A few words from Bill Maher

Locutus
Although this dude can practice self justification and self righteousness with the best of those on the right, but is still a ****, there is something both (all) sides can maybe take away and chew on.

Read his NYTimes Op-Ed piece here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/op...zing.html?_r=2

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Agreed. Im sure the vast majority of public apologies arent sincere and are useless.

eh1eh
That damn left.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

That damn left.

Left. Right. I like to sit in the centre and watch them all implode.

Praxius
Free Thinker
+2
Quote:

This week, President Obama’s chief political strategist, David Axelrod, described Mitt Romney’s constant advertising barrage in Illinois as a “Mittzkrieg,” and instantly the Republican Jewish Coalition was outraged and called out Mr. Axelrod’s “Holocaust and Nazi imagery” as “disturbing.” Because the message of “Mittzkrieg” was clear: Kill all the Jews.....

Really?

It's a relation to "Blitzkrieg"
Blitzkrieg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"describing all-motorised force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on."

It's a military tactic and has no relation to killing Jewish people.... fk'n morons.... if you're going to get pissed off about something, make sure you're getting pissed off for the right reasons..... how any of that relates to "Kill all the Jews" is retarded.... and retarded people can take offense all they want.

I suppose anything German is an automatic relation to the Holocaust, so let's just put a black square of tape over Germany on all our maps and avoid speaking anything relating to Germany or its people ever again.... cuz it's all about the Holocaust.

Maher is right..... people are idiots and get riled up over anything that they can think might offend them or offend someone else.

DaSleeper
Tut tut, We all know that only those on the left have the right to offend or be offended....

petros
What is left/right? A rightie in Canada is so far left they are almost Bolsheviks. Soooooo WTF? Enough already!

earth_as_one
Bill Maher: "I don’t want to live in a country where no one ever says anything that offends anyone. That’s why we have Canada."....

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Bill Maher: "I don’t want to live in a country where no one ever says anything that offends anyone. That’s why we have Canada."....

Ya, I saw that too..... he's an american.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Ya, I saw that too..... he's an american.

He's a comedian. He was just making fun of the myth that we are such nice, pleasant, polite people. If he read these forums, he would know it isn't true.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
This is just the right attempting to justify Rush Limbaugh's bigotry. "Look." they say, "there is someone who is just as outrageous as Limbaugh. Therefore, everything Limbaugh says is OK." The problem is, Maher is a good deal more clever than Limbaugh, much more informed, and he really doesn't give a damn if the right wingers he insults are offended as that was his intention in the first place. And then there is the fact that unlike Limbaugh he doesn't have to invent "facts." He just lets the stupidity of the right provide him with material.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Bill has become an icon because with all his nonsense he does have something intelligent to say
as opposed to Rush who has never said anything intelligent. The Americans use right and left to
define themselves really because they are afraid of anything they don't understand including, yes
themselves. Canadians use left and right as a reference point and Americans use it as the over
all propaganda point. If you just act afraid and react negatively then you don't have to think about
what was said as it were.
I hear right and left in Canada and I am interested in what both sides have to say most of the time
in America I hear left and right, I wait for the message that comes to a predetermined outcome.

Highball
Bill Maher speaks Gibberish very well. I wonder how his Swahili comes across?

mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

That damn left.

The correct term is leftoid, apparently.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Annoying little mouthpiece, but sometimes he's funny.

Praxius
Free Thinker
"I don’t want to live in a country where no one ever says anything that offends anyone. That’s why we have Canada. That’s not us......"

I Find that Offensive!

Seriously he never heard of Don Cherry, most of our comedians, many members in these forums, or many of the things our poloticians spew from time to time?

Guess we haven't been playing our A Game...... time to step it up.
Last edited by Praxius; Mar 26th, 2012 at 08:13 PM..

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
It is surprising the way he thinks of Canada after we shipped Jim Carey, Celine Dion and Justin Bieber to the US. You'd think they'd think we were full of annoying people.

B00Mer
Libertarian

oh all you haters...

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
Bill Maher is hilarious.

Praxius
Free Thinker
Hey I like em

no new posts