Sharpton’s 2004 campaign owes nearly $1 million to creditors and federal government

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
MSNBC’s Al Sharpton is reeling in debt and back taxes.

The liberal provocateur owes nearly $1 million to creditors and the federal government as a result of his failed bid for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination.

His campaign’s unpaid bills exceed $888,000, according to federal filings.

It is unclear why Sharpton has not paid his creditors. He does not lack for income.

Sharpton has his own primetime talk show on liberal network MSNBC, a platform he used to drive the Trayvon Martin shooting story that rocked the nation and led to the arrest of Democratic neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman.

In August 2011, Sharpton took over the 6 p.m. slot from Keith Olbermann, who earned more than $4 million per year working in the same slot at the network. Sharpton also drew a $240,000 salary from his nonprofit group, National Action Network, in 2011 even as the group racked up nearly $1 million in unpaid federal payroll taxes, interest, and penalties.

more, more, more

More Money, More Problems | Washington Free Beacon

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
You're just a racist confusing the public with facts and trying to draw attention away from Trayvon.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I wonder just how much he owes his Church and Congregation? Oh, I forgot. Like Jesse Jackson his side kick he doesn't have a Church or a Degree in Theology either. But he does have his hand out every day seeking donations.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I wonder just how much he owes his Church and Congregation? Oh, I forgot. Like Jesse Jackson his side kick he doesn't have a Church or a Degree in Theology either. But he does have his hand out every day seeking donations.
And he differs from all the other shyster TV evangelist, black and white, how?

Looks to me like a bunch of finger pointing from the usual suspects trying to divert attention away from their side.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
And he differs from all the other shyster TV evangelist, black and white, how?

Looks to me like a bunch of finger pointing from the usual suspects trying to divert attention away from their side.

Been looking for a place to use this...... :)