2012 South Carolina Primary Race Results Tonight


Angstrom
Liberal
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Do ya think?


Well it's that, or Yankees are really as dumb as they say.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Well it's that, or Yankees are really as dumb as they say.

Maybe before you call anyone dumb you should check and see where South Carolina is....
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Maybe before you call anyone dumb you should check and see where South Carolina is....

They got owned by Yankees in the civil war. History belongs to the victor.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

They got owned by Yankees in the civil war. History belongs to the victor.

Not according to Abe....
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Not according to Abe....


your right. I've just watched a video that has changed my mind
Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES - YouTube (external - login to view)
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#66
Reality is what TV says....

The brilliance is astounding
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#67
I love people who blame Obama for the mess. The mess started with Bush.
In fact when the first cracks appeared, instead of dealing with the problem
he have those with a drivers licence, or registered voters which ever you
prefer, six hundred dollars to go shopping essentially.
Even worse the deregulation that began with Reagan, was shifted into over
drive. The Wall Street crowd and the financial houses misused the system
for nothing more than pure greed. The betrayed the citizens of the country
and they were rewarded with billions in bonuses for doing an act of essential
treason.
We keep hearing them say Obama is ruining the country and what are we going
to do? We are going to return the country to the same gang that did the destruction
prior to Obama coming to power. Is Obama curbing some of the powers these
greedy bugg**s once had? You bet he is, but at the same time there is no socialism
in America that is rhetorical nonsense. If Obama were running in Canada he would
be a right wing Liberal at best and probably more of a Red Tory as we used to call
them. Of course reasonable Red Tories, became extinct when Harper came to
office.
The Democrats are waiting and waiting and for what you ask? let us review the
field of Republicans.
Newt, the guy who called everyone else on the left immoral, was even more so, as
he was doing the same thing as Clinton. That didn't make Clinton any more
moral than Newt. The difference is Clinton didn't condemn others. Newt
was radical and when people realized he was nuts, he lost his credibility.

Romney A wonderful man that has left the impression he wants to make money
regardless of what is good for working people. He has left an elitest taste
in the mouths of the middle class. He is perceived as out of touch, and
boring as wine that had the cork left off it for a week. Flat is polite but its
worse and we know it.

Santorum Here is a guy who sticks to his guns, even though they are a hundred
and eighty degrees off site. people who are conservative and fundamentalist
or evangelical. But mainstream Americans raise their eyebrows like the
rest of us. They don't buy into the holy roly stuff and his glass ceiling is
more like Plexiglas, he won't be the leader for more than a day as it were.

Paul Ron is a nice old guy and some of what he says is true. But some of it is so
wacky it poses as quackery political medicine. Simple is one thing and then
there is simplistic and that is what Ron Paul all about.

Romney is associated with the rich and money brokers who hides behind the tax system
and he pays middle class tax bracket figures while gaining super riches. Santorum is a
limited choice at best, beyond the higher power rhetoric there is little more room for him
to grow on the political main stage
Ron Paul is not electable in the Republican leadership or the Presidential race.
And Newt is not to be trusted, a man who said he was going to be positive is having
difficulty with the truth, and the moral questions he himself once raised about others.
The Democrats can hardly contain themselves The Marx Brothers are on their way to
Florida to make fools of themselves. The Republicans seem to want to take ice picks
to a machine gun battle. God help them if they put up any of this crowd in the Main
event.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Reality is what TV says....

The brilliance is astounding

lol.

Who Was Responsible For Our Current Financial Crisis? | Atlantic Free Press - Hard Truths for Hard Times (external - login to view)

Bush can share the blame for financial crisis - The New York Times (external - login to view)

Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis | Watch Free Documentary Online (external - login to view)
 
In Between Man
Free Thinker
+1
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I noticed the video didn't mention what he stated when so it's just as likely he said he isn't a truther after he said he wanted no controversy and was too busy as it is the way the vid portrayed it.
That's hardly what I'd call proof.

Good point, but if a person asks him "why don't you come out about the truth about 9/11?" he should have been a lot more straight forward if he truly doesn't hold the position that there is something that needs to be exposed. Her question certainly is a "truther" question, so it seems sheepish to not give her a straight response. One thing's for sure is that he's attracted that particular crowd.

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Huh? McCain's a protestant. Obama is listed as having been baptised as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ.
Just what qualifies one as being Christian, in your opinion?

This is the BIBLICAL POSITION on what qualifies one as being a Christian: you have to be born-again. (John 3:3 (external - login to view)).

John McCain: "I'm not born-again, I'm just a Christian".

I know that as an atheist you don't believe that there is a human spirit that has a re-birth when one repents and asks Jesus for forgiveness, but that is what a true Christian is. When you reject God and the spiritual nature of man, it's easy for you to conclude that anyone who says "I'm a Christian" is actually a Christian. However, even if you reject the spiritual nature of man and the concept of being born again, don't you think that it's rather naive to just take a person's word for it? If I told you "I'm an atheist" while in reality my beliefs were that both sides are unprovable so therefore I was unsure, would the statement "I'm an atheist" be accurate? No.

There's false converts, many of these would be people who think you have to be a "good person" to be saved.
There's people who are content with being Christian in name only like John McCain or Anders Breivik.
There's counterfeit religions who think there are Christian, but have twisted the message of Salvation unrecognizable.

As for Obama, he's a syncretist (external - login to view). Thanks to relativism, "his truth" enables him to at least act Muslim to appease people of that faith, while telling Americans that he's a Christian to appease them. Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever he wants for that moment. "God" is a joke to him, a punchline.



Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I don't think even Christ would qualify according to some narrow-minded extremists

A Christian isn't one in name only. You're not a Christian just because you believe in God's existence, or because you "accept God", or because your own standard says you're a "good person". That's the biblical position, yes, the gate is narrow but you're forgetting that it's also wide-open!
Last edited by In Between Man; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 06:23 AM..
 
TenPenny
#70
What I find amazing is the idea that it doesn't matter what you DO, as long as you claim to be 'born again'.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Yeah, I like guys who fuk around on their wives, it shows real character. It takes a real man to cheat, lie, and treat your wife like a piece of ****, while you stand up in front of the cameras and act like you have any morals.

What a fuktard.

Are you talking about Billy Clinton?

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I love people who blame Obama for the mess. The mess started with Bush.
In fact when the first cracks appeared, instead of dealing with the problem
he have those with a drivers licence, or registered voters which ever you
prefer, six hundred dollars to go shopping essentially.
Even worse the deregulation that began with Reagan, was shifted into over
drive. The Wall Street crowd and the financial houses misused the system
for nothing more than pure greed. The betrayed the citizens of the country
and they were rewarded with billions in bonuses for doing an act of essential
treason.
We keep hearing them say Obama is ruining the country and what are we going
to do? We are going to return the country to the same gang that did the destruction
prior to Obama coming to power. Is Obama curbing some of the powers these
greedy bugg**s once had? You bet he is, but at the same time there is no socialism
in America that is rhetorical nonsense. If Obama were running in Canada he would
be a right wing Liberal at best and probably more of a Red Tory as we used to call
them. Of course reasonable Red Tories, became extinct when Harper came to
office.
The Democrats are waiting and waiting and for what you ask? let us review the
field of Republicans.
Newt, the guy who called everyone else on the left immoral, was even more so, as
he was doing the same thing as Clinton. That didn't make Clinton any more
moral than Newt. The difference is Clinton didn't condemn others. Newt
was radical and when people realized he was nuts, he lost his credibility.

Romney A wonderful man that has left the impression he wants to make money
regardless of what is good for working people. He has left an elitest taste
in the mouths of the middle class. He is perceived as out of touch, and
boring as wine that had the cork left off it for a week. Flat is polite but its
worse and we know it.

Santorum Here is a guy who sticks to his guns, even though they are a hundred
and eighty degrees off site. people who are conservative and fundamentalist
or evangelical. But mainstream Americans raise their eyebrows like the
rest of us. They don't buy into the holy roly stuff and his glass ceiling is
more like Plexiglas, he won't be the leader for more than a day as it were.

Paul Ron is a nice old guy and some of what he says is true. But some of it is so
wacky it poses as quackery political medicine. Simple is one thing and then
there is simplistic and that is what Ron Paul all about.

Romney is associated with the rich and money brokers who hides behind the tax system
and he pays middle class tax bracket figures while gaining super riches. Santorum is a
limited choice at best, beyond the higher power rhetoric there is little more room for him
to grow on the political main stage
Ron Paul is not electable in the Republican leadership or the Presidential race.
And Newt is not to be trusted, a man who said he was going to be positive is having
difficulty with the truth, and the moral questions he himself once raised about others.
The Democrats can hardly contain themselves The Marx Brothers are on their way to
Florida to make fools of themselves. The Republicans seem to want to take ice picks
to a machine gun battle. God help them if they put up any of this crowd in the Main
event.

We get it you have no use for rebublicans.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#72
I think Ten Penny has come as close to identifying the problem as anyone. There was a time when we had moral and ethical codes to follow, and if you fell short of those codes it was unacceptable. Lying and adultery were a couple of them, and people who committed them were lot deemed fit to be in leadership roles, because they weren't capable of setting a good example.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Are you talking about Billy Clinton?


We get it you have no use for rebublicans.

I think what is being said is that a vote for the Republicans today is an indication of the moral fiber of the person voting - ie: they have none.

Not that they are any better than those who vote Democrat because there really is no difference between the two. It is just that the American voter has been hood winked into thinking there is to give the illusion of choice and democracy.
 
Tonington
+1
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Are you talking about Billy Clinton?

Is he running for the GOP nomination?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Is he running for the GOP nomination?

Probably not (Hillary wouldn't like it) but nothing would surprise me. He could run for Prez and Monica for Vice.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

Yes.

I think that position basically makes a mockery of your Christian beliefs. I do not know how that position can equate to the teachings of Jesus. But show me. I am quite interested in your reply.

What about a Muslim, or a Hindu on any other and I use the term loosely, Non Christian religious belief. Would they also qualify as can't vote for them due to their religious beliefs are not Christian.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Its like your reading my mind!!! are you born in 1980?

Yeah Ron Paul has morals, unless you are Black, sick ill or in need. Then it is fend the wolves from the door by yourself. Because we, the Greatest Country in the World don't give a shxt about you.

Lovely fella. Figured his type would appeal to you.
 
Walter
#77
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Probably not (Hillary wouldn't like it) but nothing would surprise me. He could run for Prez and Monica for Vice.

I named my vacuum cleaner Monica.
 
TenPenny
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Are you talking about Billy Clinton?
.

Seems to me he was no better than Newt, other than the fact that he isn't trying to make a federal crime out of it.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+2
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I named my vacuum cleaner Monica.

I'm going to name mine Walter.
 
Tonington
+4
#80  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I named my vacuum cleaner Monica.

What you do with your appliances is your business....
 
TenPenny
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

A Christian isn't one in name only.

Indeed so, which begs the question of why you would support Newt, if that is so important to you.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I named my vacuum cleaner Monica.

And the name for your high pressure washer is Barry Nemama
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post


Yeah Ron Paul has morals, unless you are Black, sick ill or in need. Then it is fend the wolves from the door by yourself. Because we, the Greatest Country in the World don't give a shxt about you.

Lovely fella. Figured his type would appeal to you.


There are countless black people that have come forward to tell how Ron Paul helped them when he was a doctor and never charged for his services. You have been fooled.

If he was racist I don't think he would have done That.
The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul - YouTube (external - login to view)


As for not giving a **** about you. If you take bad decisions for yourself, He feels you should pay the price for it. That's called tough love.

That's how most people eventualy evolve into intelligent people. By learning from consequences and bad decisions.
Eliminating consequence = people never learn from there mistakes. Then keep making the same dumb decisions.

Funny how that's, precisely the problem our Elder posters are pointing out with the younger generations.

I guess your looking for a government that takes care of you from cradle to grave. Keeps you from ever evolving into your full potential.
You need a government that will bubble wrap you from your own stupidity. Tell you what you can and can't do.

Ok I understand. You have no idea what made the USA so great in the first place.
Last edited by Angstrom; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 03:13 PM..
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

There are countless black people that have come forward to tell how Ron Paul helped them when he was a doctor and never charged for his services. You have been fooled.

If he was racist I don't think he would have done That.
The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul - YouTube (external - login to view)


As for not giving a **** about you. If you take bad decisions for yourself, He feels you should pay the price for it. That's called tough love.

That's how most people evolve into intelligent people. By learning from consequences and bad decisions.
Eliminating consequence = people never learn from there mistakes. Then keep making the same dumb decisions.

Funny how that's, precisely the problem our Elder posters are pointing out with the younger generations.

I guess your looking for a government that takes care of you from cradle to grave. Keeps you from ever evolving into your full potential.
You need a government that will bubble wrap you from your own stupidity. Tell you what you can and can't do.

Ok I understand.

Again you show your effluence.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

Good point, but if a person asks him "why don't you come out about the truth about 9/11?" he should have been a lot more straight forward if he truly doesn't hold the position that there is something that needs to be exposed. Her question certainly is a "truther" question, so it seems sheepish to not give her a straight response. One thing's for sure is that he's attracted that particular crowd.

Like I said, maybe the second part of the vid came first in the timeline and at the time the woman asked him, he simply didn't have time and didn't want to deal with that controversy. Then the debate came after and he had decided that truthers were wrong.
Your proof isn't proof.

Quote:

This is the BIBLICAL POSITION on what qualifies one as being a Christian: you have to be born-again. (John 3:3 (external - login to view)).

John McCain: "I'm not born-again, I'm just a Christian".

Which version?
So I see no difference between those rebirthed people and ones that simply accepted Christ as their savior from day 1.

Quote:

I know that as an atheist you don't believe that there is a human spirit that has a re-birth when one repents and asks Jesus for forgiveness, but that is what a true Christian is. When you reject God and the spiritual nature of man, it's easy for you to conclude that anyone who says "I'm a Christian" is actually a Christian. However, even if you reject the spiritual nature of man and the concept of being born again, don't you think that it's rather naive to just take a person's word for it?

Nope. I take people's word for anything if I have no reason not to. That's the whole deal behind evidence. In order to show something is true, there must be evidence. Whether it is wrong or right is pretty irrelevant until there's evidence.
Quote:

If I told you "I'm an atheist" while in reality my beliefs were that both sides are unprovable so therefore I was unsure, would the statement "I'm an atheist" be accurate? No.

I have evidence that says your "atheism" isn't true.

Quote:

There's false converts, many of these would be people who think you have to be a "good person" to be saved.

Phonies exist in all aspects of life.
Quote:

There's people who are content with being Christian in name only like John McCain or Anders Breivik.

I'll take your word for it because I'm not particularly interested in people's religious beliefs enough to gather evidence for or against them, unless they flaunt it.
Quote:

There's counterfeit religions who think there are Christian, but have twisted the message of Salvation unrecognizable.

Like I said, there are phonies in all aspects of life.

Quote:

As for Obama, he's a syncretist (external - login to view). Thanks to relativism, "his truth" enables him to at least act Muslim to appease people of that faith, while telling Americans that he's a Christian to appease them. Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever he wants for that moment. "God" is a joke to him, a punchline.

I wouldn't know. Everyone seems to have all kinds of claims about the guy. The media has muddied any evidence of just about anything to do with the guy. To me, that leaves the issue unimportant concerning his job abilities as a prez.

Quote:

A Christian isn't one in name only. You're not a Christian just because you believe in God's existence, or because you "accept God", or because your own standard says you're a "good person". That's the biblical position, yes, the gate is narrow but you're forgetting that it's also wide-open!

IMO, a Christian is simply one who believes in Christ as a savior. People who believe in this god, to me are simply Judaists. Hence the terms Judaist, Judeo-Christian, and Christian.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

What I find amazing is the idea that it doesn't matter what you DO, as long as you claim to be 'born again'.

lol Yep.
 
Angstrom
Liberal
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Again you show your effluence.


So what do you think about it? No opinions?
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I think Ten Penny has come as close to identifying the problem as anyone. There was a time when we had moral and ethical codes to follow, and if you fell short of those codes it was unacceptable. Lying and adultery were a couple of them, and people who committed them were lot deemed fit to be in leadership roles, because they weren't capable of setting a good example.

Besides that, fooling around on your wife is pretty unprofessional while you're in public orofice.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

So what do you think about it? No opinions?

I thought you had me on ignore. Please restore my ignore. Thank you
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Besides that, fooling around on your wife is pretty unprofessional while you're in public orofice.

Vows are vows. Diss one, probability's better you'll diss 'em all
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

What you do with your appliances is your business....

Quite. Ofttimes it's TMI, anyway. lol
 

Similar Threads

15
2012 Presidential election results
by Icarus27k | Oct 17th, 2011
7
May 18 US primary results thread
by Icarus27k | May 19th, 2010
no new posts