U.S. Supreme Court has ruled....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that you have the right under the First Amendment to protest military funerals ... I invite you to start your protest in my front yard and we can see if your First Amendment is better than my Second Amendment ...

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
there no causing harm and are far enough away yes there not doing anything wrong by law. do they look like scum bags of course but welcome to life

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
there no causing harm and are far enough away yes there not doing anything wrong by law. do they look like scum bags of course but welcome to life

spoken like a true "democrat".

1. do you support the war(s)
2. you going to vote for Obama (again) lol

these soldiers paid the ultimate cost, and there is no reason why a buch of religious nuts jobs have the right to shout names and obscenities.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

these soldiers paid the ultimate cost, and there is no reason why a buch of religious nuts jobs have the right to shout names and obscenities.

YA, cause YOUR rights trump THEIR rights, and that's why them thar boys are goin over there and gettin killed. Too make sure YOUR rights trump THEIR rights.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
No reason except for the Constitution? Let's make a list of all groups who no longer deserve constitutional rights.

There's plenty of morons who I wish would shut up, but that's the knife edge of being pro-free speech...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
As much as I would appreciate someone blowing the brains out of these idiots, I'm not sure we could tell the difference.

On a calmer note, what should be done is the arrangement of a counter-protest......hopefully with enough protesters with large (blank) banners to surround the Westboro scum, and keep them completely out of the view of the mourners.

Fight fire with fire.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
As much as I would appreciate someone blowing the brains out of these idiots, I'm not sure we could tell the difference.

Of course you would, there's no big surprise. If you don't agree with them.....or like the way they do things..........KILL THE BASTARDS!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Of course you would, there's no big surprise. If you don't agree with them.....or like the way they do things..........KILL THE BASTARDS!

Cease being an arsehole Gerry.....that was a JOKE.....you can READ can't you?

Then read the rest of the post.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I see, wanting to blow someones head off is a joke...hmmmm.... I really don't see the humour in that.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Boomer... if you don't know, Crit isn't all there. For real. Don't get all worked up over him.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

He is trying to get your goat - Just don't let him know where it is tied is all - Then forgive him.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I do agree that "crit" isn't all there, but in this instance, he has it nailed. Right?

I guess they are legally right but I think they do cause harm. Ever see one of their protests at a funeral? It becomes a circus.

I doubt you would want them cheering the death of one of your loved ones.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I do agree that "crit" isn't all there, but in this instance, he has it nailed. Right?
No - Colpy has it nailed.
On a calmer note, what should be done is the arrangement of a counter-protest......hopefully with enough protesters with large (blank) banners to surround the Westboro scum, and keep them completely out of the view of the mourners.

Fight fire with fire.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I guess they are legally right but I think they do cause harm. Ever see one of their protests at a funeral? It becomes a circus.

I doubt you would want them cheering the death of one of your loved ones.

well.....I keep being told that Bear, RCS, you, ironsides, goober, etc have ALL fought for my rights, my freedoms. Do we all, including westboro nutcases, not have the same rights? The same freedoms that you all keep saying you have fought for? Or do some have more rights and freedoms than others?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
well.....I keep being told that Bear, RCS, you, ironsides, goober, etc have ALL fought for my rights, my freedoms. Do we all, including westboro nutcases, not have the same rights? The same freedoms that you all keep saying you have fought for? Or do some have more rights and freedoms than others?

We all have the right to demonstrate or do we lose that having served?
Or is it just right to have a demonstration say for Aryan Nations without a countering pint of view.
Or just for, pick one - For or against Abortion - Only have room for one at a time.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Hmmm... are you having comprehending issues today Gerry? Did someone give you an atomic wedgie this morning?

Did I not say it was legal?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You have caveats in your response.

What caveats. If I was at a funeral I would be upset if they were out there with their antics. Must I enjoy it? Must I enjoy someone saying that the person I am about to bury is now in Hell?