Sept. 11 was the day my religion was hijacked

gerryh
Sept. 11 was the day my religion was hijacked (external - login to view)

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2 / -1
Wow! I was with them until they said Islamaphobe. That was when I realized it was Gopher.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Still nothing like what our government inflicted on the Japanese during WWll

Retired_Can_Soldier
+6
#4  Top Rated Post
Well the Japanese did all sorts of nice things to the people of the Philippines and also the Chinese.

How come we don't remind them of that every year?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Well the Japanese did all sorts of nice things to the people of the Philippines and also the Chinese.

How come we don't remind them of that every year?

That's different, it was done to someone other than the americans.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

That's different, it was done to someone other than the americans.

Oh the Japanese executed a lot of American airmen rather than send them to POW Camps. Still they aren't reminded of that.

gerryh
+4

Oh the Japanese executed a lot of American airmen rather than send them to POW Camps. Still they aren't reminded of that.

and yet, 10 years later, ALL Muslims are reminded, and blamed, for what a few demented nut cases did to america.

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

and yet, 10 years later, ALL Muslims are reminded, and blamed, for what a few demented nut cases did to america.

Only by some - Yet you class many as having this wacked opinion.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+6

Bullsh!t. I was over there on 9/11. The United States accommodates all religions. This drum that is pounded about a mass of intolerance is a straw man. The sweeping statement of intolerance that indicts Americans is far more ignorant than that of any rednecks, which by the way, exist in every country.

gerryh
+2 / -1
Sorry, disagree whole heartedly. It's also not just the u.s. that is Islamophobic and intolerant. Canada is as much to blame as is half of europe. You go ahead and keep believing that the western world has clean hands in all of this.

I imagine that the gentleman that wrote this article is full of shyte also and really is unjustified in the way he feels.

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

Sorry, disagree whole heartedly. It's also not just the u.s. that is Islamophobic and intolerant. Canada is as much to blame as is half of europe. You go ahead and keep believing that the western world has clean hands in all of this.

I imagine that the gentleman that wrote this article is full of shyte also and really is unjustified in the way he feels.

Would you agree or disagree that the people that rule these countries have also hijacked the religion.

Angstrom
Liberal

Bullsh!t. I was over there on 9/11. The United States accommodates all religions. This drum that is pounded about a mass of intolerance is a straw man. The sweeping statement of intolerance that indicts Americans is far more ignorant than that of any rednecks, which by the way, exist in every country.

I think on this forum alone we have 3-4 members that constantly paint all Muslims as bad.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

I think on this forum alone we have 3-4 members that constantly paint all Muslims as bad.

Care to name those Posters - Or is this invisible

Tonington
+3
I guess the 1600% increase in hate crimes against Muslims following the 9/11 attacks must have simply been a statistical anomaly...

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+4
Interesting to say the least. I have said its time to relegate this sad episode to history.
Let me try to clear up a few other things first though. The reason we don't shove things
in the face of the Japanese and Chinese, is because we struck the first blow, to our
fellow citizens of those two countries. The Chinese were subjected to head taxes and
legislative restrictions designed to keep them reaching their full potential. In addition
some Japanese citizens were fighting for Canada and indeed America, while their relations
were being interned in prison camps and their property and bank accounts stolen
Wouldn't want the children of today hear about our ethnic cleansing episode would we?

As for the Muslims, I admit I have been critical only because I think many in that Community
have not done enough to distance themselves from those who committed these vile acts.
We need to see the Muslim Clerics interact with the rest of their countrymen. They must
advocate for peace and renounce violence with more vigor. On the other hand, the rest of us
must not continue to hold resentment on an entire community for what some radicals have
done. When we view all those people with suspicion and resentment, if not outright hostility
we achieve the opposite goals we seek. If people are marginalized they naturally close ranks
and embrace their faith with more vigor as there is no where else to turn.

Because we grieve for those who died, it does not give us licence to indiscriminately hate others.
Unfortunately we have expressed negative attitudes against all those who survived, while the
people we are angry with are dead and can not feel our anger. Would you spank a small child
because he was the brother of a child that misbehaved?
Today I heard a radio interview on the way home from a Legion Meeting. Interviewed, was a woman
who lost her son in 9/11 and two years after the even she met one of the mothers of the radical
extremists. She found out the mother of the terrorist, was just as hurt as she was and in fact
apologized for the actions of her son. She also made it clear she would never condone such a
terrible act, of terror and violence.

Again I say its time to put this in the historical vault and someday we can look at it as a historical
piece minus the hostility, the hatred, the misinformation we all spread around the world. perhaps
with the monument opened, we can now say goodbye and get on with life. There is enough over
all sadness to go round.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

I wonder how that stacks up against the anti-semites?

gerryh
+2

I wonder how that stacks up against the anti-semites?

does that make a difference? Is it a matter of trying to balance things out? If there are 5 or 6 brainless twats that hate the Jews then you need the same number hating the Muslims?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Interesting to say the least. I have said its time to relegate this sad episode to history.

It is history... but we won't forget it.

Retired_Can_Soldier

does that make a difference? Is it a matter of trying to balance things out? If there are 5 or 6 brainless twats that hate the Jews then you need the same number hating the Muslims?

Who would you rate here on Can Con as hating Muslims?

gerryh
+2

Who would you rate here on Can Con as hating Muslims?

What does it matter? Those that you rate as being "Jew haters" deny being the same. The same as anyone that might be considered a Muslim hater.

Retired_Can_Soldier

What does it matter? Those that you rate as being "Jew haters" deny being the same. The same as anyone that might be considered a Muslim hater.

Well, I have been accused of being Islamophobic. Would you consider that a fair assessment?

gerryh

Well, I have been accused of being Islamophobic. Would you consider that a fair assessment?

At times, yes you have.

Retired_Can_Soldier
So criticism of Islam is Islamophobic?

gerryh
depends on the criticism. Bout the same as criticism of america is anti-american.

Now, as to the article, are you saying that this gentleman is wrong in how he feels and sees things?

Retired_Can_Soldier
+5

depends on the criticism. Bout the same as criticism of america is anti-american.

Now, as to the article, are you saying that this gentleman is wrong in how he feels and sees things?

No, what I am saying is that he loses me mid-way when he reverts from activist to victim. There is a lot wrong with Islam and this fellow identifies a small segment of what is wrong (19 Hijackers-Terror Organization) Then he reverts to the old Islamophobe bit which quite frankly I find to be a cop out. I have seen this card thrown out as a defense mechanism post 911, post terror attacks in the UK, post massacre at the school in Georgia. Western Muslims are not under attack, but the writer of this article would have had my fullest support if he had placed the blame squarely with those who are defaming his religion with their warped interpretation.

Modern Muslims like Tarek Fatah have spoke loud and clear about the morons who are hijacking their faith and need not toss out a race card. In Fatah case he is highly respected for his courage and determination to bring change.

gerryh
didn't read it all eh..... that's fine.

Retired_Can_Soldier

didn't read it all eh..... that's fine.

Why would you think that, because I didn't mention that Tranny Ghoul Ann Coulter?

She's a bobble head, always has been.

Colpy
Conservative

Why would you think that, because I didn't mention that Tranny Ghoul Ann Coulter?

She's a bobble head, always has been.

Ahhh....I kinda like her.....she leaves the lefties foaming at the mouth......and she is brilliant.

The most idiotic post in a series Gerry has posted in celebration of 9-11.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv08EYqwyns-k

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I guess the 1600% increase in hate crimes against Muslims following the 9/11 attacks must have simply been a statistical anomaly...

I'd love a link for THAT claim!..........and 1600 percent of what number????

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

As you have me on ignore how is it that you can rate a post as bad. Really sad.