Penn Jillette Rips Obama On Drug 'Hypocrisy'

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed. I'm really surprised at how he has turned out on this issue in particular. When I read his book I was surprised that he admitted to doing drugs. He wrote it years before going into politics. I figured that because he was being honest about his past he'd be able to be different from his predecessors. Its a waste of money to lock people up for these crimes. Drug dealers who kill people are one thing. Users-that just makes no sense.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Agreed. I'm really surprised at how he has turned out on this issue in particular. When I read his book I was surprised that he admitted to doing drugs. He wrote it years before going into politics. I figured that because he was being honest about his past he'd be able to be different from his predecessors. Its a waste of money to lock people up for these crimes. Drug dealers who kill people are one thing. Users-that just makes no sense.
Just proves to me that he is not the one calling the shots. He is just another puppet of the ruling class.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just proves to me that he is not the one calling the shots. He is just another puppet of the ruling class.

Which makes me wonder if he was sincere or not during his campaign. Is he incapable of making things change, or did he just flat out lie to everyone?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Which makes me wonder if he was sincere or not during his campaign. Is he incapable of making things change, or did he just flat out lie to everyone?
All politicians tell voters what they think they want to hear so they can get into office. What people didn't realize is that they were so desperate to get rid of the Republicans that they were willing to buy into any BS. Elections are about advertising and advertising is all BS without substance (I know, I was in the ad racket much of my working life).