Yep, Cuba is just awesome!

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
"......soon after occupying Santiago, Raul Castro directed a mass execution of over 70 captured soldiers by bulldozing a trench, standing the condemned men in front of it, and mowing them down with machine guns"

Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life, by Jon Lee Anderson. p. 388

One incident of many.

In a revolutionary war in which his compatriots (Che and Fidel) were treating captured soldiers' wounds and releasing them. And in which Che demanded a high level of impartiality and evidence in post-revolutionary trials of the worst of Batista's butchers.

A nasty man, Raul.

Just like Batista would have ordered the mass execution of Raul and all his men, what's your point.? It's guerrilla warfare, no time to be pussies. Kill or be killed. Remove the American-backed dictatorship of Batista violently as possible.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Just like Batista would have ordered the mass execution of Raul and all his men, what's your point.? It's guerrilla warfare, no time to be pussies. Kill or be killed. Remove the American-backed dictatorship of Batista violently as possible.
Amazing how you can justify one evil, while in another thread, condemn it. Because the ideology is not yours.

Moral bankruptcy, ethical decay and the utmost of hypocritical hackery.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada

I don't know about you, but if a powerful rich country installed a puppet-dictatorship government to run my country, and I was in a battle to overthrow that dictatorship, there is no way I could not react without extreme violence against soldiers trying to protect that dictatorship.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

With the fall of Santiago, the war was OVER. Batista fled, all that remained was the triumphant march into Havana.

And did you miss the contrast with the treatment of prisoners in the other columns???

Raul is a nasty piece of work.

I don't know about you, but if a powerful rich country installed a puppet-dictatorship government to run my country, and I was in a battle to overthrow that dictatorship, there is no way I could not react without extreme violence against soldiers trying to protect that dictatorship.

Yep. A bunch of 18 year old draftees...

Somehow I'm not surprised.

I think you have just revealed more than you intended.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You negate the mobs influence, and the fact that many Cuban's themselves profited greatly under Baptista, in your childish attempt to single out the Great Satan for your scorn.

Perhaps a symptom of relying on wikiality and alternet for all you thoughts.

BTW, murder is murder. Murdering captured unarmed soldiers, is just as bad, whether your American or Cuban revolutionary forces.

Only one of us seems intelligent, mature and civil enough to grasp that.

I'm not surprised it's me. But then again, I'm not morally bankrupt, or ethically challenged.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
You negate the mobs influence, and the fact that many Cuban's themselves profited greatly under Baptista,

yea, the wealthy elite :lol:

you and colpy are both being hypocrites anyways. Colpy especially.. He regularly calls for the death of Assange, someone who hasn't committed any violent act , or anything illegal as far as I'm concerned. But I guess that's a whole other topic, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Yep. A bunch of 18 year old draftees...

Somehow I'm not surprised.

I think you have just revealed more than you intended.

i didn't see anything about 18 year old draftees...

you don't know how you will react in wartime. i am betting a nationalist like you, if in a position of power, would be ordering the death of all kinds of people you think were traitors and killing unarmed soldiers regularly. enough of the hypocrisy.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Colpy:,Bear:
This is what you need in this thread........

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
yea, the wealthy elite :lol:

you and colpy are both being hypocrites anyways. Colpy especially.. He regularly calls for the death of Assange, someone who hasn't committed any violent act , or anything illegal as far as I'm concerned. But I guess that's a whole other topic, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
I see you missed when I actually said to Colpy I wouldn't condone killing Assange, but hey. You seem to ignore reality and fact as a way of life. I wouldn't expect you to see it any other way.

i didn't see anything about 18 year old draftees...
Blinders will have that effect.

you don't know how you will react in wartime. i am betting a nationalist like you, if in a position of power, would be ordering the death of all kinds of people you think were traitors and killing unarmed soldiers regularly.
Given Colpy's stance on Khadar, I'd say a fair trial would take place first, but hey, I actually pay attention to what's said and have a firm grip on reality, unlike you.
enough of the hypocrisy.
Quite.

Colpy:,Bear:
This is what you need in this thread........

I should have co-authored that.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
I see you missed when I actually said to Colpy I wouldn't condone killing Assange, but hey. You seem to ignore reality and fact as a way of life. I wouldn't expect you to see it any other way.

I never said you condoned it.

Given Colpy's stance on Khadar, I'd say a fair trial would take place first, but hey, I actually pay attention to what's said and have a firm grip on reality, unlike you.

No fair trial, are you serious? LOL. There's no way Colpy would condone any kind of fairness.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I never said you condoned it.
You implied it. But I wouldn't expect you to grasp how anyways, nor have the ability to admit the error, so carry on as you were.

No fair trial, are you serious? LOL.
I'm talking about Colpy, not you. I said he would hold a fair trial. Your near incomprehensible question, would imply that I said "Colpy would not hold a fair trial". Again, something I bet you will fail to grasp.

There's no way Colpy would condone any kind of fairness.
Given his stance on Khadar, I disagree.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

CuBert, like I said before, I came from a formerly Communist Country. And what you say in your post is exactly what happened in Hungary in 1956. But of course, you are too young to have any knowledge of that.

400,000 people fled Hungary after the Revolution was crushed by your ever-loving soul-mate Communists.

There would be just as many or more Cubans trying to escape your Communist Paradise if it were not for the unforgiving 90 miles of ocean between Cuba and those horrible oppressors, you know, AMERICA. Still there are thousands who try with make-shift boats, inner tubes, risking their lives, probably they are just eager to tell Americans and gullible Canadians how wonderful it is to live in Cuba.

So, go there, enjoy yourself. Among 11 million Cubans (except the Communist Party hacks) you will be the only one, on the entire island. And of course, those poor innocent victims of American imperialism, the guests in Gitmo.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
You implied it. But I wouldn't expect you to grasp how anyways, nor have the ability to admit the error, so carry on as you were.

No i made it quite clear I was talking about Colpy .

I'm talking about Colpy, not you. I said he would hold a fair trial. Your near incomprehensible question, would imply that I said "Colpy would not hold a fair trial". Again, something I bet you will fail to grasp.

that was a typo, it meant to say no way Colpy is holding a fair trial

Given his stance on Khadar, I disagree.

i disagree with you
he openly admits that he kills coyotes on sight because they're "varmants" , calls for the death of innocent people.. etc.. I could never see a person like this holding a fair trial

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

you and colpy are both being hypocrites anyways.
Right before you went on to explain why.

Fair enough.

i disagree with you
I don't doubt you do. I just don't think in myopic terms, so I see more of his true character than you do.
he openly admits that he kills coyotes on sight because they're "varmants" ,
As do I. They're an invasive species that cause countless dollars in damage to livestock, as well as small game stocks.

calls for the death of innocent people.. etc.. I could never see a person like this holding a fair trial
Again, you need to think more.

What will be your next diversion? Now that you've lost another chapter in the argument.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just like a city boy...not to understand varmints.....We have couple of fox (four legged kind) that roam around town and the golf course....they don't bother me and i don't bother them...but I have a few neighbours with cats and one with a pair of miniature shihtzus.....I wouldn't blame or report them for setting a trap for them foxes .....

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
CuBert, like I said before, I came from a formerly Communist Country. And what you say in your post is exactly what happened in Hungary in 1956. But of course, you are too young to have any knowledge of that.

400,000 people fled Hungary after the Revolution was crushed by your ever-loving soul-mate Communists.

There would be just as many or more Cubans trying to escape your Communist Paradise if it were not for the unforgiving 90 miles of ocean between Cuba and those horrible oppressors, you know, AMERICA. Still there are thousands who try with make-shift boats, inner tubes, risking their lives, probably they are just eager to tell Americans and gullible Canadians how wonderful it is to live in Cuba.

So, go there, enjoy yourself. Among 11 million Cubans (except the Communist Party hacks) you will be the only one, on the entire island. And of course, those poor innocent victims of American imperialism, the guests in Gitmo.

Why are you comparing 1950s Soviet Russia to 2010 Cuba ? It's not even remotely similar. ..
The Cubans trying to flee are trying to get out of poverty. The American embargo against Cuba has had devastating affects on their economy.
Oh a lot of other factors as well
CNC: Why Cubans "flee" the island
[FONT=Osaka, Arial, Helvetica]Since 1st January 1959, the US immigration policy has been aimed at encouraging illegal migration from Cuba, thus becoming an important instrument of its hostile policy towards Cuba. [/FONT]

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Just a comment from when I lived in China. In reality, a reime can never control all aspects of life. Once I knew enough Chinese to have deep enough conversations with people, I'd found that as long as we were respectful of Chinese patriotism and did not diss the country per se, and tried to understand their concerns, they were quite open to discussion.

Now let's put this into perspective. Imagine a Chinese coming to Canada and spouting off how evil Canada is and how Quebec should be granted its sovereignty along with all the First Nations, or at least respect their treaties, that we need to change the BNA act to scrap the separate school system, etc. Some Canadians would be highly offended by that. Not surprisingly, many Chinese react the same way to ethnic issues in their countries.

At the same time, if a Chinese came to Canda to criticize these things, some thicker-skinned Canadians would not be offended in the least they may or may not disagree, but even if they disagree, they'd be able to approach it in a controlled intellectual manner rather than just react angrily towards that Chinese. And sure enough, there are Chinese I'd met in China who were the same. Some even agree with granting more freedom to all Chinese, special protection for minority groups, and acknowledge the injustices of the reime. But even they woudl hear nothing of foreign intervention to impose democracy from the outside. Even they would insist that it must come from within, from the Chinese themselves, and all in due time. Very, very few Chinese would support foreign intervention.

Even those I'd met who opposed the reime could still acknowlege benefits of the regime too. One, for instance, insisted the government should gradually grant more freedom over tiem and that the people ought to pressure the government to grant such freedom gradually. I'd witnessed a strike on one occasion in China, and had seen public debates about social policy with open criticism of this or that policy. Granted, it's never directed at the government, but rather at its policies.

Did I feel free in China? Not very. If anything, I felt suffocated in some ways. That said, I certainly did not feel as oppressed as people outside China make it out. Most Chinese woudl rather pur up with some suffocation of freedom for now and gradually open up than have open civil war or economic collapse as had happened in the former USSR.

Looking at it that way, I'd say the best way to force China to open up is simply to open ourselves up to China, to free trade, etc. As a result, as we become increasingly interdependent, it would become increasingly difficult for either country to control its people. Seeing that in Canada the government does not control us that much anyway, it would be an easy pill for our government to swallow, but for the Chinese government it's a tough catch-22: development vs. control.

I don't see why it would be any different for Cuba. The more we open trade etc with Cuba, the more interdependent we'd become, and so the more difficult it owuld be for Cuba to control its people as they are forced to have more freedom to go on business trips, etc.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

i disagree with you
he openly admits that he kills coyotes on sight because they're "varmants" , calls for the death of innocent people.. etc.. I could never see a person like this holding a fair trial

CUbert:

My opinion on Omar Khadr, as posted April 29

1. Khadr was a child soldier, brainwashed into a way of life before he was old enough to make his own choices. (Please Read Long Way Gone by Ismael Bael for a look at the experiences of a child soldier)

2. It was not murder.......to charge someone with murder for throwing a grenade at you after you just dropped a 1000Kg bomb on them is ludicrous.

3. The average killer in the USA serves 8 years........Khadr has already been in well over that.

4. Military tribunals are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Read the Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution.

5. The Americans have shown that they are not willing to give him any semblance of a fair trial in any case, they dismissed his preferred defense lawyer, and simply blocked any avenue to justice Khadr's team has tried to follow.

It is simply time to end this, and bring him back to Canada.

Had they shot him dead on site in Afghanistan, I would have no problem with that. They did not, they chose to bring him to the USA, now they have to accord him all the rights he is entitled to.....and they have not.

From this page: http://forums.canadiancontent.net/international-politics/91949-omar-khadr-release-him-now-3.html

Assange is not "innocent".......far from it. I assume that is who you are talking about. I'd rather he be extradited to the US and spend 25 years in prison, but if that can't be done, treat him the same as any other spy that is a threat to the stability of the nation and/or the safety of our soldiers.

As for coyotes, around here they are the eastern variety, much larger and more aggressive than their western cousins, they hunt in packs, and have no fear of man. They have been responsible for at least three attacks on people in eastern Canada over the last year, one fatal. They are actually a coyote - wolf mix, and have not retained any wolfish "manners", such as being afraid of humans. I had actually stopped shooting at them (I'm getting old, and no longer like shooting things just for the hell of it) but then they took to attacking people.....

Best to occasionally reinforce their impression of our lethality with my .223 Remington.......

I patiently await your apology.....:) (although I ain't holding my breath)