2012 South Carolina Primary Race Results Tonight

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012/south-carolina-primary-jan-21

The winner of the GOP Primarys will be the one that takes on Obama this fall

Only four left who will it be?

Newt Gingrich

Ron Paul

Mitt Romney

Rick Santorum

Would it be proper for me to wonder who up here really gives a sh*t?

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Would it be proper for me to wonder who up here really gives a sh*t?

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

If Newt does well watch as the party keeps on destroying the other candidates during the primaries. Thta will do Obama's work for himNewt put Obama's election platform on the his own table - Fighting for the middle class. Then he is n Dems turf.

If Jobs are still on the upswing up to the election and gas is below 4$ a gallon - Obama is in.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

If Newt does well watch as the party keeps on destroying the other candidates during the primaries. Thta will do Obama's work for himNewt put Obama's election platform on the his own table - Fighting for the middle class. Then he is n Dems turf.

If Jobs are still on the upswing up to the election and gas is below 4$ a gallon - Obama is in.

If I were a Republican, I would look at becoming friends with the oil companies and see what we could do about the price of gas.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

If I were a Republican, I would look at becoming friends with the oil companies and see what we could do about the price of gas.

You think the price of gas should be regulated by politicians?

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

It is the Saudis who can decide the price of gas.

It is the Saudis who can decide the price of gas.

George Jones The race is on - YouTube

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2
Of the bunch, I like Paul as he seems to be a bit libertarian, paleo-conservative.
Gingrich seems to be a less subtle and cruder version of Cheney.
Romney makes me wonder if he has a character.
Santorum is a shill for some Christian fundie cult.

Goober
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Of the bunch, I like Paul as he seems to be a bit libertarian, paleo-conservative.

Exit polls by news are calling for Newt to upset Romney. But wait and see.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation

But wait and see.

There's no other choice.

Goober
Free Thinker

Ron Paul - And he would gut social services.

In Between Man
Free Thinker
+2
Of the bunch, I like Gingrich as he seems to be the only one who, if he got the nomination, won't call BHO a "decent guy" while campaigning like John McCain did.
Santorum has the right ideas but not as much experience as the top job would demand.
Paul would be a reasonable choice but is also a 9/11 truther.
Romney's a Mormon. Never.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

Of the bunch, I like Gingrich as he seems to be the only one who, if he got the nomination, won't call BHO a "decent guy" while campaigning like John McCain did.
Santorum has the right ideas but not as much experience as the top job would demand.

Ah religion interfering with best choice. Not like he is going to preach now is it.

In Between Man
Free Thinker
+1
Gingrich just won South Carolina!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation

Ron Paul - And he would gut social services.

He isn`t above compromise, though. Unlike hardened Reps or Dems, he can and will listen to other views.

In Between Man
Free Thinker

Ah religion interfering with best choice. Not like he is going to preach now is it.

I don't want the President to preach because that's not his job!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation

Goats have more ethics and morals. But he is a smooth talker.

What is the primary purpose of a political leader? To build a majority. If voters care about parking lots, then talk about parking lots.
Newt Gingrich

Funny, I thought the primary purpose of a political leader is to represent the people. If he`s good at it, then logically, he should be rewarded with a majority. If he sucks at it, majority or not he`s failed the people.

You can't trust anybody with power.
Newt Gingrich

You have to give the press confrontations. When you give them confrontations, you get attention; when you get attention, you can educate.
Newt Gingrich

Well, either educate or propagandize or con.

Gingrich just won South Carolina!

uhoh Well, at least I don`t think Gingrich will sermonize like Santorum and maybe Romney would. Gingrich has no basis to preach from without being a hypocrite.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Goats have more ethics and morals. But he is a smooth talker.

uhoh Well, at least I don`t think Gingrich will sermonize like Santorum and maybe Romney would. Gingrich has no basis to preach from without being a hypocrite.

It really doesn't matter who wins, Obama's victory is sealed. The newt will make a bunch of noise and go down to defeat as planned. The bigots will have another 4 years to suck their thumbs and whine.

In Between Man
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The bigots will have another 4 years to suck their thumbs and whine.

Are all Conservatives bigots?

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2
And not one of them can beat Obama, this looks more like the Marx Brothers in comedy
than a serious group of candidates for a Presidential election.
Someone should tell the Republican Party Halloween is over

Goober
Free Thinker

I don't want the President to preach because that's not his job!

You are against Romney because he is Mormon?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Are all Conservatives bigots?

Just the ones who have an irrational hatred of Obama. I know a lot of them hide behind political BS, but the fact is, it took Bush 8 years to trash the economy and it took one month to start trashing Obama for not fixing the mess, which is why I say, the Obama bashers are bigots. It has nothing to do with the job he is or isn't doing.

US politics are a three ring circus, brought to you by big oil, Big Pharma and Big Auto. It really matters little who or what party wins, they are all the same, all dancing to the same puppet masters. Obama is just a darker shade of Bush. Newt is a nobody without a prayer because the powers that be know that black man in office will keep the bigots busy chasing ghosts while the puppet masters pick their pockets.

You. personally, are blinded by your fundamental religious beliefs and have no real comprehension of politics. That is why slime buckets like Santorum keep mouthing words to mesmerize you with god nonsense that he doesn't even believe. Sucking in the suckers is all he is doing. Newt is playing his role to ensure an Obama victory.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
Good God, I can't believe what I am seeing, Newt won South Carolina. Can you imagine?
The most morally reprehensible candidate won in an Evangelical State. This goes to
demonstrate the Hypocrisy of these people. God is to be obeyed unless our candidate is
is a conniving marital cheat who condemns people on the left while doing the same things
they do.
He had the well remembered oral sex episode
He condemned other for being immoral while doing the same things they were
He was critical of Fannie may and Freddie mac, while working for them and taking money from them.
No I am not against him because he is short on morals, but remember two decades ago he measured
everyone else on a Christian Morality Grid, one he can't measure up to himself. Just how gullible are
these people? I am not being insulting, I am asking a question.

Obama probably went to bed early, he can sleep so well. Obama knows if they put up Newt,
he can skip to the Oval Office in his smoking jacket and slippers. We don't even notice how bad
things are for the Republicans, because they are so dysfunctional we perceive their actions to be
normal. They can't even count the ballots properly and the wrong people get credit for a victory
they didn't win. I wonder if they were the same people counting the chads in Florida and Ohio?

They are a safety hazard for politics, you can't make so many mistakes and have any credibility
left. Wow I wonder how Walter will try to justify this? I am truly amazed that Newt was able to
win this, there are more hypocrites than I thought.

In Between Man
Free Thinker

You are against Romney because he is Mormon?

Yes.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
“Give the park police more ammo.”
Newt Gingrich, responding to a reporter who asked what to do about the homeless a few days after the police shot a homeless man in front of the White House.

Has the same amount of heart that Cheney has ...... 0

“The problem isn’t too little money in political campaigns, but not enough.”
Newt Gingrich on campaign finance reform.

So only the rich should campaign. Peachy.

“This is one of the great tragedies of the Bush administration. The more successful they’ve been at intercepting and stopping bad guys, the less proof there is that we’re in danger…. It’s almost like they should every once in a while have allowed an attack to get through just to remind us.”
Newt Gingrich, at a book talk in Huntington, NY, April 2008, saying that Republicans should allow terrorist attacks on American soil to remind us of the dangers in the world.

Yeah. The US public sure need reminding that there is such a thing as terrorism.

“She isn’t young enough or pretty enough to be the President’s wife.”
Newt Gingrich, talking about his first wife after divorcing her.

So he thinks the looks of the first lady has something to do with the presidency?

wow Now here's a family-oriented man:
“I read Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them and I found frightening pieces that related to…my own life.”
Newt Gingrich, talking about his problems with women.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Those open minded Evangelicals won't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon?
The Mormons have some very strange beliefs, true, but have you delved into the
strange beliefs of the Evangelical movement? Very Strange indeed. I will bet that
any religion that has a fundamentalist group within it has some very strange ideas.
What ever happened to election issues and open minded voters? Oh right they
never existed did they.
Newt is going into Florida with a bump though that is true. On TV a little while ago,
are comparing Romney to the boring Al Gore a few years ago. This is the strangest
group of leaders I have ever seen. I only hope the Tea Party is active because
Obama can use them for cannon fodder while he shreds Newt.
One for the money two for the show. well you get the idea, this is becoming a
dog and pony show. with a very weak horse.

In Between Man
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Those open minded Evangelicals won't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon?

America had to choose between two non-Christians for the top job in 2008. Hopefully that won't be the case in 2012.
Last edited by In Between Man; Jan 21st, 2012 at 09:29 PM..

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
lmao Here's a really interesting batch of quotes:

“I have enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet. And I’m doing it. I am now a famous person. I represent real power.”
Newt Gingrich

“Gingrich – Primary mission; Advocate of civilization, Definer of civilization, Teacher of the rules of civilization, Leader of the civilizing forces.”
Newt Gingrich

“The most serious, systematic revolutionary of modern times.”
Newt Gingrich

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
Newt Gingrich

No ego or thirst for power there, huh? lol

“These people are sick. They are so consumed by their own power, by a Mussolini-like ego, that their willingness to run over normal human beings and to destroy honest institutions is unending.”
Newt Gingrich, about the Democrats
Last edited by L Gilbert; Jan 21st, 2012 at 09:35 PM..

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

US politics are a three ring circus, brought to you by big oil, Big Pharma and Big Auto. It really matters little who or what party wins, they are all the same, all dancing to the same puppet masters.

You forgot one, Cliffy..........Big Agriculture and I would argue the most insidious.

Sad and disheartening that out of so many million people, these are the so-called best of the bunch.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1

America had to choose between two non-Christians for the top job in 2008. Hopefully that won't be the case in 2012.

Huh? McCain's a protestant. Obama is listed as having been baptised as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ.
Just what qualifies one as being Christian, in your opinion?

Angstrom
Liberal
Yankees sure are dumb.