RPT-Obama's slogan: looking to replace Hope and Change

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I guess the unwashed can get tired of all that hope'n'change stuff after a time eh. ;-)

WASHINGTON, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Winning The Future. Greater Together. We Don't Quit.

They may not be official but those are all phrases that could in one form or another be candidates to become President Barack Obama's re-election slogan.

Advisers say a fresh slogan to replace the winning "Change we can believe in" mantra of 2008, is unlikely to appear before Obama knows who his Republican opponent will be and starts big campaign travel swings, likely in the spring or summer.

His campaign posters now say simply, "Obama 2012."

more exciting details:

RPT-Obama's slogan: looking to replace Hope and Change | Reuters

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Of course the posters would read Obama 1012 he is the President and he will be
after the election as well. The Republicans have made a mess out their race for
the White House and people are amazed at how ignorant they can be.
Obama has watched as the congress self destructed. They had to back down on
the latest initiatives from the White House as well or the average guy would end up
with a tax hike. The Tea Party folks are going to have the tables turned and the
President will see improvement right before the vote. Republicans are done like
dinner

JBG

Nominee Member
Aug 8, 2005
NYC Area
The Republicans have made a mess out their race for
the White House and people are amazed at how ignorant they can be.****Republicans are done like
dinner
Way too early to decide that. And I have hope for change - in the White House - in November. Obama is a disgrace.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Way too early to decide that. And I have hope for change - in the White House - in November. Obama is a disgrace.

And who the heck would you rather see in office? The Republicans are plain idiots and every day they're pizing people off more and more. This whole birth control thing is a prime example of the stupidity of the party.

So who would work instead of Obama?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Can't say as I'm impressed by Obama's performance but the gang of putzes running for the Repubs makes Obama look like gold. Hell Peewee Herman looks better than any of that lot. (and Walter, in advance for the neg rep, lick me!)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Can't say as I'm impressed by Obama's performance but the gang of putzes running for the Repubs makes Obama look like gold. Hell Peewee Herman looks better than any of that lot. (and Walter, in advance for the neg rep, lick me!)

Romney's got some serious potential if he can outwit Obama, but it's still a long shot, imo.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Kinda reminds of Bush's "it's hard work ..." which he used as an excuse for his failed wars. But it worked to get him reelected.

I believe that had more to do with his opponent's lack of charisma than anything Bush actually did. Had the Democrats had a better candidate, Bush would not have been re-elected. I see a lot of parallels between that election and this one, just flipped. Obama hasn't done a great job but the Republicans won't have a strong candidate.

JBG

Nominee Member
Aug 8, 2005
NYC Area
I believe that had more to do with his opponent's lack of charisma than anything Bush actually did. Had the Democrats had a better candidate, Bush would not have been re-elected. I see a lot of parallels between that election and this one, just flipped. Obama hasn't done a great job but the Republicans won't have a strong candidate.
Not really. Obama appeals only to the hard left and certain, not all, racial minorities. What got him in was the economic "perfect storm" of fall 2008. That's it.

The states that put Bush over the top in 2004 that went for Obama in 2008 will swing back. Those are Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida. Other of those states may stay or go back, such as Colorado but that won't make a difference. That's if Romney gets the G.O.P. nod, that is.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
My take is that Obama was originally successful in garnering the vote from demographics that traditionally did not get out and vote en masse. The question will now be, can he maintain support from that demo or will these folks punish him for his inability to deliver 'hope and change'.

I will not be surprised if the very same mechanism that got him elected will result in his removal from office regardless of who the Reps put in the front seat.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
IdRatherBeSkiing; said:

Kerry had his merits but the Democrats allowed him to get slandered by Swift Boating liars. As always, Republicans tell lies, slander and insult Dems but the Dems respond by kissing ass instead of fighting back. Such political sissiness just doesn't work but those idiots Democrats won't learn.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The current President still is an outstanding Speaker and that ability is one big contributor to his popularity. BUT... Work Perfomance Reports indicate his efforts at the podium are the only thing working well.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The current President still is an outstanding Speaker and that ability is one big contributor to his popularity. BUT... Work Perfomance Reports indicate his efforts at the podium are the only thing working well.

As long as the teleprompter guy doesn't f uck up:smile:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Republicans are done like
dinner

When have I heard that before? 2008 perhaps?

That is pretty much it in a nutshell. If there was a Clinton "like" candidate up against Bush in his second term I am sure Bush would have lost. However all they could manage was another liberal bozo from my beloved home state of Massachusetts... John Kerry. This GOP lineup doesn't seem so promising.

I think Obama will get his second term. I also see the Democrats losing control of Congress entirely during his second term mid-term elections. I see the Congress staying split in this November Elections... Democrats retain the Senate majority and the GOP retains the House of Reps.

BUT... one thing I do know... if the Republicans do end up winning the Presidency this November they will be accused of stealing the election.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Obama has spent his time wisely cleaning up the mess the Bush administration made.
Bush, pushed on with deregulation and allowed the international business world to
dominate the agenda. Banks and financial investment companies ran wild and the
energy companies such as his friends at Enron became the symbol of corruption
The Republicans, caused the crash that almost sent us into a massive depression.

Obama has by and large dodged the financial bullets and now there is a chance to
turn this around. If the class of clowns, any one of them gets elected and America will be
laughed into oblivion. The other nations won't have to attack the US they will watch with
interest while the American people do that themselves.

The problem for the Republicans is this plain and simple, all the serious heavy weights
are sitting on the sidelines waiting for 2016 because they know Obama will likely win
in November. The economy is turning around the the religious nut cases are running
the GOP along with the cavemen, ah, the Tea Party. People in the mainstream of the
Republicans know the steam is going to run out of the teabag movement. They are a
one trick pony that has been outmaneuvered by the White House. The only redeeming
factor for the US Congress is all the village idiots are out of their respectful towns and
cities, and they are vacationing in Washington on taxpayers money.

The election was decided a while back when the serious economic conservatives sat on
the side lines and prepared to enjoy the entertainment and laughs like the rest of us.
I have never seen such a slate of losers in my life all seeking the opportunity to be
absolutely humiliated next fall.