Canadian border officers cause trauma to good people

3sands

Aug 29, 2010
Ontario
To CDNBear. I think you are on to something. Maybe my poor experience at the Canadian side of the bridge was in conjunction to the Kott arrest. Due to the proximity of the incident the guards falsely thought I was in cahoots with her !

I have been going over and over the incident to reason it away.
I have now concluded that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the fact I had severe pain from my 2 herniated discs in my lower back from having to sit in my truck 4 hours to get to the other bridge. I must have looked a wreck. I was glad to get home to my pain medication. I should not have driven anywhere that day in my condition. I will be glad to get the surgery for the repairs.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To CDNBear. I think you are on to something. Maybe my poor experience at the Canadian side of the bridge was in conjunction to the Kott arrest. Due to the proximity of the incident the guards falsely thought I was in cahoots with her !
Maybe, or maybe they just had it in their minds.

They are human, humans are prone to having bad days, and yes, gawd forbid, bringing personal drama to work.

It happens. Is it a good excuse to be disrespectful to you? Absolutely not. As the vanguards of Canadian entrances, they have a duty to be respectful and put on a face that paints Canadians like we would like to see ourselves.

I have now concluded that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the fact I had severe pain from my 2 herniated discs in my lower back from having to sit in my truck 4 hours to get to the other bridge. I must have looked a wreck. I was glad to get home to my pain medication. I should not have driven anywhere that day in my condition. I will be glad to get the surgery for the repairs.
I know how you feel, I have a disc going sideways myself.

3sands

Aug 29, 2010
Ontario
This is why I love my Miniature Schauzers and all animals in general. They never talk back and are always happy to see you.

DDRob7676

Nov 15, 2010
hello there those who cros the border from usa to canada on sept 23 of 2010 i was in canada i have visited this grate country for the last 9 years and my son cam to visit us and he has a pas port and they would not let him cross so we went to the us side and then came back in to go to canada they would not let me go back in to the canada side the gard wanted a coppie of my deed a coppie of a gas bill and phone bill and a water bill and i have my pas port a pas port is what it means and the wanted a rap sheet i had no clothing no med and am disable they can deside if they want to let you in even if you have a pas port i dont know what is going on with this country the law is that we can stay in eather country 6 mo\ and i did not get to talk to a superviser and that is the law if you think your not being treated fair you are alowed to talk to a supervisor

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I do believe the behavior of the border guards at the Rainbow Bridge is out of control. Who is in charge of them ? I have already complained to the government, but it has fallen on deaf ears. I was so traumatized when I tried to bring back a 7 week old Miniature Schnauzer pup on August 29, 2010, I may never travel again. I have lived in Canada for almost 30 years, and have be a contibution to society. I may sell my home and everything and move out of this country.Treating me like I am doing something wrong!This is not the first time I have experienced an incident like this. They were sarcastic, rude,called me a liar, and do not even know what they are trying to enforce about bringing a pup back to Canada. Said does it have a rabies shot!You can not give a Rabies vaccine to a 7 week old pup. Said to me, Oh is this a show dog? Are you reselling it? No, it is for me ! They said I needed a broker ! ! ! ! ! It is a 7 week old pup ! Asked me to open the back hatch, but would not let me get out of the car to do it! So, they turned me around and sent me back to the US crying with this pup. Crying profusely, in severe pain from a disc problem in my back, and a numb leg, I could not even come back to my home! Thought about taking the pup back to my breeder friend, as they would not let me pass. I decided to try the other bridge.
Thoroughly nauseated from my ordeal and almost running out of gas now because the other crossing was out of my way, I got sick to my stomach on the highway and had to pull over and you know what. I was now at a stand still, as there was a mile and a half line up at the new bridge. It took me an extra 4 hour to get back home due to the back up on this new bridge. It would have been a few minutes from the other location. I was thinking to myself, what if the same thing happens here? My out of gas light came on in my car. I had been crying from the pain and sickness in my car.I was worried sick and I was not doing anything wrong. They all wear guns and I thought one move on my part and they could shoot!
The office at this new bridge asked the usual questions. I had to pay the taxes on my puppy and away I went.
So my big question is, What was their problem at the Rainbow Bridge? I had all of my vaccine papers with me and a receipt for the price I paid, expecting to pay the duty and be on my way. I live 2 minutes from the Niagara Falls Bridge.
I have had many of my breeder associates experience this abuse also. Some have been sworn at with the F word with their children in the office !
I could not sleep last night thinking about the emotional abuse I suffered for no good reason.
Canada says tourism is down at their border crossing ! I wonder why !

There's not much you can do unfortunately beyond ask for his name and ID number, and report him to the appropriate department once you get home. if enough people did that, maybe they'd get some remedial training, we'd hope.

3sands

Aug 29, 2010
Ontario
To DDRob7676.
You know I have not been traveling across the borber since the incident on August 29, 2010. I have concluded that it does not matter what the laws are at the bridge on the Canadian side. They will do what they like with you which now scares me to death. I am law abiding and try to do everything as it should be done. I had done my reserach on the CANADIAN goverment web site to see if I was OK before I traveled. I was hassled for no good reason. The only reason I can find is, the law does not matter, they will do as they like. My letters to the government fell on deaf ears. I have family in the US, but I am so afraid of them at the borders, I will not travel again. I just don't want the hassle. I am not off colour. I am the same colour. I have made Canada my home for over 35 years now, and my fellow Canadians at the border made me a piece of dirt. I had never had a bad time on the US side of the bridge. Figure that out !I guess I should be glad that the only thing they did was not let me come back to my home ,my work and my family. They all wear gun and It could have been worse. They could have shot me dead, and think of the reason later ! This is what really scares me. I should not think of this, it makes me puke.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Border guards are just like you and me and have the same fears as you or me so if you are nervous and freaked out when approached they will use their instincts and do what they are trained to do. Once upon a time they had to hold back their instincts but now that has been cut loose.

They haven't got all day to piss around with a nervous nilly who doesn't have all their travel details or receipts at hand and neither does the person behind you in line desrve to wait for an unprepared nervous nilly.

Get some Ativan from your Dr. and get high before you go if that is what it takes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Am I hearing you right that you think you should be treated better because you're white?