Post S&P Downgrade, Chicagoans Take to Streets, Demand Arrest of Bankers

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The entire financial system set the stage for the financial collapse in 2007-08. All of those who participated should be in front of a court to face charges for fraud, counterfeiting and perjury. This was a world changing event. The US was just the start of the Domino effect. I'm hoping that B of A, Wells Fargo and others take a huge tumble over these conspiracies. Paulson, Frank, Dodd, GM and others should hopefully one day be called to account. Now GM is in trouble again and they are having over 70% of their named vehicles being manufactured off shore. What a generous payback. This whole event was well planned and executed by some big names who are now depositing the proceeds from this swindle in off shore accounts. They don't care and they no longer call this nation their place of residence. If the nation fails, they just go to their new country of residence.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The fact is Americans are getting what is coming to them. They have been living in a
dream world for decades and their blind affection for their buddy Ronald Reagan has
led to their downfall. Yes bankers and financial institutions were out of line, they in fact
financed the greed and reckless behaviour of the population. Everyone can get a
mortgage, a new car, a flat screen TV and God knows what else, the problem is that
not everyone could afford the credit they were given. That is not the banks fault its the
people who abused their credit and their constant demand to consume.
In addition they all flocked to Walmart who bought everything offshore and those great
and wonderful companies that deserted the American worker, and left them without the
financial means to afford the American Dream. Everyone participated in the exercise.
Oh and before you think I am Anti American, remember Canadians have done the same
thing in all too many cases and our day of reckoning in just around the corner. No Harper
did not save us with sound policy he merely postponed the pain to get re-elected.
Europe is another classic case of living in a dream world. Even China. Yes China.
They have the biggest looming housing crisis the world has ever known heading their way.
Makes our problem look good actually.
This whole mess is not over its just beginning

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is not the banks fault its the people who abused their credit and their constant demand to consume.
In addition they all flocked to Walmart who bought everything offshore and
those great and wonderful companies that deserted the American worker, and left them
without the financial means to afford the American Dream. Everyone participated in the
exercise.
It's kinda of a stretch to blame the brainwashed but letting yourself be brainwashed is an error of judgement few will accept.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
America's Fiscal Reality

A friend of mine in Texas republished some recent financial numbers:
U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000
New debt: $1,650,000,000,000
National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
Recent budget cut: $38,500,000,000

Most people glaze over such numbers so he then equated it in simpler terms:
Annual family income: $21,700
Money the family spent: $38,200
New debt on the credit card: $16,500
Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Total budget cuts: $385

small dead animals

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The downgrade is a bit of a joke, if you ask me. The first day of trading after the downgrade the US dollar climbed, and it's been going up ever since. Seems people have a lot more faith in it than just about anything else. The Euro won't be overtaking it as the world's preferred currency anytime soon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
America's Fiscal Reality

small dead animals

Nice one.

Here's an analogy from a recent comment section on another site:

America marinates in self deception. Since our current national debt
of $14.6 trillion is 146 times $100 billion, we will take 146 years to
pay it off at the rate of $100 billion per year, interest not included.
The interest is $250 billion per year. Once we add that in, our new
total pay off amount is $29 trillion, but could go much higher.
However, we plan to borrow much more: $7 trillion more in just the next
10 years. That will mean an additional 70 annual payments of $100
billion each, interest not included. So, our payoff time will increase
from 146 years to 216 years. This is called generational theft.

Can you imagine?

Debtor says, "I want another loan."

Creditor responds, "How much do you owe?"

Debtor says, "So much I need at least 146 years to pay it back."

Creditor says, "Tell me your plan."

Debtor says, "I have no plan to pay it back. I will only pay the interest."

Creditor says, "You want your kids, grand kids, and great grand kids to
pay it back?"

Debtor says, "Do what?This is about me. It will be very painful for me if I do not
get the loan for my needs. I will print some money, too."

Creditor says, "But you have no plan?"

Debtor says, "I plan to borrow 6.5% more year over year instead of 8% more year over year."

Creditor says, "You owe so much it will take 146 years and counting to pay it back, you have
no plan to balance your budget, you print money, you plan to borrow 6.5% more each year than you did the year before...
forever, you dump all your debt on 3 future generations and counting and refuse to repay one dime yourself,
and you want us to believe that you have integrity, and are worthy of full faith and credit?"

Debtor says, "I want what I want when I want it, and I want it
right now for my needs. Give me the loan."

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
What would happen if that protest escalated bigger, and country wide?

One can hope.

"They" would probably chain off a huge area, call it a "free speech zone", and tell everyone to get in there and "yell all ya want."

Cops and army and dogs and mace and guns, standing outside.

No doubt The Democratic Republic of Congo or somesuch would send food aid.

If it kept up and grew, the Koch sucking Koch brothers and the like might decide to move to Canada, where kicking the workers in the nuts, and offshoring anything that pays, is a national pastime.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A warm-up for this one no doubt:

Who Is Behind the ‘US Day of Rage’ to ‘Occupy’ Wall Street this September 17th?

What, exactly, is a “US Day of Rage?” Well, on September 17th we may find out for certain, but until then, The Blaze is revealing what information does exist about this very nefarious-sounding campaign.

A US Day of Rage is the title given to a day of ostensibly “non-violent” civil disobedience orchestrated by a group of radicals — that reportedly include SEIU’s Stephen Lerner and ACORN founder Wade Rathke (who, coincidentally, formerly served as president of SEIU’s local New Orleans branch) — targeting Wall Street and U.S. capitalism. It’s worth noting that the title of the movement — if its intentions are indeed non-violent in nature — appears to contradict itself slightly.

But what is perhaps even more interesting than its title is who is allegedly behind the movement.

You may recall that back in March The Blaze exposed Lerner for stating his aspirations to destroy JP Morgan Chase and cause the collapse of the entire stock market. Now, the US Day of Rage protests, staged by a collective of activist groups allegedly in conjunction with Lerner and Rathke, are planning the actual “occupation” of Wall Street September 17, complete with a tent city set smack-dab in the middle of Manhattan’s financial district. Similar protests are purportedly set to take place across the nation — and even world — at the same time. Some Day of Rage organizers are even calling on activists to squat in Manhattan’s financial district for months at a time.

more...

US Day of Rage Non-Violent Civil Disobedience Wall Street | Video | TheBlaze.com

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
America's Fiscal Reality

small dead animals

So part of the "family" wants to spend more and mug people especially the well dressed ones?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When comparing to other currencies sinking like a stone it's moot. Gold didn't crack $1800oz because the dollar went up. That indicates how much it has dropped.

Look up the YTD against the Swiss Franc and you'll see how it's dropped like a stone.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
When comparing to other currencies sinking like a stone it's moot. Gold didn't crack $1800oz because the dollar went up. That indicates how much it has dropped.

Look up the YTD against the Swiss Franc and you'll see how it's dropped like a stone.
Gold and US dollar went up the day after. Have you priced the CDN dollar since?