Incidences of stupid news media

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, it's an old criticism. Jon Stewart has been doing it for over a decade. But every time I happen to see a cringeworthy news moment that makes Edward R. Murrow turn over in his grave, I'm going to put it in this thread just for historic record.

Fox News Channel was turned on just a second ago. The anchor teased an upcoming segment about what she called "bikinis for babies". Is it a good idea or just creepy, she asks out loud. Then, as the camera pans out to a wide shot, the chorus from "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" plays.

No doubt more incidences will be to come.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Yeah, it's an old criticism. Jon Stewart has been doing it for over a decade. But every time I happen to see a cringeworthy news moment that makes Edward R. Murrow turn over in his grave, I'm going to put it in this thread just for historic record.

Fox News Channel was turned on just a second ago. The anchor teased an upcoming segment about what she called "bikinis for babies". Is it a good idea or just creepy, she asks out loud. Then, as the camera pans out to a wide shot, the chorus from "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" plays.

No doubt more incidences will be to come.

What in the Hell is your point???????????

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Remember when Republicans excused Bush's economic failings by saying that the president had nothing to do with the economy and that it was always shaped by market forces? How times have changed.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Remember when Republicans excused Bush's economic failings by saying that the president had nothing to do with the economy and that it was always shaped by market forces? How times have changed.

Actually, gopher, things have NOT changed. After your idol's three-quarters of first (and only) term, you, your ilk and 0bama still blames everything on Bush.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ROFLMFAO, see nothing has changed. Still can't stay on topic beyond the first post.

Good post Icarus, just one more example of tabloid reporting.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Actually, gopher, things have NOT changed. After your idol's three-quarters of first (and only) term, you, your ilk and 0bama still blames everything on Bush.

Actually Georgie Boy was just one in a long line of presidents who did their best to screw up the economy, going all the way back to Ronald Reagan. He was followed by Bush senior who continued Reagan's failed policies, Clinton who at least knew how to balance the budget, but did little to properly regulate the financial sector; and then GWB who attempted to revive and continue the failed policies of his predecessors. I make that 28 years of poorly thought out economic policies, 20 of them under Republican presidents. But of course, the last three years are all Obama's fault for not immediately reversing the greed and stupidity of the previous 28 years.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
There's nothing like a woman scorned -- and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton knows a thing or two about that.
Clinton is said to be furious with how "stupid" Rep. Anthony Weiner acted when he tried to hide that he'd carried on a series of sleazy sexting sessions with at least six women on the Internet over the past three years.
“What makes this all so uncomfortable for Hillary is how this again reminds people — as if they needed reminding — about Bill and the Monica Lewinsky scandal," a source told the Chicago Sun-Times.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/hillary_clinton_furious_sexting_V8bRomm1CiFPooQyMH8fDL

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Yeah and Bush blamed everything on Clinton & Harper Blamed everything on the previous Liberal Governments, get over it.

Added:

Now in regards to the "actual topic" I personally don't think it's a brilliant idea to start tossing bikinis on babies/infants..... but at the same time, what's the difference to a baby just roaming around in a diaper? In theory, wouldn't a bikini cover more then a diaper would? (ie: a bottom and a top)

Last edited: