters reports that D’Souza, who served in the Reagan administration as a public policy advisor, had been indicted on charges of using straw donors to channel funds to Long’s floundering campaign, something he had strenuously denied until this morning.

It’s merely the latest in a chain of controversies plaguing D’Souza’s career. Revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair forced his resignation as president of King’s College, an evangelical Christian school based in New York City, two years ago. Despite the scandal, he continued to promote himself — and his belief in the debunked idea that America was founded as a “Christian nation.”

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-se...entator-pleads-guilty-to#sthash.LYm6Flvw.sfju

And WHY do you think he was charged??? HMMM???

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Because he broke the law. He plead guilty.

Absolutely. And he deserves any punishment he gets.

At the same time:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/n...-criticism-spurred-straw-donor-case.html?_r=0

In normal times I would say "So what?". And consider any whinning way out of line.

But in an administration that jails a film maker simply to provide a cover for their own mishandling of a terrorist attack....

....in an administration which has the IRS target groups opposed to it, and does so without apology...

....in an administration that gives executive privilege to an Attorney General that ran guns to Mexican drug cartels for political purposes.....

You gotta wonder. Was he targeted??

If so, it is a MUCH worse crime than $20,000 to a political campaign.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

At the same time:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/n...-criticism-spurred-straw-donor-case.html?_r=0

In normal times I would say "So what?". And consider any whinning way out of line.

But in an administration that jails a film maker simply to provide a cover for their own mishandling of a terrorist attack....

....in an administration which has the IRS target groups opposed to it, and does so without apology...

....in an administration that gives executive privilege to an Attorney General that ran guns to Mexican drug cartels for political purposes.....

So, your logic is that if you oppose the current administration, you should be immune from prosecution?

OK, I agree. Be fun to watch.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What part of "he deserves any punishment he gets" did you fail to understand??
The part where it was a routine disclaimer followed by hysterical, drooling screaming on your favourite subject.

And I still support immunity for political operatives opposed to the current administration.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

At the same time:

So you still have a case of the Benghazis eh?

If you read the article, this guy was pretty ham-fisted about the whole thing, which is probably the main reason why he was caught. He initially tried to donate 10k, which is when he was given clear instructions on what the limits are. He then pretty much immediately went about trying to get around those limits.

I'm sure in many other cases it is harder to prove any sort of intent, but this case was open and shut.

changes nothing regarding barry.

What does your story change regarding Obama?

Is it common for half brothers who have come into contact with each other twice in their lives to take full responsibility for each other?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
What does your story change regarding Obama? Is it common for half brothers who have come into contact with each other twice in their lives to take full responsibility for each other?

don't be bitter bro. :lol:

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
don't be bitter bro. :lol:

So you are not even going to try to discuss the topic you started?

If you had a half brother that you met twice in your entire life, would you necessarily feel completely responsible for him?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
So you are not even going to try to discuss the topic you started?

If you had a half brother that you met twice in your entire life, would you necessarily feel completely responsible for him?

it's 2 years ago silly. get yourself together man. :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,