‘Not Fair to Be White’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
See the Unbelievable New Campaign Sponsored by the University of Minnesota-Duluth

Here’s a pop quiz: What do we usually call unsubstantiated assumptions about someone’s class, or position in life, based upon the color of their skin?

That’s right, racism. And that appears to be what Campus Reform has uncovered at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, which is sponsoring an ad campaign whose core message is very difficult to distinguish from undiluted racism. Watch the ad below if you don’t believe us, and if that doesn’t convince you, keep reading:

Unfair Campaign PSA - YouTube

Here is what Campus Reform has to say about the ad campaign:

The University of Minnesota – Duluth (UMD) is now sponsoring an ad-campaign designed to achieve “racial justice” by raising awareness of “white privilege.”

The project disseminates its message, that “society was setup for us [whites]“ and as such is ”unfair,” through an aggressive campaign of online videos, billboards, and lectures. The ads feature a number of Caucasians confessing their guilt for the supposed “privilege” that comes along with their fair features.[...]

“You give me better jobs, better pay, better treatment, and a better chance – all because of the color of my skin,” reads one poster that features a close shot of a Caucasian male.

The Un-Fair campaign also held a series of lectures and events on campus last semester. One included a presentation by Tim Wise, author of Dear White America. In his book, Wise confesses a “longstanding fantasy” where he turns to a man with a “God Bless the USA” button and asks him, “why can’t you just get over it?”

more

Un-Fair Campaign Partners With University of Minnesota at Duluth to Spread Stereotypes About ‘White Privilege’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
This is typical of college leftist angst. They just can not help themselves, they HAVE to blame anyone and everyone for just about anything.

This reminds me of a Social Psychology class I had to take as an undergraduate. The Professor asked us to describe what we considered as a great lasting experience as children.

I described fishing and hunting with my step-father during the winters in Northern California, when it was impossible to log in the woods because of the weather (this was in the 1950's, before helicopter logging, etc.).

The Prof went off on a diatribe about how unfair it was that society would deny a man work for months at a time, and how this was emblematic of our sick society!

I interrupted him by saying loudly, "That's pure bull****". He made more money in the 8-9 months that he could work, than any College Professor made in a year; that he looked forward to his winter break; that he drew unemployment during that period, plus he had saved money all year; and that the Prof didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

It was about that time that I figured out that the vast majority of College Professors had no real experience with life, and that they truly expected all of their students to become sheep, just like them.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Those damn lefties!!!