Gingrich says Obama "surrendered" by apologizing to Afghans

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said President Obama "surrendered" Thursday when he apologized to the Afghan government for the burning of several Qurans at an American military base near Kabul.

Referring to the burning of "radical Islamic material" that included the Qurans, the former House speaker said the situation had been "blown into a huge incident by various fanatics in Afghanistan." He told a crowd gathered at a campaign rally at the Bing Crosby Theater that while the president had apologized for the burning, he had not called on the Afghan government to issue an apology for the deaths of two NATO soldiers who were killed by a man wearing an Afghan army uniform during increasingly violent protests of the desecration of the Muslim holy book.

"There seems to be nothing that radical Islamists can do to get Barack Obama's attention in a negative way," Gingrich said, "and he is consistently apologizing to people who do not deserve the apology of the president of the United States, period."

more

Gingrich says Obama "surrendered" by apologizing to Afghans - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol “I think one of the great problems we have in the Republican party is that we don’t encourage you to be nasty. We encourage you to be neat, obedient, and loyal and faithful and all those Boy Scout words.”
~Newt Gingrich
That's it Noot, smear and promote hatred for anyone you don't like.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm hoping this Cracker will pack it up and head back to Pea Nut land soon. He isn't even a qualified candidate for dog catcher.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
But I hear the Newt likes to follow his dick around and poke anything that stands still long enough.

Well that little feature alone should make him more than qualified for the highest job below the 49th if the behaviour of his predecessors is any judge.

I couldn't care less about his pecadillos but his idiotic ravings make the rest of the bunch look positively Rhodes Scholarly by comparison. Brother; Ron Paul looks better and better every day to me.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
But I hear the Newt likes to follow his dick around and poke anything that stands still long enough.

But he confesses afterwards so it is OK. Not like a democrat that says "so what"
Much the same as it is OK for a republican controlled government to deal millions of dollars of coke but not ok for a democrat to have a toke.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
obama did the right thing... and this why grinch (what i call him) won't even be vist persident or president there was no need to brun there book knowing what they would do... that like someone burning well the usa flag)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think Obama did the right thing in this instance it was not sanctioned by the Government but
people there were acting in a role of government paid for by government. It clearly demonstrates
how arrogant the Republican nominees are to think they can just insult people in their own nation
and not be accountable. I have lots of problems with the way the Muslims behave but the act
was stupid and not necessary, done by bigots.
I also think the Afghans should apologize to the Americans for the people who behaved like
savages. This is the twenty first century. People have a right to be outraged but they don't have
a right to commit murder over the burning of a book.