Tony Bennett Apologizes Again For 9/11 Remarks

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Or his publicist did, whatever. Dude is 85 but still, he said what he said to Stern.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Tony Bennett has again addressed his controversial remarks made to Howard Stern regarding 9/11 attacks on America.
Bennett, 85, appeared on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM show on Monday night to promote his upcoming release “Duets II.” The conversation took a bizarre turn after Stern asked Bennett, a veteran of World War II, how the United States should deal with the terrorists who were responsible for destroying the World Trade Center.
“They flew the plane in but we caused it,” Bennett said. “Because we were bombing them and they told us to stop.” He also asked Stern, “Are we the terrorists or are they the terrorists? Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

more...

Singer Tony Bennett Apologizes On 'The View' For Remarks About 9/11 Attacks Made On Howard Stern Program « CBS New York

HOWARD STERN: Tony Bennett says George W. Bush called Iraq war a "mistake" & 9/11 thoughts - YouTube

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Even if he was wrong he shouldn't have to. He can have an opinion.
What does that have to do with it?

If you accuse someone of stealing, you formulated an opinion. If you were wrong, should you not apologize?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
What does that have to do with it?

If you accuse someone of stealing, you formulated an opinion. If you were wrong, should you not apologize?

No. Not unless you believe you are wrong, which he doesnt. Too many people apologize without actually changing their opinions on a subject.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No. Not unless proven wrong
The highlighted pretty much denoted that.

If you were wrong, should you not apologize?

LOL, nice edit. You should have stuck with the original.

No. Not unless you believe you are wrong, which he doesnt.
So when a court of law proves you wrong, so long as you believe you're right, you're right?

You have to love that kind of fuzzy logic...

Too many people apologize without actually changing their opinions on a subject.
Ya I know, I'm surrounded by ideologues too.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
“I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world,” the singer said, echoing his statement on Facebook.
“Nobody loves America more than I do,” Bennett said, reading from the card.

Please buy my new album “Duets II.” due out very soon.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Again celebs, like to make public statements until something goes wrong of course
then say sorry and move on. Not good enough, if he didn't mean it he should have
kept his mouth shut and if he did mean it , that is alright as long as he maintains
his position of the matter. Last time I looked around we lived in a democratic part of
the world, you have a right to an opinion popular or not.
As for the comment, it was pretty simplistic, something like they told us to stop and
we didn't. Can you imagine if the governments merely did what the terrorists wanted?
Afghanistan terrorists got what they deserved, Iraq was not an attack on terrorists,
as the government there was the legal institution in the country. Terrorists from
Saudi Arabia training in Afghanistan attack the west and we go after Iraq, are the
powers that be confused about which country is which? No the US was following the
smell of oil.
Tony Bennett said what was on his mind, you might not agree, or perhaps you do, and
that is how a democracy works. As for buying his CD of course why not, he is a good
entertainer, his opinion does not reflect the quality of the music.