Ban aborted fetuses in food, OK Senator (R)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
A Republican state senator from Oklahoma City introduced a bill Tuesday that would ban the use of aborted human fetuses in food, despite conceding that he's unaware of any company using such a practice.
Okla. Senator Wants Ban on Human Fetuses in Food - ABC News
8O Who thinks of this stuff???? He read it online somewhere, really that's it... we have crackpots on this forum...job opportunities! 8O

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It has been said the republicans eat their own. After watching some of the leadership debates, I can see how that would be a perception. Perhaps that is what started this silly stuff.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There was an old movie once called The Russians are Coming the Russians are Coming.
This election season we will see the cry The Republicans Are Coming.
These people are nothing more than fear mongers and alarmists, and they are out of touch
with reality guided or should I say misguided by social activists within the religious community.
Before I am too hard on the Republicans alone, On the other side we have the lefties who
preach about the environment where all the trees are rotting in the forest and the birds are all
dropping and the bees are leaving etc.

What we have is special interest groups preaching the perils of everything and the people who
should be informing themselves are watching Entertainment Tonight not realizing they are missing
a true life spectacle of the absurd.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
A Republican state senator from Oklahoma City introduced a bill Tuesday that would ban the use of aborted human fetuses in food, despite conceding that he's unaware of any company using such a practice.
Okla. Senator Wants Ban on Human Fetuses in Food - ABC News
8O Who thinks of this stuff???? He read it online somewhere, really that's it... we have crackpots on this forum...job opportunities! 8O

Yeah, I was just saying the other day they really should stop doing that.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Just another example of politicians playing to special interest. Nothing new here.

And just what 'special interest group' would that be, Cannuck? Fetuses for Healthy Food? Really, what group can you name that supports or opposes the use of aborted fetuses in food? :roll:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
And just what 'special interest group' would that be, Cannuck? Fetuses for Healthy Food? Really, what group can you name that supports or opposes the use of aborted fetuses in food? :roll:

One would have to ask the logical question: did you read the article?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

he obviously found a small contingent of conspiracy theorists online who think corporations are willing to feed us fetuses somehow...so I suppose that would be the special interest group to which he's catering.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
From the article:

Shortey said he discovered suggestions online that some companies use embryonic stem cells to develop artificial flavors, but added that he is unaware of any Oklahoma companies doing such research.
In an e-mail to The Associated Press, U.S. Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Pat El-Hinnawy said: "FDA is not aware of this particular concern."
The executive director of the anti-abortion group Oklahomans for Life, which has successfully pushed some of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the country through the state's GOP-controlled Legislature, also said he had never heard of human fetuses being used in food research."

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What we have is special interest groups preaching the perils of everything and the people who
should be informing themselves are watching Entertainment Tonight not realizing they are missing
a true life spectacle of the absurd.
Yep.

Yeah, I was just saying the other day they really should stop doing that.
lol You purist, you.

he obviously found a small contingent of conspiracy theorists online who think corporations are willing to feed us fetuses somehow...so I suppose that would be the special interest group to which he's catering.
lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

lol Karrie, I hope that's not catering in the literal sense!

Turning a shade of (soylent) green just thinking about that. ;)

lol You purist, you.

Hey, you are what you eat, man.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
9/11 nutters, "We live in a Police State" nutters, and Fetus's in food nutters, all fall under the Nutter special interest group.