Chris Rock Attacks Conservative Author Over Tea Party Question

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That's right, a question. A question. :lol:

The New York Times bestselling author of the explosive new book, Hollywood Hypocrites: The Devastating Truth About Obama’s Biggest Backers, Jason Mattera, had his crew’s camera snatched and hurled by comedian Chris Rock when he asked the star why he has called the Tea Party racist.

“I was stunned,” said Mr. Mattera in an exclusive interview with Big Hollywood. “Tea Party members get called the worst things imaginable and still remain peaceful. But ask a big Hollywood celebrity to explain himself and the guy goes ballistic, wrestles the camera away from my camerawoman, chucks it 50 feet, and then challenges me to a fight. It’s unreal. And it perfectly illustrates why I decided to investigate and writeHollywood Hypocrites.”

The confrontation, which took place around 2:00 a.m. on January 23, 2012, at Spike Lee’s Sundance Film Festival after party at Tao night club, ended with Chris Rock challenging the conservative author to a fight, says Mr. Mattera:

“Chris Rock shouted, ‘You want to throw down? Let’s throw down right now!’ Of course, he was standing safely behind two bodyguards when he said it.”

more

EXCLUSIVE: Chris Rock Attacks Conservative Author Over Tea Party Question

Chris Rock Attacks Camera After Tea Party Question - YouTube

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ridiculous.

The guy went after Chris Rock in a blatant attempt to get told to "**** off" and therefore sell a couple of more books. Instead Rock attacked them.....well, that is assault.......but they were BEGGING for it.

The little escapade with Ford is EXACTLY the same thing, trolling for trouble. Ford, btw, did NOT attack her, which is the ONLY difference.

Both trolls of the worst kind.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The condemnation of free speech from the usual suspects is hilarious.

Chris Rock should have mentioned he hated muslims, then we would have everybody on board.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Ridiculous.

The guy went after Chris Rock in a blatant attempt to get told to "**** off" and therefore sell a couple of more books. Instead Rock attacked them.....well, that is assault.......but they were BEGGING for it.

The little escapade with Ford is EXACTLY the same thing, trolling for trouble. Ford, btw, did NOT attack her, which is the ONLY difference.

Both trolls of the worst kind.

Well, Ford also wasn't asked "I'm a big fan. ... Can I get a picture with you," when what they have is a video camera. The person interviewing Ford, was making it obvious that it was not serious, and this guy trying to interview Rock was plainly lying from the start. Ford also wasn't being blocked from getting away.

But deciding the next best thing from getting away is to take the camera away from the camera man... not sure if that is a good idea, but I don't have paparazzi breathing down my neck.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The condemnation of free speech from the usual suspects is hilarious.

Chris Rock should have mentioned he hated muslims, then we would have everybody on board.

Both were trolling hoping for a news worthy response - They both got what they wanted. Not hard to see that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I like the usual suspects' defence of the ford ambush over the other one.....tipical ideologue thinking:roll:

Why did I know my post would get this reaction?...;-)

I guess Colpy answered it best......

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I like the usual suspects' defence of the ford ambush over the other one.....tipical ideologue thinking:roll:

Why did I know my post would get this reaction?...;-)

I guess Colpy answered it best......

Could you clarify what you are even talking about? I don't see anybody defending one over the other. Everybody seems to agree that both people behaved like idiots, but for different reasons and in different ways.

I ask you to clarify because I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise you just seem eager to project your own prejudices onto other people.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Could you clarify what you are even talking about? I don't see anybody defending one over the other. Everybody seems to agree that both people behaved like idiots, but for different reasons and in different ways.

I ask you to clarify because I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise you just seem eager to project your own prejudices onto other people.

Maybe I'm missreading posts 2, 4, 6 & 7....????

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Maybe I'm missreading posts 2, 4, 6 & 7....????

I don't see why you wouldn't consider the word "ambush" to denote that the person is being unnecessarily agressive. Agression which might lead to someone calling the police... That is how I interpreted it. I mean, saying somebody goes around ambushing people certainly isn't praise.

I don't see TenPenny doing anything but ignoring the Ford post as a red herring, and similarly for mentalfloss.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Of course, you know what they say, opinions are like anuses... well, something along those lines. As I said, I just wanted to know why you saw it that way. Thanks.

Yup... and everyone thinks the other guy's stinks more than his...:lol:

My favorite is...

Do not condemn the opinion of another...
We might both be wrong....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's not a problem. It's the ones who think theirs doesn't stink at all! lol