Castro To Be Keynote Speaker At Democratic Convention!

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- When I first saw the news headline that Castro was to be the keynote speaker at the Democratic convention in September, I was somewhat surprised.

- True, Fidel had announced his support of Obama some months ago but the retired Cuban dictator turned 86 last week and hasn't been seen, heard or read in Cuba for several weeks.

- Besides, why not a more contemporary crazed left wing dictator who has also pledged his support of Obama, namely Hugo Chavez of Venezuela?

- This also could tie in to further viscious attack ads on Romney such as one accusing Romney of causing Chavez' s cancer which would be no less fanciful than the current ad accusing Romney of causing the death by lung cancer of some woman whose husband used to work for some company in which a company Romney used to head had some stake.

- But then I read the rest of the story and learned that this Castro was actually 37 year old Julian Castro, the mayor of San Antonio, Texas and all became clear to me.

- After all, Obama is running out of well known and credible vizible minority Democrats on whom to bestow this honour of being the keynote speaker and Castro seems as suitable as any that are left.

- It could have been former black congressman Arturo Davis, once dubbed "The Obama of Alabama" who seconded Obama's nomination as president at the 2008 convention. But regrettably, Davis has deserted Obama in disgust and will speak at the GOP convention.

- Mere months ago it was rumoured that it might be popular Newark, NJ mayor Corey Brooker but Brooker made the fatal mistake (at least for a Democrat) of blurting out the truth that Obama's viscious smear campaign to divert Americans' attention from his record and make Romney's brilliant business career at Bain Capital into a negative thing was "nauseaous" so Brooker is toast to the Chicago mugs, thugs and slugs who are running the Obama campaign.

- This leaves Julian Castro who actually is a pretty good choice.

- Fidel will not be attending (although he would have fitted right in with some of the farthest left of the loons who will be attending).

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I enjoy posts like this.

I read part of a news story and completely misunderstood it. Nevertheless, I use that information to ramble on about my favorite pet peeve. Then, I'll discover what the story actually said, and use that information to further emphasize that, even though everything I just wrote is 100% incorrect, it's simply more proof to bolster my point.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
- When I first saw the news headline that Castro was to be the keynote speaker at the Democratic convention in September, I was somewhat surprised.

- True, Fidel had announced his support of Obama some months ago but the retired Cuban dictator turned 86 last week and hasn't been seen, heard or read in Cuba for several weeks.

- Besides, why not a more contemporary crazed left wing dictator who has also pledged his support of Obama, namely Hugo Chavez of Venezuela?

- This also could tie in to further viscious attack ads on Romney such as one accusing Romney of causing Chavez' s cancer which would be no less fanciful than the current ad accusing Romney of causing the death by lung cancer of some woman whose husband used to work for some company in which a company Romney used to head had some stake.

- But then I read the rest of the story and learned that this Castro was actually 37 year old Julian Castro, the mayor of San Antonio, Texas and all became clear to me.

- After all, Obama is running out of well known and credible vizible minority Democrats on whom to bestow this honour of being the keynote speaker and Castro seems as suitable as any that are left.

- It could have been former black congressman Arturo Davis, once dubbed "The Obama of Alabama" who seconded Obama's nomination as president at the 2008 convention. But regrettably, Davis has deserted Obama in disgust and will speak at the GOP convention.

- Mere months ago it was rumoured that it might be popular Newark, NJ mayor Corey Brooker but Brooker made the fatal mistake (at least for a Democrat) of blurting out the truth that Obama's viscious smear campaign to divert Americans' attention from his record and make Romney's brilliant business career at Bain Capital into a negative thing was "nauseaous" so Brooker is toast to the Chicago mugs, thugs and slugs who are running the Obama campaign.

- This leaves Julian Castro who actually is a pretty good choice.

- Fidel will not be attending (although he would have fitted right in with some of the farthest left of the loons who will be attending).

Well Romney and Ryan would have prison Warden from Debtors prisons- Oh yes that went out- But will make a comeback as they attack the poor and elderly.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
:):):) lordy, you should be writing for MAD magazine..

- beaker ... Growing up in the late 1950s and early 1960s when Mad Magazine was at the peak of its popularity (including with me), I take that as a compliment. Thanks much.

- Mind you, it is easy to write satirical stuff about the bizarre American political scene and the strange combination of left wing loons and thuggish Chicago chancers in the Democratic Party at the moment.

- For example, had I written a decade ago that the next president of the United States would be some guy who had no executive experience at all and no resume other than that of a community organizer, part time law lecturer and state senator and half term US senator then I would have been ridiculed as an idiot and rightly so.

Well Romney and Ryan would have prison Warden from Debtors prisons- Oh yes that went out- But will make a comeback as they attack the poor and elderly.

- Goober ... I can certainly see that you are, indeed, a "free thinker" and that we are getting what we pay for around here.