MSM finally begins to spoon-feed it's viewers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The news that the House Oversight Committee will vote next week on whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, for refusing to turn over subpoenaed documents in the Fast and Furious investigation, was met with silence from the Big Three (ABC, NBC, CBS) network news shows. There was no mention of the Holder hearings on Monday’s evening news shows or Tuesday’s morning shows.

The blackout of the Holder hearings continues a stunning trend. Since December 2010, when the Fast and Furious scandal first broke, there have been zero stories about the gunwalking scandal on NBC Nightly News and Today show. On ABC there was only one brief aired on Good Morning America. Only CBS has truly covered the story, mainly due to the work of one reporter, Sharyl Attkisson. Since Attkisson broke the gunwalking story, there have been a total of 30 full stories and 1 brief aired on CBS’s Evening News and This Morning programs.

Curiously, Attkisson’s stories on the gunwalking scandal have screeched to a halt.

As Newsbusters reported yesterday, the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) network news shows have been stunningly slow to report on the Eric Holder hearings on the Fast and Furious scandal. NBC news hasn’t even reported once on the gunwalking controversy, until last night. On Tuesday’s NBC Nightly News, at the very end of her report, Kelly O’Donnell finally told viewers about “a failed operation that sent US guns into Mexico.” O’Donnell awkwardly attempted to explain the controversy, in 30 seconds, since no one on Nightly News or Today had previously done it.

The only other mention of the Holder hearings came on Wednesday’s edition of CBS's This Morning. ABC skipped the story entirely.

NBC News Finally Ends Its Blackout of Fast and Furious Scandal

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I tell you this Atty. Gen has some nerve and the security leaks from the White House are disgusting. These people are out of control. Giving guns to drug dealers and spreading info on things vital to National Security.

What do you expect from MSNBC and the so called "big 3"? It is no wonder why nobody watches them anymore.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I tell you this Atty. Gen has some nerve and the security leaks from the White House are disgusting. These people are out of control. Giving guns to drug dealers and spreading info on things vital to National Security.

What do you expect from MSNBC and the so called "big 3"? It is no wonder why nobody watches them anymore.

Security leaks are disgusting? I'm sorry, in my view, if the security of your country depends on your citizenry not knowing what the government is doing, then you are already doomed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Security leaks are disgusting? I'm sorry, in my view, if the security of your country depends on your citizenry not knowing what the government is doing, then you are already doomed.

Really? So no country should have any state secrets? And your country shares every bit of classified information with your fellow citizens?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
EagleSmack has it right. This entire system in Washington, DC is so corrupt it has even spread down into the DC City government and some are resigning and making plea deals to avoid long term sentencing. I am a Viet Nam era vet and don't tell me we don't censor the news. I saw it daily with those media rep's in that country having all of their reports scanned by MAC V before being sent home. And right now in this nation if you are big political threat you could just disappear of the face of this earth forever without ever leaving a trace.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Really? So no country should have any state secrets? And your country shares every bit of classified information with your fellow citizens?

Sure, troop movements don't need to be declared until after the fact, but the public should know what their military did after they did it. Private details of individuals need almost never be shared, those are not state secrets, they are an individual's privacy. No country should ever need to depend on their citizens not knowing reality. How can anyone ever beg to be kept in ignorance?

Canada does not share every bit of information, and it bothers me a great deal. I quite enraged at the ratification of ACTA, and now this NA-AP similar thing whose name eludes me at the moment. These treaties just go to show how governments abuse their ability to classify things as state secrets.

It is not possible to have an indirect democracy when you do not know what your government is doing. The only thing you can do in our indirect democracies is to vote people out of office, but if we do not know what they are doing how are we supposed to know to vote for the other guys?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I am a Viet Nam era vet and don't tell me we don't censor the news.

My god, the media has been censoring the news since time began. The 'media' went along with hiding Roosevelt's disability, so he wouldn't appear weak. They hid various Presidents' and Prime Ministers' philandering and drinking. That's what the media does, don't ever doubt it.

PM that's almost always drunk in the House of Commons? Or one that goes out at night trying to 'rescue' prostitutes? Or talks to dead people? Let's skim over those details....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sure, troop movements don't need to be declared until after the fact, but the public should know what their military did after they did it. Private details of individuals need almost never be shared, those are not state secrets, they are an individual's privacy. No country should ever need to depend on their citizens not knowing reality. How can anyone ever beg to be kept in ignorance?

Canada does not share every bit of information, and it bothers me a great deal. I quite enraged at the ratification of ACTA, and now this NA-AP similar thing whose name eludes me at the moment. These treaties just go to show how governments abuse their ability to classify things as state secrets.

It is not possible to have an indirect democracy when you do not know what your government is doing. The only thing you can do in our indirect democracies is to vote people out of office, but if we do not know what they are doing how are we supposed to know to vote for the other guys?

Oh so you are keeping SOME things still secret! If you were in charge YOU will decide what should be secret and when the information would be released.

Come now... Canadian troop movements should be broadcasted in the open including details of numbers. And ALL names should be released.

We can't have "state secrets" now can we?

LOL. That was too easy.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There will always be secrets, and there will always be leaks both from people who
don't like an administration and by the administration itself. The reason for the latter
is so the government can comment to clarify matters wink wink.
Corruption is something new in America? The administrations have always been
corrupt. Ever since America began they fought against oppression and empires
style governments until they became an empire of military superiority and now they
are in many cases the bullies they once condemned.
When the monetary system shakes out and it will in fairly short order Canada and
the US will be in just as bad a shape as Europe and China is also heading for a
day of reckoning because the system world wide is not sustainable. That is the real
story and the media is hiding that as well. Its a bigger story that the one listed here.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Oh so you are keeping SOME things still secret! If you were in charge YOU will decide what should be secret and when the information would be released.

Come now... Canadian troop movements should be broadcasted in the open including details of numbers. And ALL names should be released.

We can't have "state secrets" now can we?

LOL. That was too easy.

Yes, it is always easy when you miss the point and attack a straw man that you create.

Government gets to keep no secrets. Private details of persons are redacted. This is the very basic idea of democracy and civil rights.

You are the one disgusted with the fact that some people are educating you as to what your government is doing. You are the one begging to be kept in ignorance. I'm the one pointing it out.