Which Companies Benefit From Food Stamps?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Video:

Which Companies Benefit From Food Stamps? - Yahoo!

Related:

Mike Krieger: Where Food Stamps Go to Die

We all know the economy sucks. We all know we are headed in the wrong direction. We all know our leaders are corrupt, immoral, greedy and violent. You don’t need me to tell you that. One thing that I have noticed recently while watching the financial markets is that despite the fact most stocks charts I pull up look awful, the major indices continue to hang in or grind higher. While it is not new news that a few large cap stocks are holding the major averages up, I want to focus on one in particular. Wal-Mart. Yes we all know Wal-Mart. Everyone has an opinion; whether you love it or hate it. In this instance, I’m not so much interested in the company itself, the stores or disturbing images of some of the people seen shopping there. No, in this case I want to take a look at the stock and ponder what it tells us about the state of affairs in both the U.S. and the global economy as a whole.
Wal-Mart’s stock is up 14% YTD, which is triple the return of the S&P 500. The stock also packs a dividend yield of 2.3%, so the total return is even better. In the last month or so the stock has become a real powerhouse as you can see in the chart below. Crushing any and all shorts under the weight of its rapid appreciation.

more

Mike Krieger: Where Food Stamps Go to Die | ZeroHedge

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Here in my area there is going to be a informational seminar for Seniors to explain how Food Stamps distribution and their level of income may just allow them to also file to receive this type of assistance. In this context I see no problem. But about 20% of the residents of the county I reside in are also collecting them plus any other free handout they can identify. Now, that is becoming a costly problem. Some are now third generation living on the Public Dole and think this is their place in life. Something has to be done get these folks motivated about doing something besides sitting around all day long.