Eric Holder: "I have superior knowledge"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
During a House Judiciary Committee oversight hearing Thursday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder argued that an alleged email between high ranking Justice Department officials referencing the failed gun-running operation Fast and Furious was inaccurate and cited his “superior knowledge” to make his case.

In one of the most revealing moments of testimony, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) pointed to an email written by Deputy Assistant Attorney General Jason Weinstein and pressed Holder to address the correspondence.

“You claim with passion that nobody at the senior levels at the Department of Justice prior to the death of Brian Terry knew that guns were walking, and I‘ve got an email from Jason Weinstein using the term ’guns walking,’” Chaffetz said.

“That refers to Wide Receiver, not Fast and Furious,” Holder replied.

Operations Wide Receiver, Medrano and Hernandez are all gun-walking initiatives carried out under former President George W. Bush. Holder referenced these cases multiple times throughout his testimony.

“That is not what the February 4 letter that was sent to the United States Congress said,” said Chaffetz. “That’s not true.”

But Holder didn’t relent and went on to say the letter was determined to be inaccurate and repeated that the email referred only to Wide Receiver. So Chaffetz read the letter verbatim to Holder and Committee members.

“The email says Fast and Furious, you say it doesn’t. I’ve got it in black and white,” Chaffetz said.

Holder shortly later asserted, “I have superior knowledge.”

You can watch Chaffetz dress down Holder here:

Holder Claims Emails Have Nothing To Do With Fast & Furious Despite Emails Citing Fast & Furious - YouTube

more here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/i-h...volvement-in-fast-furious-dismisses-evidence/

Oh, and...

Brace Yourself: Holder Claims Emails Using Words “Fast and Furious” Don’t Refer to Operation Fast and Furious

Attorney General Eric Holder claimed during congressional testimony today that internal Justice Department emails that use the phrase “Fast and Furious” do not refer to the controversial gun-walking operation Fast and Furious.

Under questioning from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who read excerpts of the emails at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Justice Department oversight, Holder claimed that the phrase “Fast and Furious” did not refer to Fast and Furious but instead referred to another gun-walking operation known as “Wide Receiver.”

more laffs here

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/hol...st-and-furious-don-t-refer-operation-fast-and

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What "failed gun-running operation Fast and Furious"????

As a gun-running operation, Fast and Furious was a smashing success.

It kinda flopped as a law enforcement operation though.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Stay tuned folks. The "Flip and Flop" routine is just beginning. If you can't out talk them then try to double talk them. Holder speaks out of both sides of his mouth almost simultaneously. May he has a forked tongue too?