Lowe's Pulls Ads from "All American Muslim"

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
no surprise. Personally, I went to Lowes down here in the SE of Calgary once, never again. My wife had a girlfriend that went to work for them, lasted about a month. This just reinforces my low opinion of that chain.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
no surprise. Personally, I went to Lowes down here in the SE of Calgary once, never again. My wife had a girlfriend that went to work for them, lasted about a month. This just reinforces my lowe opinion of that chain.
Fix it for you...

And you aren't alone.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hope no one decides to fly any planes into any Lowes outlets.

Lowe's pulls its ad's from this show for whatever reason (& I watched
the video in the LINK...& it's a pretty sad reason), and I too (tongue in
cheek) thought the same thing before I read your post. I was thinking
about Lowe's coperate offices....but still kind'a sad that I too came up
with the same thought.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Boycotts happen all the time.....this is not the first time.....it won't be the last.
If the advertising doesn't pay the company pulls it. Their purpouse is to make money for their shareholders, and they are not guided by any ideology.....

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If the advertising doesn't pay the company pulls it.

If that's the reason that they pull it.

Small special interest groups, little men with big loud voices usually, end up winning. The real problem is that the majority of the nation is never going to be outraged over this. The majority of us are just too complacent and apathetic.

This is no different than when that "family values" group got Saving Private Ryan pulled from 1/2 the ABC affiliates broadcast throughout the U.S. because it's broadcast "offended" them a few years back.

Small groups of loud people dictating to the majority. That's how I see it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Well at least the good news is that we don't have to be subjected to a show called "All American Muslim."

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Well at least the good news is that we don't have to be subjected to a show called "All American Muslim."

Don't we have "Little Mosque on the Prairie"?

I'd have to watch it to know which advertisers to boycott;-)

BTW I never noticed any outrage except maybe from Yukon Jack when the Liberal left in the state boycotted Glenn Beck advertisers for a while....:lol:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
This subject was on the Daily Show last night. Apparently American Muslim jihadist suicide bombers are boycotting Lowes and from now on they will get their fertilizer, PVC pipes, nails and other bomb making materials elsewhere.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This subject was on the Daily Show last night. Apparently American Muslim jihadist suicide bombers are boycotting Lowes and from now on they will get their fertilizer, PVC pipes, nails and other bomb making materials elsewhere.

:lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

BTW I never noticed any outrage except maybe from Yukon Jack when the Liberal left in the state boycotted Glenn Beck advertisers for a while....:lol:

That's because the rest of us have taste.

Naah...wrong.... what it really means is that most people on the right don't make a big deal out of load of crap from the other side...It just makes for good fertiliser...

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Muslims gotta learn to contribute more to the communities that they live in.
They don't contribute to any professional sports activities, either watching or participating, they don't contribute to any fund raising events like walks/runs, they don't attend any theater events or donate to Red Cross etc etc. They like the jobs these events provides them but they offer little in return.
Being a good citizen involves more than just working at a job !!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You seem to know more about it than most Muslims, rusty nails would seem to be more effective than clean new ones if you are looking for maximum damage.
Since they far outnumber the 'other group' they should just out-lobby 'the other influential group' in Washington who pay off various Yanks with their own money. (you gotta love the irony in that, lol) They collectively could pay 10x what congress-critters now get from the group that has 'outlawed boycotting ' any of its products/services'.

.... professional sports activities, either watching or participating, ...
So you figure they could contribute to the Stanley Cup riots? How many arguments/fights start with a sports topic at the center that sports is not a 'family activity' it is a macho thing for the 'men'.

Did anybody ever ask them what they would do with the combined money from pro-sports if they had a choice? (what would that be in total, 500B/year? Perhaps they would be more inclined to increase the number of people that could make a living at it instead of 1/1,000,000 being able to do it. Perhaps they would be more inclined to tend gardens and forest conservation

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Muslims come to western Christian countries because they screwd up their own country. It's probably because they are not very bright. When we go to help them in their country, they stay here and hide behind the burka..

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Or when Target banned the USMC's Toys for Tots Program!

Lowes will survive but it was foolish to pull adds. Then again... they may pick up more business for doing so.